Reporting someone that hangs on to a travel bug

Treasure Cachers

How do I report someone that has had one of my travel bugs for over a year? I've sent him several "gentle" reminders and the last email that came back stated, "Do not e-mail me again..... Your item will get placed as I have stated. I am a very busy person. You do not live here and you do not know what the area is like due to the weather". I wrote the guy back and let him know that my brother lives in the area, so I DO know what the weather is like. All I want is my bug back and I'll place it somewhere else. I even offered to pay for postage in a previous email. Help! :shocked:

How do I report someone that has had one of my travel bugs for over a year? I've sent him several "gentle" reminders and the last email that came back stated, "Do not e-mail me again..... Your item will get placed as I have stated. I am a very busy person. You do not live here and you do not know what the area is like due to the weather". I wrote the guy back and let him know that my brother lives in the area, so I DO know what the weather is like. All I want is my bug back and I'll place it somewhere else. I even offered to pay for postage in a previous email. Help! :shocked:

You can't really do much with a 'report' and what would be end result, banning them? Then you definitely wouldn't get your bug back.

Forget about it. If it's been over a year you can re-release the bug using the copy tag. If the original bug gets placed you can pull either one of the bugs out of circulation.

I know it stinks. I have a few stories of my own, but there's no point in losing sleep over some inconsiderate cacher.

Edited by BlueDeuce

simpsons_torch_mob.jpg

mob-angry.gifmob-angry.gifmob-angry.gif

mob-angry.gifmob-angry.gifmob-angry.gif

the-angry-mob.pngthe-angry-mob.png

Edited by Snoogans

Thanks all! I appreciate your feedback. I know it's just a game, but I guess not everyone is as courteous as most of us! Thanks all! Happy caching!

People that are "too busy" to properly play the game and move TB's in a reasonable amount of time ought to not touch Travel Bugs..........ever.

As you can clearly see, once they do, it's over. And I'd not give such a person the satisfaction, if you get my drift. :shocked:

All you can do is wait and hope for the best. They said they would place it out again that makes it hopeful. Unfortunately some people don't understand how to treat them and yes they get lost and stolen. Some people think they are trade items. That is why I am putting a note with each one of mine in hopes it will better the chance of it not disappearing.

I feel your pain.

You can report them to me if you like.

I promise to write their caching name on a large sheet of card, in thick black felt-tip, in letters guaranteed to be at least an inch high. I will stick it on this lime green wall next to my PC.

I promise that every day I will glare very severely at their name.

Will that help? :shocked:

MrsB :blink:

I feel your pain.

You can report them to me if you like.

I promise to write their caching name on a large sheet of card, in thick black felt-tip, in letters guaranteed to be at least an inch high. I will stick it on this lime green wall next to my PC.

I promise that every day I will glare very severely at their name.

Will that help? :blink:

MrsB :(

:shocked: How about getting someone in the area to place a cache dedicated to your TB Bug Snatcher, placed very near to where his/her location is.

But whenever the bug snatcher logs a find, delete the log!

You will get a tiny bit of satisfaction maybe... or you could just let it go.

I've sent him several "gentle" reminders and the last email that came back stated, "Do not e-mail me again..... Your item will get placed as I have stated. I am a very busy person. You do not live here and you do not know what the area is like due to the weather". I wrote the guy back

There's nothing you can do. However, you're on notice by him not to send him any more emails. As another has stated once the TB is released into the wild it's at the mercy of nature and others. If you continue sending him emails after he has put you on notice there is something he can do.

I've sent him several "gentle" reminders and the last email that came back stated, "Do not e-mail me again..... Your item will get placed as I have stated. I am a very busy person. You do not live here and you do not know what the area is like due to the weather". I wrote the guy back

There's nothing you can do. However, you're on notice by him not to send him any more emails. As another has stated once the TB is released into the wild it's at the mercy of nature and others. If you continue sending him emails after he has put you on notice there is something he can do.

can you check his activity has he found or placed any caches mabey he/she is lying

I gave up on TB's & coins. To many inconsiderate people out there.

I'm curious if you just dropped the bug in the cache or if you put a note with it stating one that it was not a trade item and two the mission. I do this in hopes it will reduce the number that come up missing. I see some that contain such a message but more that do not.

I'm curious if you just dropped the bug in the cache or if you put a note with it stating one that it was not a trade item and two the mission. I do this in hopes it will reduce the number that come up missing. I see some that contain such a message but more that do not.

Adding a mission tag is highly recommended.

I give a couple of cacheing classes a year and when I talk about TB's the first thing I say is don't get emotionally attached to them. The travel instructions on my bug are:

I have decided to set a reasonable mission for this coin.

It is to wander afar in any direction.

It will be missing for long periods of time.

It will be listed as being caches where it is not.

It will be retrieved by cachers who will not move it for excessively long times.

It will be retrieved from caches that it is not logged into.

It will be retrieved from caches by cachers who will note its tracking number in the log

And BlueDeuce what's with the new Avatar. The old one was so cool