To All The Geocache Hiders

Thanks.

Today the wife and boy and I took a drive out in the country to go geocaching. We spent three hours hunting down geocaches, in the process travelling down back lanes and old gravel roads, visiting places we'd lived near for years and never knew existed. We finished off the day with slushies in a small town, found three more nearby, and drove home smiling and at peace. It was a great day out, and it was all because of a groovy little hobby called Geocaching.

So to all of you who have ever hidden a cache, even if only one, I just want to say thanks. It's your efforts that make days like this possible, and keep this wonderful sport going. Cheers and happiness, and keep up the good work. :D

Thanks.

Today the wife and boy and I took a drive out in the country to go geocaching. We spent three hours hunting down geocaches, in the process travelling down back lanes and old gravel roads, visiting places we'd lived near for years and never knew existed. We finished off the day with slushies in a small town, found three more nearby, and drove home smiling and at peace. It was a great day out, and it was all because of a groovy little hobby called Geocaching.

So to all of you who have ever hidden a cache, even if only one, I just want to say thanks. It's your efforts that make days like this possible, and keep this wonderful sport going. Cheers and happiness, and keep up the good work. :D

AMEN!

Nice post. I couldn't agree more.

Today the wife and boy and I took a drive out in the country to go geocaching. We spent three hours hunting down geocaches, in the process travelling down back lanes and old gravel roads, visiting places we'd lived near for years and never knew existed.

Caches out rural in the country is our family favorite! There are so many interesting things, places to discover and wildlife you might see.

Happy caching! :D

Thanks.

You're welcome. As a finder there are some things that they can do to show appreciation. Besides trading fairly and taking care of the cache the biggest things i think are:

-Take time to write a log and share with the hider your fun. I hate spending time researching/making/preparing/hiding a cache and getting a log that says "TFTC TNLNSL".

-Post pictures! Owners like pictures of your fun.

Thanks.

So to all of you who have ever hidden a cache, even if only one, I just want to say thanks. It's your efforts that make days like this possible, and keep this wonderful sport going. Cheers and happiness, and keep up the good work. :)

Well said. Thank you. That has been our experience exactly. There are times when we have had three generations out caching: my 74-year-old dad, me, and my three youngest kids. There have also been times when I have taken all 6 of my children. We have discovered canyons near our home that we never knew existed. It has been my attempt to cure my children of "nature deficit disorder." There are times when we'll pass a location where we have found a cache, and my boys will sing out "Geocache, Geocache." Great times, great memories. It teaches patience, persistence, and stamina. (Sometimes the lessons aren't always appreciated by the youngest ones--we're working on that--but, in theory.... :P.

Anyway, thanks for sharing the positive sentiment so many of us feel. Keep it up, and you will have great times with your family.

As everyone else has stated. This is why I love to hide the caches. We have two hidden under our team name Team V3 on Peaks Island, Maine. I love those logs we get when people talk about how much they love the spot. Sometimes even if they don't find the cache. It makes me feel good to know I brought someone to a place that made them happy. Even if only for an hour or two.