"My Finds" Query - when will this start working again?

gvsu4msu

I had the same problem this week. I ran mine at 4/12/2009 12:59:00 AM, and have not received it. I'm assuming it is "lost". Its not in my spam folder. This is the first time I've had a problem. Usually it arrives almost instantly. I will try again next week.

PQs were lost this weekend. Many were rerun by intervention by TPTB.

I'm not sure any "my Finds" were. (I don't know for sure, but I'm judging by the number of people saying theirs ran but never arrived.)

Unless TPTB reset the date last ran for all weekend my Finds submissions, I think you wait a week.

I ran a "My Finds" query on April 12th hoping to update me stats. However I have not received it since.

I ran my all finds last night and nothing.

I ran 4 PQ's last week and one took a week.

I have intermittent PQ problems all the time.

They are most likely never going to arrive and nothing will be done to reinstate our ability to rerun them.

Wouldn't it be great to have our premium money go for a more reliable system?

I tried running mine on 4/15; it claims to have run but no gpx file ever arrived.

I did run a regular PQ destined for the default account and I did get it. So that would seem to rule out some sort of spam filtration issue.

My Finds Last Generated (PST)

You can receive a Pocket Query containing a list of all the caches you have found, along with your log entries. Running this query will add it to the current queue for the day.

*The Pocket Query can only run once every 7 days. 4/19/2009 9:42:03 AM*

Still not arrived anywhere not in spam not in my inbox not in my googlemail account its not anywhere i can look for it.

All my other PQ's have arrived no problems, notification emails no problems.

Seriously do i have to wait a whole 7 days again to find out if its still not working ??? that will be 21 days from first reporting the issue.

I didn't see anything in the update list about this being fixed or even looked at.

Is this an ommission ?? 17 days and waiting

the button is greyed out still

Any sort of acknowledgment would be appreciated even if its we know theres a problem

the silence is deafening from over here

The problem is not a general one.

6 days and 30 minutes after receiving my last My Finds I clicked on the submit button once and received my new My Finds within 2 minutes.

The original post had to do with a general issue with PQs a couple of weekends ago, I think. You might have better luck creating a new post with your specific situation or contact Groundspeak directly.

Sorry for your troubles, but they are not widely shared.

No complaints here either - the last 2 I have generated came through within 10 minutes after I added them to the Queue. Somehow someway - your issue seems isolated. A "my finds" PQ does tend to be a bit larger maybe that is an issue somehow? Maybe it is being filtered to some other folder (not in your inbox)? Something else?

I'm having the same experience as MarkandLynn. My PQs are running and being sent OK with good turnaround.

I have now submitted 2 My Finds queries, both have run but nothing has arrived in my inbox. Seems that My Finds are emailed through a different process to normal PQs and the email process is not working correctly.

I ran a "My Finds" query on April 14th and never received it although it says that it was truly generated. I did notify Groundspeak about this in this post

This morning (Friday 4/24/2009 around 11:00 AM EST ) I ran another "My Finds" and yet never received it although it says that it has been generated by 4/23/2009 8:00:59 AM PST which is somewhat weird because 23 was yesterday! All of my other regular PQ for Friday April 24 were received and their Last generated PST was marked as April 24.

What is happening? Never had any problem with MyFinds PQ since the beginning of its implementation. Now it has been two fail in a row. Will I have to wait again another week just to make another test?

I would be very pleased if you could solve this issue.

Thanks

-Denis aka OpusTerra

And I ran mine on Monday morning after finishing the logging from the weekend and had it in minutes.

Cool :D !

I am quite sure that there is many people like you that did received their MyFinds PQ otherwise it would have been a huge amount of complains :D !

But I assert that I did not received it in any of my e-mail account nor did I change anything in my configuration in the past weeks that could affect the normal MyFinds behavior.

I am quite sure that there is many people like you that did received their MyFinds PQ otherwise it would have been a huge amount of complains :D !

But I assert that I did not received it in any of my e-mail account nor did I change anything in my configuration in the past weeks that could affect the normal MyFinds behavior.

I'm thinking it's your ISP. I've been receiving mine, others have been receiving theirs. So, if you haven't done so already, I'd contact your ISP and see if they're blocking mail from geocaching.com

ISP problem :D ?

Well, my GC email account is on hotmail.com and actually nothing is blocked from this URL (or IP adress).

Otherwise, I have NO problem receiving any other regular PQ the whole week long on this hotmail account. It is only just the MyFinds PQ that have a problem. I just can't see how my ISP would only block that one. It would be hotmail.com that would block it but it does nothing with all of the other emails that I currently received from GC.COM

I just wondering about the file size. My finds are now around 11K+ and I wonder if the file size is becoming an issue. The last MyFinds PQ I did received by March 31 was a zip file of 6764Kb. But I think that the file size limitation on hotmail is around 10Mb. I just read that recently GC.COm sent MyFinds PQ with 5 logs instead of just one. That would increase the resulting file size a lot even if it is zipped.

Well, here I go again.

Ran my all finds last night and have received nothing.

I'm really glad this isn't happening to everyone but it doesn't help to log on that fact. Many are having a problem and being intermittant makes it worse.

When GC was made aware last time they ran a PQ for me right away but that file was made up of 20 files and partially corrupt. I've done a work around and would love to get this squared away.

My regular PQ's are working.

Have you given any more thought to the file size issue?

"The last MyFinds PQ I did received by March 31 was a zip file of 6764Kb. But I think that the file size limitation on hotmail is around 10Mb."

Could you have other saved e-mails that would send you over Hotmail's limits so they are refusing myFinds?

(I know you have probably heard this before, but when I started having size issues with my e-mail provider, I switched to Gmail and have never had to worry about it again.)

I havent recieved the "My Finds" PQ that ran on April23.

All other PQ's have worked within 5 minutes or so of setting them up.

Can it be becuase of the 5 logs people have been saying show up and it made it over 10 MB?

Very possible. The 10MB limit that many ISPs impose actually allows sending smaller attachments only - there is a lot of overhead in sending large files via email. Bulk that is not included in the attachment file size itself.

I just read that recently GC.COm sent MyFinds PQ with 5 logs instead of just one. That would increase the resulting file size a lot even if it is zipped.

FWIW I looked at my "My Finds" gpx, which obviously is a lot smaller than yours. There's only my logs for each cache. There are multiple logs only if I logged multiple times (DNF, Notes, etc. in addition to Found It logs). Mine arrived within minutes of me requesting it, but again, since my file is so much smaller than yours, even the fact that I use Hotmail doesn't really help a lot.

Concerning the file size limitation, I just made a check with a friend sending me a file size of 9993Kb to my hotmail.com account and I received it almost immediately.

Hi folks

Just lurking :anicute:

Ok take the next step and have your friend send a file 10001kb and see what happens. My finds file is a lot smaller but I always get it.

D.

Concerning the file size limitation, I just made a check with a friend sending me a file size of 9993Kb to my hotmail.com account and I received it almost immediately.

Hi folks

Just lurking :anicute:

Ok take the next step and have your friend send a file 10001kb and see what happens. My finds file is a lot smaller but I always get it.

D.

:anicute: Problem is that our ISP's does not allows us to send an 10001kb file !

Can you send me one at opusterra_AT_hotmail.com?

Hipp hipp hipp Hourra :unsure: ! I have received my MyFinds PQ!!!

It has been a week after my last try and about a month since the last functional one.

But something strange happened after I clicked on the Add To Queue button. First, it took about 30 seconds before it came back from Sending request to geocaching.com. Then, the button was not grayed at all and the date was still the last tried date. I was tempted to press the button again but prevent myself doing so because I had to go to job. I was then quite deceived that it did not worked. Great that I did not push the button again as this noon I had a 8027kb file in my hotmail inbox! Actually the AddToQueue button is grayed and the date is 4/30/2009 4:07:32 AM* which is OK as I requested the PQ this morning around 7:00 AM Eastern Time.

Thanks Groundspeak! Now I can say: My Finds Query - is working again :( !!!

Denis

Edited by OpusTerra
Now I can say: My Finds Query - is working again :rolleyes: !!!

Denis

And we are left with an unsolved mystery, right? No idea why it didn't work for you.

The only thing I should think about it is that I did not press the button another time(s) after the web page was refreshing without the button being grayed as it has always been before the problem arose a month ago.

Edited by OpusTerra

What I've found about submitting the MyFinds PQ is,

1). When you press the "Add to queue" button, that's exactly what happens. It's add to the queue to run when it's it's time

2). The "Last Generated (PST)" date changes only when the PQ is run, not when the "Add to queue" button is pressed, and the "Add to queue" is also grayed out.

It's called, press the "Add to queue" once and patiently wait your turn in the queue for it to run.

Edited by W8TTS
It's called, press the "Add to queue" once and patiently wait your turn in the queue for it to run.

If this is the normal behavior I think that there is a user interaction problem there. How would you prevent someone to click again on the button when there is no feedback given to him after 10-15 minutes.

There should be some form of acknowledgment even if the query is not yet processed just to indicate at least that the request has been taken in charge by the system.

I too have attempted to generate the My Finds query over the last couple weeks and have not received either. I've checked the basics (e-mail address, etc.) and had even ran a regular pocket query as a test (that was received successfuly).

As I patiently wait for next week to be able to try again I wanted to reinforce that there is a problem with the system.

Any form of Tech Support and/or communication regarding the problem would be greatly appreciated!

CGBosn

If this is the normal behavior I think that there is a user interaction problem there. How would you prevent someone to click again on the button when there is no feedback given to him after 10-15 minutes.

There should be some form of acknowledgment even if the query is not yet processed just to indicate at least that the request has been taken in charge by the system.

I agree. It would be nice to have some sort of acknowledgment, such as the "Add to queue" button going dull. Then it couldn't be pressed again.