Trackable mileage missing

Shilo

We found the same problem with no mileage being posted yesterday and then today noticed that no mileage for any logs old or new is being displayed.

Based on the layout display for each log, the field to display the miles seems to be missing completely.

This is occurring with both IE 6 and IE 7.

Sure hope it gets fixed.

It's also occurring in Firefox. I hope it gets fixed soon also, as I keep a spreadsheet of the miles my geocoins have traveled.

This occurs in firefox 2 and 3 too.

A geopatch I updated today (dipping into caches visited in the past week) has zero mileage on it, the links to the map do not show up, the mileage statements for each log are not there.

I would upgrade my membership if that is necessary to see them - seems to be a glitch though.

A geopatch I updated today (dipping into caches visited in the past week) has zero mileage on it, the links to the map do not show up, the mileage statements for each log are not there.

I would upgrade my membership if that is necessary to see them - seems to be a glitch though.

I'm a premium member and the mileage is missing so it's not a regular/premium member problem.

There seems to be two differrent issues here.

-Total mileage and mileage between caches are missing.

and

-Mileage missing between caches only.

I'm only missing the mileage between caches, but if I click on view map beside total mileage then that page shows the mileage between caches.

There seems to be two differrent issues here.

-Total mileage and mileage between caches are missing.

and

-Mileage missing between caches only.

I'm only missing the mileage between caches, but if I click on view map beside total mileage then that page shows the mileage between caches.

I noticed the total mileage is NOT being updated as well. B)

But I'm getting placement logs!!! :P

Groundspeak?????

I'm a premium member and the mileage is missing so it's not a regular/premium member problem.

Yes, I upgraded and found your statement to be true. I hoped that little bit of extra support for them from my part can encourage them to fix this problem...

As a web developer by hobby, I decided to go slightly more in-depth instead of babbling about non-functioning features, and maybe try to be more helpful.

Mileage on /tracks/details.aspx will not update. For items with zero mileage, this means that mileage number, and map link, will not display at all. This "stuff not appearing" beside the "Tracking History" header is not the problem as the conditional dependence on mileage to not be zero is working as it should. What seems to be broken is the mileage recalculation, leaving my TB stuck at zero.

Assuming that the database is completely intact from favourable results attempting to directly use the map generator without a link, this suggests that either the recalculation module, or its trigger (or some other dependency) is glitched.

(Map generator (/track/map_gm.aspx) is still working, even if link does not show up. Noted that it uses the simple TB ID as a get/requestquerystring value instead of a guid string. I discovered my TB ID by placing it in a cache, downloading the cache GPX and manually scanning for travelbug lists, which are right at the bottom. Using this number in the url, I generated the right map which shows all current movements and mileage between logs, including those added a couple days ago and today, demonstrating that the database and whatever mileage and bearing parser it uses is working.)

To the devs, I may have been stating the obvious all along, but I hope this little bit of sleuthing helps, as opposed to not at all if I was keeping to myself.

Edited by Zarya.

I too am having the same problem.

I've just received an email saying my new TB has been logged, first drop since I set it free, showing where it is, showing in the cache it's been dropped in, but no mileage travelled or map displayed.

Definitely a system issue, I'm using Firefox v 3.0.2

I just got a personal coin and the mileage is missing on that. I didn't know whether it was to do with the fact it's gone in and out of caches but never left the hands of me, the owner?

I think that a bug/coin has to be 'Placed' in a cache for the mileage to even get started, and for the possibility of a map to be born.

I am in the same boat. I do not have the "View Map" feature on my TB's and the total mileage is reading "0" miles for the TB's and coins that have moved. A word from "Groundspeak" please?

Isn't the silence defening on this? There has been several posts asking this question in the last week or two.

When I click the Map link, a map is displayed. Also in that map are the movements with mileage.

I think part of the problem is new bugs and coins don't have the map link, being stuck at 0 or something, so the system doesn't register it as having travelled.

Interestingly though, the option to view in google earth does exist, and that does show the cache locations etc!

Thank you for your patience. We managed to find a solution sooner than expected, and it's now live.

The 'solution' hasn't worked in my case...but I didn't expect it to, so I'm not disappointed. :)

I'll just enjoy some vicarious satisfaction for those who DID get relief! :D

Did you happen to click "Recalculate" on the trackable that's not showing mileage?

-Raine