Cointest!

Ble68

I am holding a random posting cointest. There will be 15 winners. Most of the coins are nerds V2 but you may get lucky and recieve something else! You can tell stories about coins, caching, caching friends, ect. I am not going to be too picky about what you post. I will give away one more coin for a person you nominate. It can be for anything just state the reason you nominate that person. Cointest is over at 11:00 EST. I won't be awake but I will let you know who the winners are tomorrow.

Have FUN!

Edited by Ble68

Oh, i am the first :D

My coin confession, I sneak to my moms house up the road and raid her coin stash, she shows them no respect by stashing them in a box and hording them to herself. I free them, provide them a nice cozy spot in my notebook for all to see. LOL

<---- is laughing because upon reading this I know my mom is freaking out and running to go coint her coins. MUH HA HA :anicute:

I nominate Tsun!

edit to being Number 2 to post, i took to long typing this lol

Edited by dark_onyx1982

Well... I'm not really sure what to talk about. I don't own a lot of geocoins. I believe that geocoins should be released and not collected in almost all cases so that is why all of my coins are traveling. I am finishing with my first geocoin - the ConundrumCoin - which will be sold by Hogwild Stuff.

Just a question, how much times are we allowed to post? Thanks for the cointest!

Thanks for the cointest Ble!! This is fun. :anicute: I will tell a little story...

We met a new cacher Friday night who was attempting our 5/5 cache. He went and introduced ourselves to him and invited him in for tea. He was amazed at our coin collection so we invited him to stay for dinner and discover all of our coins. :D It was lots of fun. He participated in the geoguitar group project and gave us one of his coins. I gave him a couple in return plus our pathtag. Is was an enjoyable evening discussing caching and talking about geocoins.

Hmmm nominating just 1 person is tough. I am going to nominate the new cacher that we met so I don't hurt anyone's feelings and because he loves releasing geocoins. His caching name is RCA777. He doesn't collect them so it would be fun for him to win a cointest.

I got hooked into Geocaching as soon as I saw various blogs and read about the activity, but the beauty, creativity and originality of geocoins never ceases to amaze me.

I have even this weekend got the thrill of moving a couple of really good looking coins and some travel bugs, and of course I got a nice walk, breath of fresh air, and the hunt is just so thrilling.

Thanks to all of you for keeping this activity a Buzzin.

Well... I'm not really sure what to talk about. I don't own a lot of geocoins. I believe that geocoins should be released and not collected in almost all cases so that is why all of my coins are traveling. I am finishing with my first geocoin - the ConundrumCoin - which will be sold by Hogwild Stuff.

Just a question, how much times are we allowed to post? Thanks for the cointest!

You can post as many times as you want. If for some reason in the random drawing a post number comes up from the same cacher more than once I will just draw again. Pengofamily brought up a good point. You can nominate more than one person, I just ask that you keep it to one per post.

My coin confession, I sneak to my moms house up the road and raid her coin stash, she shows them no respect by stashing them in a box and hording them to herself. I free them, provide them a nice cozy spot in my notebook for all to see. LOL

<---- is laughing because upon reading this I know my mom is freaking out and running to go coint her coins. MUH HA HA :anicute:

I nominate Tsun!

HHHMMMMM sounds like I better be checking my stash ;):anicute:

Cool a cointest and I am not asleep yet :D

A story :anicute: hmm, let´s see

I think a great story is the one of my first TB, I did not have a gps at that time and there was only one in reachingdistance. I went there and searched a whole park estimated in advance with googlemaps and earth. Took me quite a while to find it, but I was very excited about finding that TB ;) TBMQB1

My nomination would be my mom, ´cause I owe her a lot and she really deserves it, her caching nick is Ida27

Thx for this great cointest nerds rock :anicute:

<---- is laughing because upon reading this I know my mom is freaking out and running to go coint her coins. MUH HA HA :D

I nominate Tsun!

HHHMMMMM sounds like I better be checking my stash :D:anicute:

Hey look!-----------------------------> A distraction. ;):anicute:

I will also be going to Geowoodstock and will hopefully have some ConundrumCoins to trade. I really hope to met many members of this community there!

As for the nomination, I would like to nominate OwlCacher. He is one who introduced me to Geocaching and if it weren't for him I would have never discovered this wonderful sport/game.

My story would be that when I started caching with my daughter we knew that every time we went caching one of two things would happen. We would either get soaked by a sudden rainstorm or we would end up in the woods after dark dodging the spiderwebs while trying to remember which way led out. YUCK!!

250px-Banana_spider.jpg

Edited by kehunt64

My story would be that when I started caching with my daughter we knew that every time we went caching one of two things would happen. We would either get soaked by a sudden rainstorm or we would end up in the woods after dark dodging the spiderwebs while trying to remember which way led out. YUCK!!

And I still have the little plastic spider I got from that cache that had us lost in the woods in the pitch black! We did good that whole day, then mom had to get "one last cache" before heading home. Needless to say it took us over an hour to get a cache that should of taken 5 minutes. We were in the back undeveloped park of a city park with no moon and several recent reports of dog attacks in the area and my mace was in the car. It was in interesting night.

Hey, its raining right now, why are we not out caching?

Edited by dark_onyx1982

I nominate Dorsetgal & GeoDog!

My current caching story is that I seem to have lost a coin that I picked up at a mini event I organized this week in Florence. I'll see if I can find someone who is offering this coin up for trade, so I can replace it :D

I will also be going to Geowoodstock and will hopefully have some ConundrumCoins to trade. I really hope to met many members of this community there!

As for the nomination, I would like to nominate OwlCacher. He is one who introduced me to Geocaching and if it weren't for him I would have never discovered this wonderful sport/game.

Thanks, and I have to return this nomination as well. Dimkasmir introduced me to the world of the Geocoin Forums, and without him, I would not be posting here right now.

Yesterday while caching, we bumped into a fairly new local cacher ... of course stories got round to how did you start?

Well, originally, I wanted to find out how much distance I was covering while walking Caesar in the local nature reserve, a friend, also a wheelchair user, suggested a gpsr, which is what he used to tell how far he walked his dog!

So, while researching which gpsr to buy for dog walking, I saw one which said "suitable for geocaching", I wondered what on earth that was a googled "geocaching". As soon as I was on the site I discovered there was a cache 0.4 miles from my home, so within minutes I had collected Caesar and my neighbour and her dogs and we went for our very first caching trip. No gpsr at that stage, but as it was so close to home, I knew where it would be just from the hint, 10 paces NW of the two maritime pine trees.

We found the cache, and I was hooked! :D

I would nominate Jim aka Castleman as he is very generous and releases so many coins into the wild.

Thanks for the cointest, good luck everyone!

Edited by Dorsetgal & GeoDog

Oh! A cointest! Thank you for that!

Well, a story... I found geocaching accidently! I am a coins and banknotes collector, so while I was searching for greek coins, I fell on a photo of the first greek geocoin! I just loved it!!!!

At first, I thought it was a medallion or something! No face value, colored.... what was that?? I started searching and.... here I am!

so, I love coins! My first coin that I buy, was the Greek coin! Unfortunatelly, my wallet limits and a job problem I am facing, are not allowing me to buy more or to make my own! At least not yet!

I am very sad when I hear about lost or stolen coins! I just do not understand this!

Oh! Nominate someone!! There are so many great persons here, that deserves an honorable mention and a coin! well, not only a coin but more than that!

I really found geocaching is not only a great game, but it is a good chance to get to know people from far away, nice people that you wouldn't meet without geocaching! I am very lucky to be here with you guys!!! Thank you all!

for this post, I will nominate a good friend, with codename "over the edge" !!!

She is a wonderfull person! Not only because of the coins she send as gifts for me, but because I really love the way she enjoys her life! She is very possitive, very generous, and kind person! I am sure she is a smilling person too! This is rare in our days!

I'd like to nominate Mandy of Us 4 and Jess.

She selflessly produces geocaching calendars to sell within the caching community raising money for charities and good causes along the way. She is currently producing calendars to raise funds for the UK mega event and for two other causes (an air ambulance which rescued a cacher being among them). It takes her ages to get all the photos and nag other cachers into sending her photos and buying calendars and she does it joyfully, well done Mandy!

My next caching / coin related story ...

This geocoin is doing the rounds in the UK at the moment, I recently moved it, it has a card attached and each caching team that handles it, adds their mobile phone number, and also sends a text to all previous cachers who have had it. It's all about making contacts for that all too important Phone a Friend!

Edited by Dorsetgal & GeoDog

I'd like to nominate mousekakat. She is the first person who introduced me to the kindness of the members of the geocoin forum community by sending me one of her GeoJelly coins which I really wanted.

When I first started caching, I did not have a GPSr. Instead I just printed out Google Earth with the location of the cache. Only after almost a year did I get my first GPS receiver.

Another story

I have visited this one supposedly simple micro 3 times, once alone, once with my mom and once with my muggle hubby. I knew what tree it wsa at, but for the life of us we could not find it. The fourth trip up to it was my mom, a muggle friend, and myself. Again, we search every nook, cranny, branch, and leaf. My muggle friend (first time out caching mind you, cursed boy scout!) picks this little piece of bark up off the ground and says, "is this it?" upin seeing the flaming look in the eyes of myself and my mom he backs up slowly and asks, "whats wrong?" We could not believe we got showed up by a muggle!

Since I can post many times...:D

I am the only geocacher (ok, under my name, itis me, my sister and my brother in law, ok?) in the Greek islands! I am probably the only geocacher that is southern of Athens!

So, sometimes I feel lonely! now, foreign geocachers are visiting my island! Nice!!! when I see tourists , I am wondering....are they geocachers?? :anicute:

well...If I see someone in the area close to a cache, how to see if he is a geocacher or a mugle??? I just go and ask him? they will think I am crazy! I am a little shy too...

Since we all keep our eyes open for mugles, we might do that without even knowing that we are actually doing the same thing!

I am not talking about finding someone loging etc, ok?

I recently had an experiense, so... I had to place a new container in a micro cache! The older was lost! I went in the area, an open area, a touristic one! There were many people, so I waited until some tourists leave from there! I was with my father, he took me ther with his mororbike! When the area was clear, I started going to the cache, to put the new container! then I saw that a couple was comming! I left without doing anything and went near to my father and asked him to show that he is fixing his moterbike! the couple stayed there, close to the cache and I realized that they were looking us! after 5 minutes, they left! Unfortunatelly the area was full again, so I had to wait! the couple came again! once again, the same thing! when they left, I finally managed to place the cahce, and we left!

while we were doing that, I saw that couple taking their way back to the cache area! I was almost sure that they were geocachers, they thought that we were muggles and waited too until we leave!!! ;)

What could I do? Go and aske them if they are geocachers? Just like that??? Well... at least my father's moterbike was fixed!!! :D

In this post, I would like to nominate "Gardengorrila"! I won a coin and they sended 2! the second was her nerd V2! :D And...not only that! inside the letter, was an Egyptian banknote for my collection!!! Thank you so much gardengorrila!!! :D I learned about Egypt, things that I didn't know, I found that we have things in common! WOW!!! I like that!

Even if Atlantic seperates us, we can communicate, and being friends! :anicute:

I think that I will keep the cointest going until 4:00 pm EST.

4pm on Monday?

I will nominate Nurse Nanna. She is a great caching partner and dear friend. Her ways of looking at things on the funny, comical side never fail to amaze me!!

I started geocaching after reading a story in the newpaper. The cache was in a park about 2 miles from my house and it looked like fun. I reasearched it and I was off!! The odd thing is that the park director also read that story and demanded all caches be removed from his park system. Sadly the cacher who placed the cache had gotten permission from the previous park manager but didn't get it in writing. The cache that got me started also got all the caches pulled from the parks in the city where I live......

I would like to nominate Dorkfish. I love her designs and she is a very generous and caring person.

When I was a very, very new coin collector a new coin was announced that I really liked. It was the first Sunshine Gang coin --the nontrackable one and probably was the one that got me into this obsession. It came out just before Christmas. My kids were asking me for ideas for Christmas gifts for me so I decided to put that on my list. I didn't realized that coins then usually sold out extremely quickly. When I went to the site the next day to copy the link for them I was very dissapointed to see they were all sold. Several months later I was able to make a trade for it.

In January, my husband had to go to Egypt on business and there was no way I was going to miss out on that one, no way. We arrived in Cairo and it had just rained so the smell was not too bad, but the next day on the way to Alexandria WOW did it smell. Anyway, my husband worked all week and I got to tour and eat seafood. not bad :D . Back then, there were no caches in Alex. so I was pretty bummed. There is one now and its' at the library and I missed an FTF by days! Well, we weren't going to leave Egypt without at least one cache so on our last day we toured the Pyramids at Giza together. We arranged for a 'long' camel ride which we thought might take half an hour. WE WERE WRONG. We were on those camels for over an hour before we were able to find a way around the wall that encloses the land around the pyramids. Then we found the cache and were on our way back. Let me tell you, camels are smooth when they walk but get them in a canter and wow are they rough. I was ok because well I'm from the farm....but my husband. Everytime I looked at him his face was an open O in a mixture of pain and surprise. I found out later he didn't have his feet in the stirrups :anicute: . Good times!!!

Anyway we got a cache and also a virtual cache that requires you to take a track log around the base of the largest pyramid and calculate the coordinates of its' apex. The result was spectacular...it was facing dead north, not off by even a smidge. The pyramids truly are one of the seven wonders of the ancient world.

I'd like to nominate Chatal from Pengofamily who sent my daughter, Cinnabear a whole bunch of 'extra' coins and pathtags for her very first mission, the Chocolate mission. She's a very kind and generous soul. :anicute:

Ok, an other one!

I found all caches in my island!!! All, including one that I loged only in the logbook, and not here, just because the cache is only for premium members! :anicute: Oh yes! After many hours of searching, I found that too!

I am only missing one that is actually not active from 2005 or 2006! I went there, but I didn't find anything! The cache is probably not there anymore! Too bad, bacause it had a TB inside, that now it is showing as in Unknown place!

The problem is that I am not travelling a lot, I will just going again and again to the same caches, until a new cache get's activated!

I am afraid that if I make too many logs in them (notes), other caches will things strange things about me! Well, I will do that only if I have to drop a coin, or I might just help coins to travel! You know...take a coin from one cache and dropping it to an other... who knows...I might trade a little if that is ok! :D

i have officially been a geocacher for just about two weeks. that is the first time i actually went out and made my first search, which incidently was a no-find. i wish i had got properly into caching when i first registered on this site back in 2005. when i first moved to the highlands in scotland (im a southern english person) it wasnt a place i would have chosen to live if it wasnt for my husband. the enviroment is very different to southern england, i miss the dense green forest lands. because of that i became an almost recluse, i only went out to do important stuff like shopping. i lost my fun for nature and my spark of fun for exploring. 8 years later and im still none the wiser about the area i live in apart from the town i live in and naighbouring town centres. the bits in between, the wild bits that have no buildings or roads, what are they called? oh yes its the countryside, i really regret allowing my sense of adventure nearly die. i have now started to want to explore places again and seek out areas that i never even knew existed.

i want to thank geocaching.com for revitalising my soul and encouraging me to get out and about for the exercise i seriously need..

im currently exploring places for my first cache placement.

I think that I will keep the cointest going until 4:00 pm EST.

4pm on Monday?

I will nominate Nurse Nanna. She is a great caching partner and dear friend. Her ways of looking at things on the funny, comical side never fail to amaze me!!

I started geocaching after reading a story in the newpaper. The cache was in a park about 2 miles from my house and it looked like fun. I reasearched it and I was off!! The odd thing is that the park director also read that story and demanded all caches be removed from his park system. Sadly the cacher who placed the cache had gotten permission from the previous park manager but didn't get it in writing. The cache that got me started also got all the caches pulled from the parks in the city where I live......

Yep 4pm Monday.

I will nominate FairyHoney. I've had fun in some threads trading song lyrics with her!! LOL

I went to an event 2 weeks ago where there were several caches in the park. One cache though seemed to migrate to the other side of the hill from where it was originally placed and most of the cachers were having trouble finding it. A group of three or four cachers went before me. One of the male members decided he needed to remove himself from the group for a few minutes and guess what. Yep he was the one who found the cache!! LOL I'm sure he will get teased about that one for quite awhile!!!

I also would like to nominate Ble68 for holding the first cointest I will win a coin with :D

Story:

Right now I am collecting coins all over my neighbourhood, ´cause I will be travelling to Vancouver next month, I had a lot of fun with all the caches, this would be a thread on its own if I where to post it all :anicute:

Yay GATOULIS!!!! All 17 caches? Now what are you going to do? You'll have to organize an event for Greek cachers and hide caches for each other!!! :D

:anicute: Hello my friend!! Well, I found 16 caches including the one I couldn't log! the virtual was found by my sister and my brother in law (both under my codename too), in their visit to Athens! :-)

Oh! I really do not know what to do!! I might go to Symi island, which is close to Rhodes, and there are 3 caches there, but...

I count the Greek geocachers, and they are not more than 26 or 27!!!! If I count persons and not codenames, we are about 31 or 32, but just imagine that we are 3!!!! The only team that has more than 2 persons, here in Greece!!! Of course, they may be others too, but...We are not more than 40 for sure!!!

Thank God, a Geocacher from Athens, everytime he is visiting Rhodes, is placing a cache!

We want to place some caches too, but we are having problems with the cordinates! when we put cordinates, it is ok, but when we want to see the cordinates of the place we are, our GPS, is giving us different ones!

I tried to find cordinates for my house, and the result was to see only Turkish caches!!! the map showed that I was not in Rhodes, but somewhere in Turkey (and not close to my island!)! we have to see what we must change! :anicute:

so, for now, I will just moving coins and TB's, or droping coins! what else??

Now I would like to nominate myself Tschakko, just in case I do not win one of the random ones :anicute:

A few weeks ago I started out to make the FTF of a cache called Dosenbaumroulette, it was a cache where there are micros every 1 m sitting on a tree from ground to 6 meters up, but only one is hosting the logbook, right in the middle of a forest. If you find the logbook you can choose the box you will place it for the next one...

So I took a small ladder hoping the kogbook would be in one of the boxes near the ground, when I got there that was not the case. Then when I was standing on the ladder reaching high, having a small dead fir tree in my hand to reach the highest box, there were cachers coming from 3 different directions to me, I gues the sight I was giving them was just hillarious, ´cause they were all laughing.

I like meeting people in the forest, especially if they are cachers, it is always fun :D

hmmmmm.....something just came in my mind!!

I would like to nominate a coin to all mystery coin makers!! If you know anyone, please do it! Do not say who he is, let the mystery continue!

Why? Well, they are generous! they do not ask anything back! they just want to give happiness to others! The mystery they have, gives an other tone to the game! A good one!!!! I am not an owner of any of them, but I can feel the happiness when the finders are posting about them! So, I believe that this coin will be a "Thank you" for them! :anicute:

It was just a thought!! :D