Cointest!

Ble68

Not many people know this but ...

ICONS is an anagram of COINS! :huh:

This time, I would ike to nominate DarrylW4 & Firefly03, not only for their great podcast productions but also for making me most welcome when I have visited their area of Michigan, going out of their way especially so they could take me to an Earthcache out of town and learn somehting of the geography of their area. Top folks!

Good morning Tuesday - off to the Endodontist to get that broken tooth temporarily fixed.

One thought - I can see the time of the last post (I am assuming this is Eastern US time) but cointests would benefit from showing us what the time is NOW - so those of us who have to convert from other time zones know if we still have time to post.

Perhaps it is time I have a world clock toolbar on my computer, but then I will still get it wrong. I can convert easily to GMT (Greenwich Mean Time = the world standard) and some Australian zones, but have difficulty with most others. Until I am travelling and the airlines show the time at destination.... so that my body can adjust.

I can recall flying from Auckland to Los Angeles, a 12 hour trip and arriving before I left !

Edited by Butterfly_lady

Good morning Tuesday - off to the Endodontist to get that broken tooth temporarily fixed.

One thought - I can see the time of the last post (I am assuming this is Eastern US time) but cointests would benefit from showing us what the time is NOW - so those of us who have to convert from other time zones know if we still have time to post.

Perhaps it is time I have a world clock toolbar on my computer, but then I will still get it wrong. I can convert easily to GMT (Greenwich Mean Time = the world standard) and some Australian zones, but have difficulty with most others. Until I am travelling and the airlines show the time at destination.... so that my body can adjust.

I can recall flying from Auckland to Los Angeles, a 12 hour trip and arriving before I left !

I will fly to Canada next month from amsterdam, they say it will take 1 hour total :huh:

I am looking forward to all the caches over there

before i start this short tale, i need to let you know that i am terrified of spiders and all things creepycrawly.

i also happen to live in the highlands of scotland where alot of the land is wild and open peatlands covered in heather. and the thing that tends to love lurking in heather is ticks.

well my first cache hunt i chose to go on is in the peatlands near john ogroats. there i am slowly picking my way through this and keep checking and slapping at my legs imagining im feeling something crawling up my legs.

i then prceded to stumble and fall fall first into the deepest part of the heather.

i freaked out and considering im not very fit and it took my about half an hour to get where i was. i ended up almost trunndling down that hill and i got back to the car where my husband was waiting squealing check me check me, at the top of my voice (whicj wasnt easy to do considering i was trying to catch my breath and was panting like a pair of old bellows.

i then almost stripped naked at the side of the road (which doesnt have alot of traffic) so that husband can search for ticks. at that exact moment, the normally near empty road got quite busy when about 7 vehicals drove past at 30mph.

Less than 40 minutes. I'm sure the stories will come flying in now. :huh:

That reminds me a story about my trip to area 51, well to tell you the truth, after that bright

flash from one of those agents pens, I kind of forgot everything. :huh:

AH, We have our own:

Area 51-Bavarian Style - GCKRXF

After just starting caching, we see an event is going to be held close to our area. So we decided to go. We sit down and are a little worried about these people. We all ate then shared a little info about each of us. The oddest looking person was very kind and even gave me and my oldest daughter each a geocoin! I came to find out he is BBB (ranked about 10th in finds in the world). BBB made us feel welcome and started us into geocoins.

So, I nominate BBB.

Thanks

After just starting caching, we see an event is going to be held close to our area. So we decided to go. We sit down and are a little worried about these people. We all ate then shared a little info about each of us. The oddest looking person was very kind and even gave me and my oldest daughter each a geocoin! I came to find out he is BBB (ranked about 10th in finds in the world). BBB made us feel welcome and started us into geocoins.

So, I nominate BBB.

Thanks

We all feel a little weird at our first geo event we go to. We are all a odd bunch to the newbies. :huh:

I nominate icydove for a story we can all relate to. :huh:

Daredevle like`s the ice fising,

Gatoulis prefer greek siting.

Joranda love`s the little green men,

Tschakko is the mickey fan.

Jan and the percceys boys,

the bring us the joys.

tooey has a beautiful bleu hand,

sweetlife find cache`s in every land.

the Wolf pack nominate`s Loridarlin & E&Cplus3,

Rockinroddy drive`s in his jeep happy and free.

Surteb has the 400 past,

Butterfly laddy fly so fast.

Grodan&Fabius your coin is just super great,

Fairyhoney your compliments a never to late.

team Fireboy give my me a dalmation coin one day,

Map monkey follows the crazy way.

Geo.Error likes digging and not to wait,

Ble`s lucky number is 68.

my nominate`s are these lovely people who make me shine,

when i read there story`s white a glass good wine.

Edited by lorca.nl

I just remember my first cache I placed :huh: , it was in an old stonegrave, and I used an old tupperware I got from a customer, I gotta confess I am selling the new ones :), my first cache ws a hit in an area where there were not many, even though I had to move it several times I will always kep it up running :huh:

Edited by Tschakko

I just remember my first cache I placed :huh: , it was in an old stonegrave, and I used an old tupperware I got from a customer, I gotta confess I am selling the new ones :D, my first cache ws a hit in an area where there were not many, even though I had to move it several times I will always kep it up running :)

wrong forums, I know but the first I placed was a lock N lock ( much better than tupperware :huh: )at a park and ride :D

I just remember my first cache I placed :D , it was in an old stonegrave, and I used an old tupperware I got from a customer, I gotta confess I am selling the new ones :huh:, my first cache ws a hit in an area where there were not many, even though I had to move it several times I will always kep it up running :D

wrong forums, I know but the first I placed was a lock N lock ( much better than tupperware :D )at a park and ride B)

I dought it´s better than tupperware :) once the lock is riped off you gotta dispose it, tupperware you just get a new one for free :D:huh:

Hehehe, that took longer than I expected :huh: This is how I got the winners... I used a random # generator and checked if the post that won had a nominee. If it did both the poster and the person nominated in that post get a coin.

#104-Gatoulis with the nomine of Fairhoney

#79-Butterfly Lady

#126- Rockin Roddy with the nominee Team Coy Chev

#22- OwlCacher with the nominee Dimkasmir

#19-Kehunt with the nominee Tsun

#135-Jordanda

#170-LadeBear

#140-Geo. Error

#76-Ms Snuffy

#147-Surteb with the nominee Clamm

#51-Tschakko

#65-sparticus06

Thanks to everyone that played!

Hehehe, that took longer than I expected :D This is how I got the winners... I used a random # generator and checked if the post that won had a nominee. If it did both the poster and the person nominated in that post get a coin.

#79-Butterfly Lady

#135-Jordanda

#170-LadeBear

#140-Geo. Error

#76-Ms Snuffy

#51-Tschakko

#65-sparticus06

Wow, this is so cool, my first cointest that I won something :huh:

Thank you very much for holding this cointest, it´s been a lot of fun, can´t wait to see what I get :)

Congratulations to everyone that won

Edit:

Just looked up the post I won with, did I win twice? I nominated myself in that post :D:huh:

Edited by Tschakko

Fairyhoney? Are you there? I am so sorry about my spelling mistake in the post I nominated you! Sorry!!!!

I was reading the posts, and saw something... Geoerror is a lady?

Geoerror, my friend is a lady and I didn't know it?? :D

Well, I am going to my volleyball trainning now! see you in a couple of hours! :D

I think the first time we encountered Geo_Error was during a cointest that I put on.

I sure didn't mind your using "d" instead of "n". but I am Not the domineering type :D:):huh:

Hello to all! Just came back form volleyball trainning! :-)

I am glad fairyhoney that you didn't mind! when I saw in the dictionary what I wrote...I felt..... :huh:

I am not that type either! B)

Oh boy! what a letter can do!!! :D

Fairyhoney? Are you there? I am so sorry about my spelling mistake in the post I nominated you! Sorry!!!!

I was reading the posts, and saw something... Geoerror is a lady?

Geoerror, my friend is a lady and I didn't know it?? :D

Well, I am going to my volleyball trainning now! see you in a couple of hours! :D

:huh::D Sorry Gatoulis, i hope your not disapoint, i am a lady :huh::)

dissapointed?? Oh no!!!! B) Why be dissapointed? I just didn't want to make mistakes, like I did with Frozen buns! I thought she was a man and in her cointest.... B):D

anyway, I have to check if the cointest is over, who the winners are! I hope you are one my friend!!! B)

Hehehe, that took longer than I expected :huh: This is how I got the winners... I used a random # generator and checked if the post that won had a nominee. If it did both the poster and the person nominated in that post get a coin.

#79-Butterfly Lady

#135-Jordanda

#170-LadeBear

#140-Geo. Error

#76-Ms Snuffy

#51-Tschakko

#65-sparticus06

Thank you Ble68 for the cointest, it was a blast. Loved reading all of the stories. I am glad to see that I also won a coin for TSUN :huh:

Congratulations to all of the other winners!!!!

#79-Butterfly Lady

#135-Jordanda

#170-LadeBear

#140-Geo. Error

#76-Ms Snuffy

#51-Tschakko

#65-sparticus06

Yay! Thanks! Email with addy is on the way.

WOW!

Tooth temporarily fixed till next drill appt.

Now at work ---

And wow!

I begged and begged in post 79 - I feel so special - you have brightened my day!

Congrats to all the winners.

All the stories,

All the variety that tells so much about us all.

Loved the cointest - especially that it lasted so long to allow a full cast of players.

Way to go!

Edit - Address sent through GC.com profile message system. :huh:

Edited by Butterfly_lady

OMG!!! OMG!!! You mean I actually won something? This is awesome. Funny thing is, I am at the bottom of the list...lol And I nominated myself in that post...lol.

Yes, congrats to all the other winners too. I am happy for you all too. Way to go all!

But I am also sad. For the ones who did not win :laughing: I am truly sorry. But I am sure there will be other chances out there. PM is coming your way with my address and what not........

Hehehe, that took longer than I expected :laughing: This is how I got the winners... I used a random # generator and checked if the post that won had a nominee. If it did both the poster and the person nominated in that post get a coin.

#79-Butterfly Lady

#135-Jordanda

#170-LadeBear

#140-Geo. Error

#76-Ms Snuffy

#51-Tschakko

#65-sparticus06

:laughing: WWhooottt I am a winnar, i am a lucky lucky lady :blink:

PRO_42058_NevlandBlij.jpg

Congrats to all other winners

<_< Ble68 thanks for the fun and great cointest and thanks for making a lot of coiners very happy :D

Hehehe, that took longer than I expected :laughing: This is how I got the winners... I used a random # generator and checked if the post that won had a nominee. If it did both the poster and the person nominated in that post get a coin.

#79-Butterfly Lady

#135-Jordanda

#170-LadeBear

#140-Geo. Error

#76-Ms Snuffy

#51-Tschakko

#65-sparticus06

WOOHOO....I know a team thaat'll really appreciate this...as do I!! CONGRATS to all the winners...and there were a LOT!! WOW! Well done my friend!!

email on it's way!!