Highland Geofairy Gold XLE Coin #1 of 25

Highland Geofairy

I am pleased to be able to tell you that my first Gold coin is up for auction on ebay. All of the proceeds from the sale of this coin will be donated to Macmillan Cancer Support.

To read more about the fantastic work that Macmillan do you can visit their website here.

To read about my friend who is raising sponsorship and to see where the funds will be paid visit Moira's justgiving page.

There are only 25 of these coins, it is trackable and has two unique icons, the coins are also sequentially numbered - the coin being auctioned is coin #001

Good luck bidding, and thank you for reading.

WOW...very nicely done HG!! Cancer has touched my life through friends and now even possibly with my family, it's a nasty thing. I'll have to watch this and see how it's going...and maybe scratch some money up!

Do you have a link to the sales?

Thanks Rockin Roddy. The linky thing for the sale is here.

I think there are few people that could say cancer has not touched their lives in some way. This charity provides an amazing array of support for both patients and their families and Macmillan nurses are able to provide palliative care in the home.

Way to go HGF! What a great idea. I lost my aunt last month to Cancer, what a devestating disease that affects EVERYONE. It was really hard to see her three teenage boys steel themselves against grief-they became men almost overnight.

I hope people bid generously and you raise a LOAD of money to donate.

A charity very close to my heart, my aunt is a macmillan nurse and as a student nurse this is an organisation i would love to work with.

The auction has gone a little above what a student can bid so i have noted the Just Giving address and will make a donation directly to Moira.

I wish her luck in Nepal.

Ljay

:lol: I'm a poor student so i can't afford $100 on a coin no matter the wonderful cause or how much i want it. :D

However i will give money via Just Giving and will get the warm fuzzy feeling that comes from doing something good :P:)

I'm hoping this coin will go for more than $100 ljay! I must commend you for your spirit of giving though...a student and still willing to donate money...THANK-YOU! I guess you've just made me feel guilty because I find myself wanting to bid again since SOMEONE took me out of the race!!

Well done ljay!!

Ooops, will need to scratch up MORE funds if I want to get back on top...

Edited by Rockin Roddy

:) I'm a poor student so i can't afford $100 on a coin no matter the wonderful cause or how much i want it. :)

However i will give money via Just Giving and will get the warm fuzzy feeling that comes from doing something good :lol::D

I'm hoping this coin will go for more than $100 ljay! I must commend you for your spirit of giving though...a student and still willing to donate money...THANK-YOU! I guess you've just made me feel guilty because I find myself wanting to bid again since SOMEONE took me out of the race!!

Well done ljay!!

It is now sitting at $91 and there is still 6 days to go so i am sure it will sell for much more than $100. :D

It is hard to get used to not having money when you return to studying after so long.

A year ago i would have bid and fought for this and would have had the money to do it. In fact a year ago i would probbly have put $100 in as my first bid. :D

We will watch closely and see what is needed to acquire one of the other 24 Gold Coins.

but then to be honest i have 3 Highland Geofairys in my collection at the moment :P

#28 of the original non trackable collection and 2 of the purple trackable ones. (One available for trade if anyone missed out)

Don't think i need any more fairy dust for my collection...

Ljay xox

:) I'm a poor student so i can't afford $100 on a coin no matter the wonderful cause or how much i want it. :D

However i will give money via Just Giving and will get the warm fuzzy feeling that comes from doing something good :lol::D

Well done ljay!!

It is now sitting at $91 and there is still 6 days to go so i am sure it will sell for much more than $100. :D

It is hard to get used to not having money when you return to studying after so long.

A year ago i would have bid and fought for this and would have had the money to do it. In fact a year ago i would probbly have put $100 in as my first bid. :D

We will watch closely and see what is needed to acquire one of the other 24 Gold Coins.

but then to be honest i have 3 Highland Geofairys in my collection at the moment :P

#28 of the original non trackable collection and 2 of the purple trackable ones. (One available for trade if anyone missed out)

Ljay xox

I can definitely understand the student part, PengoDaddy went back to school and now it's just myself working. But it will be worth it in the end...hang in there!! Congrats on having the non trackable #28, that's awesome!!!

Way to go Rod for starting off the bidding like you did!! That's very generous too. It is too steep for my pockets but it is definitely for a worthy cause.

Can't wait to see what happens to the other gold ones too. :)

but then to be honest i have 3 Highland Geofairys in my collection at the moment :lol:

Ljay xox

I would love to have one of these in any form. The auctions done for us have been a huge help , and wish I could help with this great cause. Sadlly things here are not very stable in the funds area.

Maybe trade a Dragon for a fairy.

e-mail sent

Come on everyone help a great program!!!!

Edited by T"n"T

Ljay xox

I would love to have one of these in any form. The auctions done for us have been a huge help , and wish I could help with this great cause. Sadlly things here are not very stable in the funds area.

e-mail sent

I would hate to squelch a trade that has been proposed - but I feel I have to butt in here, I have been very remiss - when submitting the coin we are not meant to talk about :lol: I had meant to arrange to send one to you Tracy - I actually have exactly one left - your choice - an original White non trackable or the Black on Gold version - tell me which and send me your address and it is as good as in the post.

Ljay xox

e-mail sent

I would hate to squelch a trade that has been proposed - but I feel I have to butt in here, I have been very remiss - when submitting the coin we are not meant to talk about :D I had meant to arrange to send one to you Tracy - I actually have exactly one left - your choice - an original White non trackable or the Black on Gold version - tell me which and send me your address and it is as good as in the post.

That is nice of you Highland Fairy, you should be getting a package in the mail by weeks end of the beginning of the following for the nice things that you do. Hope you enjoy it. :lol:

but then to be honest i have 3 Highland Geofairys in my collection at the moment :)

Ljay xox

e-mail sent

I would hate to squelch a trade that has been proposed - but I feel I have to butt in here, I have been very remiss - when submitting the coin we are not meant to talk about :lol: I had meant to arrange to send one to you Tracy - I actually have exactly one left - your choice - an original White non trackable or the Black on Gold version - tell me which and send me your address and it is as good as in the post.

Well i've been squelched :D but i suppose you have to forgive when it is coming from the fairy herself :)

Having had the honor of recieving one from the fairy i cannot deny someone else the honor.

And the Gold #1 coin has passed the $100 mark.

We'll keep watching :P

Ljay

but then to be honest i have 3 Highland Geofairys in my collection at the moment :)

Ljay xox

e-mail sent

Well i've been squelched :) but i suppose you have to forgive when it is coming from the fairy herself :D

Having had the honor of recieving one from the fairy i cannot deny someone else the honor.

Ljay

Sorry Ljay - I'm not too bright sometimes am I. Maybe rather than offering Tracy a choice, and having to make a decision over which coin, if I agree to send her both coins perhaps she will agree to send you a Dragon. Possibly squelched trade has been unsquelched :D

but then to be honest i have 3 Highland Geofairys in my collection at the moment :D

Ljay xox

e-mail sent

Well i've been squelched :D but i suppose you have to forgive when it is coming from the fairy herself :D

Ljay

Sorry Ljay - I'm not too bright sometimes am I. Maybe rather than offering Tracy a choice, and having to make a decision over which coin, if I agree to send her both coins perhaps she will agree to send you a Dragon. Possibly squelched trade has been unsquelched :D

WOW! That's so nice!! :):)

:) HGF don't worry about it. If another collector had jumped in i may have been upset but fairy's trading fairys makes much more sense... I am not in the least bit put out. :lol::D

So to everyone else, Ljay still has a Purple Fairy for trade if anyone else missed out :P

Ljay

:) HGF don't worry about it. If another collector had jumped in i may have been upset but fairy's trading fairys makes much more sense... I am not in the least bit put out. :lol::D

So to everyone else, Ljay still has a Purple Fairy for trade if anyone else missed out :P

Ljay

Thank you both for being so wonderful.

I will actully take you both up and offer a trade to you both.

I had as put in an e-mail wanted one for Tank's mom who is havign a really hard time with everything here, as she cannot help out and feels burdened on us as well. She loves fairies, so I would have given the one I asked for to her and still missed out. To have my own would be excellant and will send along something to you both. Sounds good to me.

The whole community helping each opther is what makes this group so special.

Everyone bid high on this fantasic coin so the helpfulness can be spread.

There are only 25 of these coins, it is trackable and has two unique icons, the coins are also sequentially numbered - the coin being auctioned is coin #001

Question: How does this coin have two unique icons? :D Does it have two tracking numbers? And when (if) you activate the coin what do they look like and how do they show up?

I wish I could afford to bid on this beautiful coin but it is out of my range. A donation, however, is very do-able! :huh:

CF30

Question: How does this coin have two unique icons? :) Does it have two tracking numbers? And when (if) you activate the coin what do they look like and how do they show up?

I wish I could afford to bid on this beautiful coin but it is out of my range. A donation, however, is very do-able! ;)

CF30

Icons come in two sizes 32x32 and 16x16. The larger Icons show in your trackables list, the smaller icons show in the 'My Inventory' list on the profile page. The icons do not have to be the same - so the large icon image for this coin is 814e87f4-7258-4970-9f59-b507fe9e5d2f.jpg and the teeny weeny one is f7777cf5-1b14-4f76-8cc5-08ac66165cd5.jpg

Question: How does this coin have two unique icons? :D Does it have two tracking numbers? And when (if) you activate the coin what do they look like and how do they show up?

I wish I could afford to bid on this beautiful coin but it is out of my range. A donation, however, is very do-able! :)

CF30

Icons come in two sizes 32x32 and 16x16. The larger Icons show in your trackables list, the smaller icons show in the 'My Inventory' list on the profile page. The icons do not have to be the same - so the large icon image for this coin is 814e87f4-7258-4970-9f59-b507fe9e5d2f.jpg and the teeny weeny one is f7777cf5-1b14-4f76-8cc5-08ac66165cd5.jpg

:D WOW, i never knew this. but then, I imagine that there are alot of things that I don't know. In fact, I Know there is ;)

I did not know one could do that! :) Thank you, HGF. Does it cost extra for two different icons or is it the same? I will definitely have to keep this in mind should I ever mint a new trackable coin... ;)

CF30

If I bid on this coin what proof will I recieve that the money goes to the agency you metion. The last time I did something like this the agency the money was supposed to go to said they never heard of geocoins or money being donated through the sales of such a coin.

That sucks Cav Scout-Did ya ever ask the seller of the coin for the auction???

I dont doubt your fairyfull goodness one tiny bit HGF, but he is right- I have wondered the same about the charity auctions.

Guess a reciept of kind gesture would be nice from the charities of which it is donated to, but what charities do that? :) Its not like you can take a pic of a healthy cancer free patient you helped, but that'd be nice! Unless its a personal charity such as Castlemans Breath of life (which was an absolute awesome charity fund raiser), guess theres really no way to know.

Great job HGF...That is really thoughtfull of you!!! :lol::D:lol:

I wish I could bid on the coin...Just another case of "If only I were rich!" Cause many others would share it to :)

If I bid on this coin what proof will I recieve that the money goes to the agency you metion. The last time I did something like this the agency the money was supposed to go to said they never heard of geocoins or money being donated through the sales of such a coin.

I cannot say in most cases, but in this one I can say that the money raised by same person, from the same type of coin sent to said person, that was raised for Tank and I was recieved and was very important in being able to bring him home with us and being forced to send him to state nursing home. Proof enough for me.

Keep it up guys it is a great cause for some people that really need it.

Thanks for asking the question Cav Scout, I will attempt to answer concisely. I wrote to Moira to ask if a nom de plume could be used when donating via the justgiving website, she assures me that I can make an entry giving the name Highland Geofairy, I can also add a comment in the comments section to say where the money has come from, i.e. the sale of the coin on ebay - or in fact any comment that the winning bidder wishes to make. Moira tells me that the donations are private, that is - she does not get contact details for anyone donating but the donor does get a thankyou email from the justgiving website. Of course when Moira recognises a name she can thank them personally, and likes to do so, but she tells me she has seen a donation from someone and she does not know who it is or how to contact them to thank them. I would be happy to forward the email I receive from justgiving on to anyone, winning bidder or just interested party, and I am sure that Moira will also be writing to the HGF and I would be happy to send that on also.

It is also a matter of honour and integrity, I like to do the right thing and would wish to be seen to be doing the right thing, unfortunately for that reason there will be no tax gain on the donation since I am retired on a small pension and a non UK tax payer.

Oh dear, that wasn't very concise after all, if you're still awake ! I plan to contribute the full amount on the basis of a conversion rate of $2 to the £ - so $100 = £50, I will cover the fees and I will send the coin by Airsure at my own expense.

If anyone has any further questions on this I am happy to try and answer them for you.

Anyone that, understandably, cannot compete with such high bids for this coin and wishes to make a donation via the link in the OP would be very much appreciated. For anyone doing so - if they include a reference to geocoins in the comments section and email me their address I will send them a coin from my collection. I guess though I should set a limit or I could end up without any coins - so if I check the justgiving link for Moira and I see you have made a donation and you send me your address (first ten only) I will send you a coin.

Anyone that, understandably, cannot compete with such high bids for this coin and wishes to make a donation via the link in the OP would be very much appreciated. For anyone doing so - if they include a reference to geocoins in the comments section and email me their address I will send them a coin from my collection. I guess though I should set a limit or I could end up without any coins - so if I check the justgiving link for Moira and I see you have made a donation and you send me your address (first ten only) I will send you a coin.

You continue to amaze me HG.....WOW!!!

*Bump*

Not looking for major donations here, just the average price of a coin would do, that would be around £3.50 and the justgiving site takes mastercard and visa :lol:

The link for donations is here.

Edited to add link.

*Bump*

Crowesfeat30 - Many thanks for your donation AND donating your coin for this cause, it is very much appreciated.

Come on folks - visit that link and make a small donation - there are coins for the next 7 that do. Maybe I will make a list of the coins, would that give you more encouragement? Watch this space.

OK - I have 'em picked out. On offer is

Hammer of Thor Gold

Masonic Ant Copp

Sun Coin in Black Nickel - cool shaped coin

Coexist Gold

Mermaid Swag Copper

eragonSaphira

Flying V Black Nickel/Red.

So if you make a donation via the link above - you will get one of these coins.

Crowesfeat30 - I have not chosen a coin for auction for your donation, I will send you details when I have and will get it listed once the current auction has finished.

OK - I have 'em picked out. On offer is

Hammer of Thor Gold

Masonic Ant Copp

Sun Coin in Black Nickel - cool shaped coin

Coexist Gold

Mermaid Swag Copper

eragonSaphira - thank you Ljay

Flying V Black Nickel/Red.

So if you make a donation via this link - you will get one of these coins.

Ljay has very kindly offered to put up one of her Geoscooters for auction also, look out for the listing coming to ebay soon.

£30 raised so far, plus the proceeds from the original auction which currently stands at $107.50 B)

Sorry i couldn't pass up the oppertunity of a coin on my seeking list. B)

Well done to Crowesfeat30 for his generous offer of his coin for auction. B)

The auction for an Ljay Geoscooter is Here

There were only 25 of these made for me and so far 2 have been traded and 1 gifted as part of a mission.

I don't expect it to fetch as much as a gold Geofairy :laughing: but all proceeds from the auction will go directly to Moria, i will meet shipping costs and fees.

I am also probably going to be late for work now so i will be back later.

Happy Bidding

Ljay

On offer is

Hammer of Thor Gold

Masonic Ant Copp

Sun Coin in Black Nickel - cool shaped coin - thank you lake_wannabees

Coexist Gold

Mermaid Swag Copper

Flying V Black Nickel/Red - thank you Crowesfeat30

Pirates of Harriman - thank you CLAMM

Trick or Treat - thank you Tooey

So if you make a donation via this link - you may choose one of the above coins.

CLAMM & Crowesfeat30 have kindly donated their coins for auction to raise more funds - thank you very much indeed, Moira is going to be thrilled. A fantastic contribution so far - I hope a few others might be tempted by the remaining coins.

By the way - the minimum donation on justgiving is £2 - roughly $4 - and would be a very welcome donation, I don't think you could buy any of the above coins for that price anywhere, in fact I don't quite understand why they haven't all gone by now so click that link, and don't worry if the last of the coins have gone by the time you donate - I would not see go without.

On offer is

Hammer of Thor Gold

Masonic Ant Copp

Coexist Gold

Mermaid Swag Copper

So if you make a donation via this link - you may choose one of the above coins.

CLAMM & Crowesfeat30 have kindly donated their coins for auction to raise more funds - thank you very much indeed, Moira is going to be thrilled. A fantastic contribution so far - I hope a few others might be tempted by the remaining coins.

By the way - the minimum donation on justgiving is £2 - roughly $4 - and would be a very welcome donation, I don't think you could buy any of the above coins for that price anywhere, in fact I don't quite understand why they haven't all gone by now so click that link, and don't worry if the last of the coins have gone by the time you donate - I would not see go without.

donation made.

On offer is

Hammer of Thor Gold

Masonic Ant Copp

Coexist Gold

Mermaid Swag Copper Thank you RSG

donation made.

THANK YOU