Easter cointest

Geo.Error

Everybody know we receive 2 mysterie coins , we've learned to pay forward. :rolleyes:

'

So we are going to give away 2 poffertjes event coin's in this Cointest.

poffertje_250_voor.jpg

easter-wallpaper-003-1024.jpg

Easter Cointest Easter cointest Easter cointest Easter cointest Easter cointest Easter cointest.

The magic word is Eastern, we want to see Easter photo's [lol] Easter poems or haiku Eastern riddles,

Easter story,s example what are you going to do with your family what do you

Cook, what is a family tradition so go on. Easter jokes and what else what

you think off. :laughing:

Rules:

There are 2 winners. 1 winners is random and 1 winner with the most post [must be different and

follow the rules]

Do not hack the forum

Please have respect for everybody and animals.

We close this cointest mondaynight .

Happy easter heppy easter happy easter happy easter happy easter happy easter happy easter

Edited by Geo.Error

Fun cointest.

I´ll try to add a picture. The sweetest easteregg.

http://img.geocaching.com/cache/log/6e9a27...0ae56504f3b.jpg

Let´s try, I have never uploaded a picture in a post before, this was as good as I could.

This almost came in my egg last year, but he came about a week before easter.

edit to change some words

Edited by grodan & fiabus

easter_big.gif

Eastern philosophy - Buddhist actually

Just as a mother would protect with her life her own son, her only son,

so one should cultivate an unbounded mind towards all beings, and loving-kindness towards all the world.

One should cultivate an unbounded mind, above and below and across, without obstruction, without enmity, without rivalry.

Standing, or going, or seated, or lying down, as long as one is free from drowsiness, one should practice this mindfulness.

This, they say, is the holy state here.

Sutta Nipata

We have an Easter traditional meal. The family gathers around my mother's table for ham with pineapple glaze, creamed red potatoes with peas, asparagus, fruit salad. For desert we have lemon angel pie and carrot cake. We give each other Easter baskets filled with chocolate goodies and jelly beans. We laugh, tell stories, drink some wine, and enjoy the pleasure of sharing time with family.

Easter has always been my favorite holiday. Not necessarily due to the religious connotations it is connected with (although the Christian story of redemption is beautiful IMO) but due to the signs of spring and nature's rebirth and reawakening that is happening all around us.

Here is my Easter joke:

Saving the Easter Bunny

A man was blissfully driving along the highway, when he saw the Easter Bunny hopping across the middle of the road. He swerved to avoid hitting the Bunny, but unfortunately the rabbit jumped in front of his car and was hit. The basket of eggs went flying all over the place.

The driver, being a sensitive man as well as an animal lover, pulled over to the side of the road, and got out to see what had become of the Bunny carrying the basket. Much to his dismay, the colorful Bunny was dead. The driver felt guilty and began to cry.

A woman driving down the same highway saw the man crying on the side of the road and pulled over. She stepped out of her car and asked the man what was wrong.

"I feel terrible," he explained, "I accidentally hit the Easter Bunny and killed it. There may not be an Easter because of me. What should I do?"

The woman told the man not to worry. She knew exactly what to do. She went to her car trunk, and pulled out a spray can. She walked over to the limp, dead Bunny, and sprayed the entire contents of the can onto the little furry animal.

Miraculously the Easter Bunny came to back life, jumped up, picked up the spilled eggs and candy, waved its paw at the two humans and hopped on down the road. 50 yards away the Easter Bunny stopped, turned around, waved and hopped on down the road another 50 yards, turned, waved, hopped another 50 yards and waved again!

The man was astonished. He said to the woman, "What in heaven's name is in your spray can? What was it that you sprayed on the Easter Bunny?" The woman turned the can around so that the man could read the label. It said: "Hair spray. Restores life to dead hair. Adds permanent wave." :laughing:

Peace and Happy Easter to you all, however you choose to observe it!

Today I am starting to put things in to the eggs. Saturday we will have an easter egg hunt for all the kids that come. Not all but quite a few have coins in them. Still have lots more to do. Sunday we will have a family day and easter dinner. The Easter Bunny will be coming to see my grandson Saturday night.

ffd1f00a-ca6e-4a65-8982-52c320d6b68a.jpg

In many parts of Germany it is a tradition to light a big Easter fire. In some places this is done on Easter morning, in the part where I live now we do it on the evening before Easter. These are really huge fires. We just do a little fire in the garden, and enjoy it with some saussages and potatoes in the fire :laughing:

This is a picture from 2006 showing me and my brother-in-law at our easter fire:

osterfeuer.jpg

Of coures we too paint eggs and hide and search them on Easter sunday :rolleyes:

Thanks for this cointest, and Happy Easter to you all! :unsure:

Nice cointest!!!! :laughing:

I can even post easter jokes??? Well, I hope nobody will be offended!

There is an old joke from Greece, that is not for Easter, but has to do with crucifixion of Jesus!

A bussinesman named Papadopoulos, wanted to advertise his bussines, and he went to an advertisers office! He was making nails, and the advertise was a difficult one! The guys there told him that there was no problem at all, and he was going to see what they had done, in about a week, in TV, right after the news!

The man left and waited for a week! One day, the office called him and said: your advertisment is ready and it will be in Tv this evening!!! We hope you will like it!

He was quite happy with that so he anxiously waited to see it!!!

Right after the news, he saw the advertisment! Two Roman soldiers and Jesus right next to the cross!

the first roman soldier says to the other: go get Papadopoulos nails for the crucifiction! They are the best!!!

Papadopoulos almost had a heart attack!!! My GOd!!! what they had done!!!!

He called at the advertisment office immediatelly to tell them that he didn't like it at all!!!

- what? You didn't like it? It was a great and quite unique advertisment!!! Why you didn't like it???

- Are you kiding me???? All now will say that I was the one who killed Jesus!!!!

- Ok, sir! We will make an other advertisment for you! You will not pay us for this one! wait until next week at the same day!

Papadopoulos left, and waited for a week! The day to see the new adv, came! right after the news he saw... Jesus on the cross! A zoom started closing on His hand, where the nail was! The nail had the inscription: "Papadopoulos nails"!

The man almost had a stroke once again!!! He phone to the adv again and he started insulting them!!!

- What are you doing???? Who made you destroy me???? I had a big damage with the other adv you made! Sales almost stopped!!!! Now??? What will happent now????? Fix that immediatelly!!!!!

- Ok, Ok, sir! Tomorrow you will have a new one!!!

- I do not want to see Jesus on the cross anymore!!!!!! Do your best or you will have to deal with my lower!!!!!

- Yes sir, yes!!!

Papadopoulos was furious! He collected all his strength just to see next day's advertisment! It was his last chance! He was about to close his bussines! He was ruined!!!

Once again, his adv, was right after the news!

He saw.....Jesus running in the fields and 2 Roman soldiers running after him! while the Roman soldiers were running, one saying to the other..."I told you, we had to put Papadopoulos nails! See now what has happened!!!"!!!!!

Poor Papadopoulos collapsed!!!!

I caught a magic bunny

In my magic bunny trap.

He had on a bunny jacket

And a little bunny cap.

He said, “If you turn me loose,

I’ll grant you a magic wish.”

I said, “I’m not much for bunny,

I’d much rather catch a fish.”

He gave me a magic pole

And I sent him on his way.

I sat down at his magic lake

And I fished the day away.

Well, I fished from noon to dark

Then I fished all through the night

Didn’t catch a single fish,

Didn’t even get a bite!”

I caught a magic bunny

In my magic bunny trap,

And he tried once more to trick me

‘Cause he took me for a sap.

He said, “If you’ll let me go

I’ll make you one big winner.”

Well, if you like good rabbit stew

Then you should come for dinner

By Wayne Edwards

dbd430a9-d17d-472a-a57c-2fac9b099099.jpg

Edited by dardevle

A very traditional way to celebrate the Holy Friday, in the Greek islands, is when you wake up in the morning, you drink a little bit of vinegar!!! That's a way to remind you , how Jesus felt when he had tasted vinegar while he was in the cross!! For the rest of the day, we do not cook, I mean we do not light fire to cook, also we do not use knives, hammers and we eat almost nothing!! Only vegetables that we do not cook or cut!! Of course nowdays, only very few people keep the tradition of the vinegar. Modern people forget the tradition!

Five Little Easter Eggs

Five little Easter eggs, lovely colors wore;

(hold up five fingers)

Mother ate the blue one, then there were four.

(bend down one finger)

Four little Easter eggs, two and two, you see;

Daddy ate the red one, then there were three.

(bend down next finger)

Three little Easter eggs, before I knew,

Sister ate the yellow one, then there were two.

(bend down next finger)

Two little Easter eggs; oh, what fun,

Brother ate the purple one, then there was one.

(bend down next finger)

One little Easter egg; see me run!

I ate the very last one, and then there were none.

(bend down last finger)

A very special way to colour your eggs for the Easter, is the way we do it in Dodekanese islands! We collect small flowers or leaves - roses leaves are the best! We also use old nylon stockings! Well, we take a leaf we dive it in a bowl of water, it must be wet, and we carefully place it in the egg! We cover the egg with a piece of the nylon stocking and we tied the stocking from the other side of the egg! Try not to damage the leaf! It must be placed firmly in the egg! After we finish the procedure with all our eggs, we put them in the pot with the colour! You can either boil the eggs while you colour them or they are already boiled before you decorate them! When the eggs are ready, leave them to cool and remove the stocking with the leaf or the flower! You will see that in the place you had put the leaf, it has the shape of the leaf! Every detail of the item you had put! The rest of the egg will be the colour you chose ! Mainly red!!! Do not worry about how it will look at the place you tied the stocking! When you remove the stocking, at the place of the knote a small spot like firework will appear!!!

Thanks to everybody who plays this easter cointest. :rolleyes:

I like every post, so keep going on. :D:laughing:

The rule post every 15 minutis can you ignore.

You never can be enthusiast when you must look on your clock.

Succes and thanks for playing our cointest :unsure:

Edited by Geo.Error

Hop and Stop

The first little rabbit went hop, hop, hop.

I said to the first rabbit, "Stop, stop, stop!"

The second little rabbit went run, run, run.

I said to the second rabbit, "Fun, fun, fun!"

The third little rabbit went thump, thump, thump.

I said to the third rabbit, "Jump, jump, jump!"

The fourth little rabbit went sniff, sniff, snuff.

I said to the fourth rabbit, "That is enough!"

The fifth little rabbit went creep, creep, creep.

I said to the fifth rabbit, "It's time to sleep

A man was blissfully driving along the highway, when he saw the Easter Bunny hopping across the middle of the road. He swerved to avoid hitting the Bunny, but unfortunately the rabbit jumped in front of his car and was hit. The basket of eggs went flying all over the place. Candy, too.

The driver, being a sensitive man as well as an animal lover, pulled over to the side of the road, and got out to see what had become of the Bunny carrying the basket. Much to his dismay, the colorful Bunny was dead.

The driver felt guilty and began to cry.

A woman driving down the same highway saw the man crying on the side of the road and pulled over. She stepped out of her car and asked the man what was wrong.

"I feel terrible," he explained. "I accidentally hit the Easter Bunny and killed it. There may not be an Easter because of me. What should I do? "

The woman told the man not to worry. She knew exactly what to do. She went to her car trunk, and pulled out a spray can. She walked over to the limp, dead Bunny, and sprayed the entire contents of the can onto the little furry animal.

Miraculously the Easter Bunny came to back life, jumped up, picked up the spilled eggs and candy, waved its paw at the two humans and hopped on down the road. 50 yards away the Easter Bunny stopped, turned around, waved and hopped on down the road another 50 yards, turned, waved, hopped another 50 yards and waved again!!!!

The man was astonished.

He said to the woman, "What in heaven's name is in your spray can? What was it that you sprayed on the Easter Bunny?"

The woman turned the can around so that the man could read the label.

It said: "Hair spray. Restores life to dead hair. Adds permanent wave."

The tradition of the Epitafios (the grave of Jesus) takes place in the evening of Holly Friday! We decorate the Epitafios with flowers, and in the evening we carry the grave around the neibourhood and the streets near the church! We hold candels and we follow the priests singing the traditional hymns of the day and the Holly Week!!! In some places, the Epitafios does not follow the normal route, in the streets of the city!! We take the Epitafios and put it inside the sea water! People including the priests, are getting inside the sea or stay at the beach and we make a special ceremony for the people we have and are traveling!!! You see in the Greek islands, most of the men work in the sea, so we need to have the blessing not only for us who stay at home, but also for our relatives who travel around the world!

In some other places, the Epitafios goes in the graveyard, and a small ceremony takes place in the church there. After that, the Epitafios goes around the graves and we sign hymns!

We walk behind the Epitafios with our candels because we show by this way, the road from Golgothas to the Grave Jesus body was taken!

Easter Zunday by Ingeborg Bachmann

Last Easter Jim put on his blue

Frock cwoat, the vu'st time-vier new;

Wi' yollow buttons all o' brass,

That glitter'd in the zun lik' glass;

An' pok'd 'ithin the button-hole

A tutty he'd a-begg'd or stole.

A span-new wes-co't, too, he wore,

Wi' yellow stripes all down avore;

An' tied his breeches' lags below

The knee, wi' ribbon in a bow;

An' drow'd his kitty-boots azide,

An' put his laggens on, an' tied

His shoes wi' strings two vingers wide,

Because 'twer Easter Zunday.

An' after mornen church wer out

He come back hwome, an' stroll'd about

All down the vields, an' drough the leane,

Wi' sister Kit an' cousin Jeane,

A-turnen proudly to their view

His yollow breast an' back o' blue.

The lambs did play, the grounds wer green,

The trees did bud, the zun did sheen;

The lark did zing below the sky,

An' roads wer all a-blown so dry,

As if the zummer wer begun;

An' he had sich a bit o' fun!

He meade the maidens squeal an' run,

Because 'twer Easter Zunday.

Rabbit Stew The song

Deep in the woods along a river that's fed

By an underground pool he thought was safe in his head

He was sleeping in hammock made of spider webs

Was taken by the poacher who had come to his bed

By the looks of things, he's starting to dream

Deep in the pot that's beginning to steam

"Smokey Down Rabbit" not a bad recipe

Was cooked by the crook who wouldn't serve up his knees

He wore a little blue jacket with a tasseled-up sleeve

That was left on the bench for all the world to see

By the sound of things, he's starting to scream

Lucky were his feet a foot away from the range

They’d be helping lucky people keep their distance from rain

He was catered to the guests dressed in gravy and bread

To fill all their bellies 'till the morning brought eggs

To fill all their bellies 'till the morning brought eggs

I said: He'd fill all their bellies 'till the morning brought eggs

Edited by dardevle

Rabbit Stew

2 cups buttermilk

1 rabbit

flour

salt and pepper

3 tablespoons butter

1 cup corn

2 large potatoes, cubed

1/4 teaspoon cayenne

1 large onion, diced

2 cups fresh tomatoes

Cut rabbit into pieces. Marinate in buttermilk for 2 hours; drain.

In a large bowl, mix flour, salt and pepper. Dredge rabbbit pieces in flour.

In a large Dutch oven, heat the butter over medium-high heat. Add the rabbit pieces and brown on each side. Add the corn, potatoes, cayenne and onions; fill with salted water until Dutch oven is 3/4 full., Cover and bring to a boill, then reduce heat and simmer for 11/2 to 2 hours. Add the tomatoes and continue to simmer another hour.

Serves 4

Little Bunny Foo Foo

Hoping down the forest,

Picking up the field mice and bop them on the head.

D

O

W

N

came the Good fairy and she said, " Little bunny Foo Foo, I don't want to see you, picking up the field mice and bop them on the head. . . . I give you only give you one more chance!

(You know the rest :unsure: )

All in all the moral of the story is "Hare today goon tomorrow" :laughing::rolleyes:

The last night of the Holly Week is the night of the Great Saturday! Half an hour before midnight we go to church! To a very dark church, where there is not even a candle! Not one light , because we are expecting expecting the Holly Light from Jerusalem!

The party starts at midnight!!!!! Everyone is out of the church to hear the "Happy News" that Christ has Risen from the Dead!!! Then we have so many fireworks and dynamite explositions that we really turn night into day!!!!! To tell you the truth all these are forbitten, but this is GREECE!!!!!! We use small amount of dynamite, so normally we avoid accidents! The brighter celebration takes place in Kalymnos, where big dynamites are thrown in the mountains or in the sea, in Chios and actually in an area called Vrontados, where they have the "war" of handmade rockets! Two neighbourhoods are "fight" to each other as a joke, and throw rockets! I am talking about thousand of rockets!!!! It is a spectacular sight!!! Unique in Greece!! This is a custom we keep from the Ottoman period! Imagine that neither Turks, who were afraid to go near these churches during Easter, nor the 2nd World War could stop this tradition!!!! The third place is in north Greece, i can remember the name of the area, where people throw "Halkounia" that's how they call handmade tubes with gunpowder inside, and they light fire in these tubes while they are holding them!!! This is extremely dangerous and unfortunately we have accidents every year!!!

Chocolate Rabbit

I got a chocolate rabbit

For an Easter treat,

A great big chocolate rabbit

Good enough to eat.

So I ate his ears on Sunday,

His nose I finished Monday.

Tuesday I nibbled on his feet.

I ate his tail on Wednesday

Thursday I kept on,

By Friday he was going,

Saturday he was gone.

Oh, I loved my chocolate rabbit

From the moment that he came,

And if I get another one,

I'll love him just the same.

By the way...a small historic info!

The vinegar with gall that was given to Jesus when He was on the Cross...actually is not bad!!!

Many women used to carry this with them! They had a sponge, they were dipping it on this, and they were giving it to the men on the crosses! This was an ancient painkiller!!!

If someone wanted water, and he was receiving water, he would die very very soon!!!

Meeting the Easter Bunny

On Easter morn at early dawn

before the cocks were crowing

I met a bob-tail bunnykin

and asked where he was going.

"Tis in the house and out the house

a-tispy, tipsy-toeing,

Tis round the house and 'bout the house

a-lighlty I am going."

"But what is that of every hue

you carry in your basket?"

"Tis eggs of gold and eggs of blue;

I wonder that you ask it.

"Tis chocolate eggs and bonbon eggs

and eggs of red and gray,

For every child in every house

on bonny Easter day."

He perked his ears and winked his eye

and twitched his little nose;

He shook his tail -- what tail he had --

and stood up on his toes.

"I must be gone before the sun;

the east is growing gray;

Tis almost time for bells to chime." --

So he hippety-hopped away.

Jellybeans Could Circle the Globe

Americans consume 16 billion jellybeans at Easter, many of them hidden in baskets. If all the Easter jellybeans were lined end to end, they would circle the globe nearly three times.

Jellybeans did not become an Easter tradition until the 1930s. They were probably first made in America by Boston candy maker William Schrafft, who ran advertisements urging people to send jellybeans to soldiers fighting in the Civil War.

70% of kids aged 6–11 say they prefer to eat Easter jellybeans one at a time, while 23% report eating several at once. Boys (29%) were more apt to eat a handful than girls (18%).

Children indicate their favorite Easter jellybean flavors are cherry (20%), strawberry (12%), grape (10%), lime (7%), and blueberry (6%).

:unsure::laughing::rolleyes:

Millions of Peeps

Each Easter season, Americans buy more than 700 million Marshmallow Peeps, shaped like chicks, as well as Marshmallow Bunnies and Marshmallow Eggs, making them the most popular non-chocolate Easter candy.

As many as 4.2 million Marshmallow Peeps, bunnies, and other shapes can be made each day.

In 1953, it took 27 hours to create a Marshmallow Peep. Today it takes six minutes.

Yellow Peeps are the most popular, followed by pink, lavender, blue, and white.

I really do not care for them. WAYYYYYY to much sugar! :laughing:

Easter traditions

In medieval times a festival of egg throwing was held in church, during which the priest would throw a hard-boiled egg to one of the choirboys. It was then tossed from one choirboy to the next and whoever held the egg when the clock struck 12 was the winner and retained the egg.

The first Easter baskets were made to look like bird's nests.

Easter Bonnets are a throw back to the days when the people denied themselves the pleasure of wearing finery for the duration of Lent.

The traditional act of painting eggs is called Pysanka.

To Egyptians, the egg was a sacred token of the renovation of mankind after the Flood.

The egg has always been a symbol of the Resurrection to Christians.

The date of Passover is variable as it is dependent on the phases of the moon, and thus Easter is also a movable feast.

The custom of giving eggs at Easter time has been traced back to Egyptians, Persians, Gauls, Greeks and Romans, to whom the egg was a symbol of life.

Every year at Easter Pope John Paul sends his " Urbi et Orbi " to the world.

Easter is now celebrated (in the words of the Book of Common Prayer) on the first Sunday after the full moon which happens on or after March 21, the Spring Equinox.

Some Churches still keep up the old tradition of using evergreens - symbolic of eternal life - embroidered in red on white, or woven in straw, but most now prefer displays of flowers in the spring colours of green, yellow and white.

In the United States Easter is celebrated with a large Easter Egg Hunt by children on the White House Lawn.

To the Jews, the egg marked the time of their departure from the land of Egypt.

By tradition, it was obligatory (or at least lucky) for churchgoers to wear some bright new piece of clothing - at least an Easter bonnet, if not a complete new outfit.

EASTER TRIVIA

Fun Facts about Easter

DID YOU KNOW...?

More than 1 billion Easter eggs are hunted in the United States each year in parks, back yards and on the White House lawn.

Americans spend 2 billion dollars on Easter candy, and eat 7.1 billion pounds of Easter candy each year!

Most children (74%) eat the ears of their chocolate bunny first. 13% eat the feet first, and 10% eat the tails first.

60 million chocolate bunnies are sold each Easter.

The most popular Easter candy is chocolate eggs.

The most popular Easter candy, after chocolate, is marshmallow peeps. 600 million are sold each year!

The most favorite jellybean flavor is cherry (20%), followed by strawberry (12%), grape (10%), lime (7%), and blueberry (6%).

70% of kids aged 6–11 say they prefer to eat Easter jellybeans one at a time, while 23% say they eat several at once. More boys (29%) eat a handful than girls (18%).

118 million Easter cards will be exchanged this year.

Easter eggs are the most popular symbol on Hallmark Easter cards.

The Guinness Book of Records holder for the largest Easter egg ever made is the Belgian chocolate producer Guylian who made the chocolate egg with at least 50.000 bars on behalf of the city of St. Niklaas. The egg measured 8.32 metres high . Twenty-six craftsman worked altogether 525 hours to build the egg. They needed 1950 kg of chocolates.

Do you think they ate it afterwards? :laughing:

Deviled Eggs Recipe:

Deviled eggs. Easter egg hunts and summer picnic potlucks. I have been known to devour a dozen of these in one sitting. These were quick and easy. If you want them to be a little prettier, put the egg filling into a freezer bag, make a cut off of one corner of the bag, and pipe them into the egg white halves.

What follows is a basic recipe, though there are so many wonderful variations you can make. See the comments for some great ideas submitted by Simply Recipes readers. Do you have a favorite deviled egg recipe? If so, please add yours in the comments.

1 dozen eggs

2 teaspoons dijon mustard

1/3 cup mayonnaise

1 Tbsp minced onion or shallot

1/4 teaspoon tabasco

Salt and pepper

Paprika

How to boil a egg! :laughing:

Place the raw, uncracked eggs in a pot. Fill the pot with enough cold tap water to completely cover eggs with about 1 inch of water over them. Add plenty of salt to make the egg easy to peel later.

Bring to a rolling boil on high heat. Once the water is brought to a good boil, promptly cover the pot and turn off the heat {the retained heat in the water and pot will continue to gently cook the eggs without overcooking them and discoloring the yolks}.

For hard-boiled, leave the eggs in the water for 15 minutes; for soft-boiled, leave them in no longer than 10 minutes.

Remove from heat and immediately chill the eggs by placing them under cold running water or in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process. Chill for a few minutes until the egg is completely cooled.

To peel, crack the shell around the entire egg and remove.

ENJOY!!