htf coins

Geo.Error

Hello everybody :unsure:

I want to know which coin is a htf coin. :(

For the first time in my life i am going to trade and i do not want making a fool of me, when i want to trade for this coins.

I've already do'ne that with Anthus firefighter. <_<

So please help me and give me the names of those coins. :unsure:

Thanks. :unsure:

For the first time in my life i am going to trade and i do not want making a fool of me, when i want to trade for this coins.

So please help me and give me the names of those coins. :blink:

HTF depends on who you ask :unsure:

Don't worry about asking people for trades, either you'll get a "yes" or a "no" (hopefully they will be polite about it) but, there's no harm in asking :blink:

So please help me and give me the names of those coins. :blink:

HTF depends on who you ask :unsure:

Don't worry about asking people for trades, either you'll get a "yes" or a "no" (hopefully they will be polite about it) but, there's no harm in asking :blink:

I am a little bit unsure to trade because i never did it and i won't want to insult people.

We were all new once - and I think the rule of thumb is, it never hurts to ask!

I'm never 'offended' over trade offers, in fact, I'd say 99% of the time, I trade when asked. I do NOT do 2 for 1 trades tho - unless its micros, etc.

But for a normal coin - I trade 1 for 1 - even with AE's or harder to find coins.

I think MOST coiners are pretty nice folks - and if you are hesitant, just say "I'm new, and I wanted to offer a trade, but please let me know if you consider this fair"

If ever asking us for a trade - just ask. :(

~P

I took advice from a coiner before this is what they told me....go here http://www.geocoincollection.com/cointrade/default.asp

type in the name of the coin you have/looking for....you will see who has it, whos seeking it, and whos trading click on whos seeking it if there are 10 or more people looking for the coin it "might" be considered a HTF coin...if you see a list as long as your arm consider it HTF lol

hope that helps you some <_<

gl with your trade :(

TWP

I took advice from a coiner before this is what they told me....go here http://www.geocoincollection.com/cointrade/default.asp

type in the name of the coin you have/looking for....you will see who has it, whos seeking it, and whos trading click on whos seeking it if there are 10 or more people looking for the coin it "might" be considered a HTF coin...if you see a list as long as your arm consider it HTF lol

hope that helps you some :unsure:

gl with your trade :(

TWP

Thanks, that is a good tip. <_<

hope that helps you some :(

gl with your trade <_<

TWP

Thanks, that is a good tip. :unsure:

You Welcome :unsure:

We were all new once - and I think the rule of thumb is, it never hurts to ask!

I'm never 'offended' over trade offers, in fact, I'd say 99% of the time, I trade when asked. I do NOT do 2 for 1 trades tho - unless its micros, etc.

But for a normal coin - I trade 1 for 1 - even with AE's or harder to find coins.

I think MOST coiners are pretty nice folks - and if you are hesitant, just say "I'm new, and I wanted to offer a trade, but please let me know if you consider this fair"

If ever asking us for a trade - just ask. :(

~P

I had someone recently offer me 2 coins for 1 of mine, and even though the one they were after was possibly categorized as HTF, I couldn't in all honestly take two of their coins for this one of mine, so I offered to send them a second coin also.

After watching coins on eBay I have to say that as a newbie it would certainly be helpful to find someplace that listed coins that included the number of coins minted, the different finishes that were made, the year of the minting, and the name of the designer.

I see these listings on eBay that are "HTF" or "Rare!" and I have to wonder if that is really true.

After watching coins on eBay I have to say that as a newbie it would certainly be helpful to find someplace that listed coins that included the number of coins minted, the different finishes that were made, the year of the minting, and the name of the designer.

I see these listings on eBay that are "HTF" or "Rare!" and I have to wonder if that is really true.

Coins listed on eBay as HTF or Rare may not be so. Do a search for the specific coin and see how many listings there are and also how many have already been sold recently. If there are many more up for sale, the coin's probably not HTF or rare. But then again, HTF and/or Rare are just someone's opinions.

I don't know if any of these site will be of help but here they are

Canadian geocoins

Geocoin Designs

For this one click on the coin icon and another page will come up with info

Geocoin info

I have a somewhat similar question... are the GCC coin a month coins sought after? I have a 2006 May and June, but haven't seen anyone with them on their seeking lists.

On a somewhat related topic... are there any coin listing sites that are free?

Those who collect tend to sign up for these.

Of the coins, a couple of the 2005 ones are HTF - First finders Dance / August 2005 ;

Red Selective Availablity / Sept 2005.

These are the first two (other than subscriber coin) of the series.

On another note, thanks to one cacher, who has offered to get a HTF coin on my list down to New Zealand. It will be lovely to see one in the metal, so to speak.

St Paddy's day over here - tootle off to bed time. Hope it was a good one for all. :mad::unsure:<_<:mad::mad::unsure:<_<:unsure::blink::blink:

I've asked this question alot also...being new to the art of trading I didn't want to offend anyone by wanting a really nice coin they had and offering a run of the mill coin I had. I have learned to just ask. The most anyone can say is no...the worst they'll send you a nasty email in return or no email at all. (i've had both happen). Most everyone is nice and willing to offer some advice. (I questioned Avroair to death when I made my very first trade with him. THANK YOU just didn't see to be enough of a thanks because he was so helpful and always willing to offer advice!)

I've learned that ebay is the devil and every once in a great while if you see it on ebay, you can most likely work out a trade here in the forums and save yourself $30+ bucks! lol Also, HTF, RARE, etc, are labels people will put on a geocoin in order to sale for higher bids on ebay...so watch out! (Learned that one the hard way too)

The older coins seem to be rare/htf because they are older and not for sale anymore. Alot of the newer coins are HTF because they sold out in a seconds time and/or the design was really something unique.

Keep an eye on the trading forum, you'll pick up on some of the harder to find coins by what people say in their post. But by all means, it never hurts to just ask.

zactly! http://untrackablegeocoins.wetpaint.com and http://www.trackablecoins.com

Another way to surmise if a person things highly of a coin is when they say 'special trades only' on the coin listing sites.

It also depends how you collect, for me, I keep the coin I think looks nicest, regardless of if it's a special edition, artist edition, palladium edition, limited edition, XLE...

HTF for me, are the ones that have high demand over time (not the flash in the pan, gotta have it, until the next coin comes out. :) )

hope that helps you some B)

gl with your trade B)

TWP

Very helpful information in this thread for new collectors/aspiring traders, like myself. :)

Do most geocoin traders sign up on Geocoincollection.com?

Thanks

A couple here HTF in NZ...

Geocoin club FTFers dance.

Looney Penguin

Phone a friend

World Traveller, night version.

2007 Easter Egg Navigation.

Earth Turtle.

2007 Landsharkz Christmas globe.

Sir cache - any version

Spinning top coins - any version.

Just a few of many.

My thanks go to geoks who spotted that Sir Cache had not been seen down here in NZ.

A trade has occurred and two of these arrived today, along with a glow Morpho.

Thanks again. :laughing: