Piratemania 2008

PopUpPirate

I'll find out on the campers, but it is indeed a No Caravan site. However - there is a reason why!

Looking around there are few sites in the area which are big enough for our entourage. At the time of planning Piratemania, the Mega Event date was some other time, and most lodgers would have therefore been travelling home straight after Piratemania.

Plus I wanted to do something a bit different! :D

The site has a load of tent pitches, and also it has loads of nice warm lodging in stone cabins, with oil heaters, and the whole set up is dirt cheap. Caravanners could leave the caravan at home, and pitch in the lodgings. :D That was the plan anyway.

The owners of the place are fab, it's in a stunning location, it's so cheap it's almost free!

Now... just up the road about 5 minutes away is Laneside Caravan Park. They don't do rallies, but it is intended to be an overflow site should we get over 124 overnighters. Those at Laneside (or indeed any other site in the area, providing I know where you are!) will get all the new cache listings beamed to them magically, and will also be able to sign the event log book and claim attendance. :D

Aint it a pain when you put a big reply and it's the last post on a page :D

Just plotting the All Weather Stay-In-Your-Tents pub quiz :D

It's been submitted, as of a few days back, but there's a few technicalities I have to iron out.

In the meantime, check out the Piratemania Shop which should hopefully go a little way towards paying for the costs. You always stand to lose when hosting an event but never mind!

That's quite a clever, astute and good idea. I'll certainly get something, especially as the ol' pound/dollar ratio is jolly good. I feel sorry for the people of Hope, Derbyshire, when 100 or more people descend all wearing Piratemania tops. They'll all be wondering what they're missing out on!

Does this mean that Piratemania is going to become a PuP brand? Does it need to be, ooo, trademarked? And if so (speculation abound) to keep the business wheels spinning :wub: is it going to become annual, bi-annual? Tri-annual? :ph34r:

Next thing you'll know, you'll have Lego licensing off you, and you'll have Piratemania lego themed kits! :anibad:

It's been submitted, as of a few days back, but there's a few technicalities I have to iron out.

In the meantime, check out the Piratemania Shop which should hopefully go a little way towards paying for the costs. You always stand to lose when hosting an event but never mind!

That's quite a clever, astute and good idea. I'll certainly get something, especially as the ol' pound/dollar ratio is jolly good. I feel sorry for the people of Hope, Derbyshire, when 100 or more people descend all wearing Piratemania tops. They'll all be wondering what they're missing out on!

Does this mean that Piratemania is going to become a PuP brand? Does it need to be, ooo, trademarked? And if so (speculation abound) to keep the business wheels spinning :ph34r: is it going to become annual, bi-annual? Tri-annual? :anibad:

Next thing you'll know, you'll have Lego licensing off you, and you'll have Piratemania lego themed kits! :wub:

I'll take a lego set!!! ;)

Thanks - Photoshop even creates the HTML for lazy oiks like me B)B)

If you post an ATTEND on the log page I shall deal with the rest... don't worry if you have already contacted site, however there is no necessity to do so. We are booked in as the "INTERNET BASED TREASURE HUNT" which saves lots of explaining :laughing::laughing:

We are booked in as the "INTERNET BASED TREASURE HUNT" which saves lots of explaining :):)

Wish i'd known that yesterday! When I called I said I was part of the Geocaching event:

"The what"

'Geocaching.'

"Right...."

'The Piratemania Event!'

"Oh right, wheres that happening?"

'Urm, there, Pindale Farm'

"Really? Whos running that?"

'Urm, .... ur....Popuppirate....' (your name failed me!)

'Hmmm....'

'On the 25th, 26th & 27th July..'

"The treasure hunt?"

'Yes!! Thats the one'

"The internet, technical, treasure hunt"

'Yup! Its called Geocaching"

"Right, so you want to book in do you?"

And so it went on..... Very helpful she was, particularly in term of clarifying the trailer tent position. They say no caravans as the approach lane is quite thin but she did say that the bin lorry can manage it, albeit slowly in places. So if you are happy to tow your trailer tent down that then there you go.

We've got about 80 stopping over at present, keep them logs rolling in, there's space for 60 "average" size tents, its filling up fast :)

I'm not coming along and hadn't looked at the event page until just now. I just wanted to say how bloomin' awesome the cache page looks. Brilliant work!

I hope it all goes well.... arrrrrrrrrr

Stuey

Good luck to all taking part, saldy we'll be on hol's...:D

Have just spent a week in Hope and can reccomend the pizza place if you dont fancy cooking!!

If you are looking for somewhere to park a tin tent I'd give lane side caravan park a miss.... spent a week there, the facilities are poor at best!

Cache page looks great.... I'm not jealous at all... much, We'll be huntin all over the north east!

The T-H's

Edited by The T-H's

It's sorted - log your attends on the cache listing and all will fall into place. Spoke to em last week and they're looking forward to greeting us. They're well friendly. Just need a bit more confirmation on the bunks, I shall be reccying! But tent-wise, we have the entire site to ourselves, 60 pitches! ;)

Ace to meet th'elphs again and all the old and new cache peeps B)

Edited by PopUpPirate

It's sorted - log your attends on the cache listing and all will fall into place. Spoke to em last week and they're looking forward to greeting us. They're well friendly. Just need a bit more confirmation on the bunks, I shall be reccying! But tent-wise, we have the entire site to ourselves, 60 pitches! :D

Ace to meet th'elphs again and all the old and new cache peeps :D

Just out of interest.. How many pitches are left?

We want to make it down if only for a night..

Wey hey - definately coming to this event - so looking forward to it - girls are also excited, should be a great adventure for us all.

Thinking about coming for an extra night or two! Will keep you posted.

Thanks for all your hard work sorting this event out.

Laughalot :ph34r:

OK FOLKS!!!

*** Camping at Pindale Farm is now BOOKED UP! ***

*** Bunkhouses are still available ***

*** Camping / caravanning available nearby ***

We've taken over the full site... and we've filled it, with WELL over 100 cachers attending!

Bunkhouses are still available - you will need to be able to accommodate 8-10 people in your party (or pay the excess). The per person rates for bunking is still cheaper than the equivalent rate for many sites to camp, though!

Laneside is only a stroll away, and you can still do all the new caches and join the day event, I'll nip over with listings etc. Book direct with site if you are at Laneside, though. They don't do rallies or group bookings.

http://www.lanesidecaravanpark.co.uk/

*** DAY EVENT ***

We'll be at the TRAVELLERS REST from 1pm. You can't miss it, it's on the main road through Hope, the biggest pub in the area, and they're expecting TONS of cachers!

The menu is being updated at present - I've seen it, but it was the only copy, and my phone had died so I couldn't photo it either! Suffice to say - any online menus for this pub (and I've seen at least one) are incorrect.

This is trad pub fare, with steaks, chicken, childrens meals, sandwiches, lamb dishes, jacket spuds, at normal rates, ie £5 to £10 or thereabouts.

Proper hand pulled ales, nice big pub, the only pub big enough that's near to camp

*** Email me with any questions, I'll happily forward my mobile number if anyone wants to ring ***