200th find

IANNA

Just a little braggin on our end. We made our 200th find today and want to share with the world. I wsih i brought a camera with us this time becuase we broke down and did a happy dance in the middle of a cemetary. Glad it is a no longer used one or we maybe have gonna some intresting reactions for people mourning.

Congrats! :laughing:

Just a little braggin on our end. We made our 200th find today and want to share with the world. I wsih i brought a camera with us this time becuase we broke down and did a happy dance in the middle of a cemetary. Glad it is a no longer used one or we maybe have gonna some intresting reactions for people mourning.
A no longer used cemetery? Did they dig everyone up? :(

:laughing:

Congrats on your 200th cache find . . . it sounds like it was fun for you - that is GREAT!

Talking to a friend, who was one of the first in the area back when the game began, finding 100 usually took a year or longer and you had to drive hundreds of miles to get them (gas was cheaper, then). Isn't it great to have so many caches, such great variety and such super people in the game now - including you, of course?

Congrats on 200!

Advice. Once you exhaust your immediate area, start moving further and further afield. That's when geocaching really pays off, recreation-wise.

I agree with WalruZ. I have found all caches within about 10 miles of my place and I love going to a nearby city on my dayoff to cache and enjoy experiencing a new area that I would never have gone to otherwise.

Congrats on 200!

Advice. Once you exhaust your immediate area, start moving further and further afield. That's when geocaching really pays off, recreation-wise.

I agree with WalruZ. I have found all caches within about 10 miles of my place and I love going to a nearby city on my dayoff to cache and enjoy experiencing a new area that I would never have gone to otherwise.

I still have a handful of caches to find within a 10 mile radius. One is a virtual that I have been within 10' of in my kayak but didn't have my camera (the logging requirement). Another was just posted while I was out of the country. On the other hand, I just logged two caches in Africa (one in South Africa, the other in Zambia). Both are over 7600 miles from home. I'm sitting on 229, but have found caches in six different states, five different countries, and three different continents.

I've tried to pick "meaningful" caches for milestones. For my 200th, it was the last cache place (#100) by a local cacher that just left the area. For 150 it was a cache that had a multi level puzzle and was on an island. I got a FTF on that one and had the only find for almost a month. Number 100 was a very popular local cache that is on my locals "Favorite caches" list. I can't remember what #50 was but I adopted the first cache I ever found.

Congrats on 200!

This is such sage advice! I have found this to be so true, that when I moved to a new location, I have done as many outside a 20 mile radius as those within it. I am not racking up the numbers, but I certainly am enjoying myself!