1 month suspension

swannerbunch

Hi,

This is ReadyOrNot posting from my wife's account. Can someone please explain to me how it is that a person gets suspended for a month without a warning, email or PM explaining why?

I apparently made the mistake of having an opinion on lame cache's that upset someone's day, but it would be helpful to actual know a real reason why someone threw a month suspension at me... Whoever did this really topped themselves this time...

Come out of the shadows and tell me who you were and why you did it?

That thread was much calmer than others of that ilk. I would be interested to know the answer to your question also. From what I have read in the Forums, it seems people usually get a warning, then a shorter suspension.

Thirty days, without warning, certainly seems excessive to me . . .

That thread was much calmer than others of that ilk. I would be interested to know the answer to your question also. From what I have read in the Forums, it seems people usually get a warning, then a shorter suspension.

Thirty days, without warning, certainly seems excessive to me . . .

And they usually at least tell you that they did it. I don't even know who did it.

Apparently, my saying that someone who thinks a magnet attached to a garbage can is a scenic location should get counseling was over the top...

Never mind the people who accused me of disliking disabled people.

Never mind the personal attacks against me.

This is nothing more than a personal vendetta regarding a suspension I received almost a year ago for an email I sent a moderator.

I request that you unsuspend my account. I am not going to sit idly by this time and do nothing while you guys carry on this personal vendetta against me, for doing nothing more than posting about a topic that I care very deeply about and wish would be addressed.

You have a choice to make, one choice is to ignore this posting. Another choice is to continue the vendetta and push this even further.. But there are always consequences for our actions.

WOW....what are the rules for suspension from gc.com? I personally know that a cacher replaced a temporarily archived cache that was not his (and without the owner's knowledge and approval) ...moved it to his idea of a better spot and changed the clue and then send harassing and threatening emails to 2 members who complained on a log that he shouldn't do that. NOTHING was done to his account because he is still able to log on.

WOW....what are the rules for suspension from gc.com? I personally know that a cacher replaced a temporarily archived cache that was not his (and without the owner's knowledge and approval) ...moved it to his idea of a better spot and changed the clue and then send harassing and threatening emails to 2 members who complained on a log that he shouldn't do that. NOTHING was done to his account because he is still able to log on.

The suspension was likely from the forums only.

I request that you unsuspend my account.

Can you suspend this sock puppet account as well?

This is my wife's account. Yeah, I created a sock-puppet account with my last name in it... OH KEE DOKEE! Neither is a sock-puppet account... Can this guy get a 1 month suspension also? I feel insulted.

Edited by swannerbunch

I dunno - I saw at least 1 warning from a mod............shouldn't have been a big surprise.

Good, then you can tell me what I did to get a 1 month suspension?

Well there is this quote from keystone.........

First and final warning: Between potty language and advocating the removal of caches owned by others, the OP is going to need to dial it back a notch or two in order to keep posting in his own thread. There are constructive ways to express an opinion on this subject, and there are plenty of examples of that posted by others. A thread can stay open even if its OP cannot post to it.

I dunno - I saw at least 1 warning from a mod............shouldn't have been a big surprise.

First and final warning: Between potty language and advocating the removal of caches owned by others, the OP is going to need to dial it back a notch or two in order to keep posting in his own thread. There are constructive ways to express an opinion on this subject, and there are plenty of examples of that posted by others. A thread can stay open even if its OP cannot post to it.

Shortly after that warning I clarified that I did not advocate cache removal and that I was just trying to make a point.. I did exactly what he asked..

There is much more to this suspension than anything that happened in the forums the last couple of days. This is a personal vendetta from Michael @ Groundspeak.

I thought sockpuppet accounts were againt the "rules' or 'gudelines' or whatever happy term you use around here to make the bad man go away.

edit to add the guidelines. I found the relevent text HERE. which are the forum 'guidelines.' They state:

"Sock Puppet accounts will not be allowed. A sock puppet is an account made on an internet message board by a person who already has an account for the purpose of posting anonymously. Use your own account for posting personal opinions. Posts from known sock puppet accounts will be deleted and both the puppet and actual account may be banned from using the services of Groundspeak."

saving you the jump, and answering the question at the same time. seems pretty straight forward to me.

Why does my post say ringbone... B)

Edited by Jhwk

Looks pretty self-explanatory. I've been reading these forums for a couple years now and I've noticed that Keystone seems to be pretty rational about these things. When he says something like the above I would take it seriously. If not, I would expect him to follow through. From the tenor of his warning I get the feeling he was not pleased with the way things were going. He's the mod. When he speaks, pay attention.

Shortly after that warning I clarified that I did not advocate cache removal and that I was just trying to make a point.. I did exactly what he asked..

There is much more to this suspension than anything that happened in the forums the last couple of days. This is a personal vendetta from Michael @ Groundspeak.

Doubt its personal by Michael he is the one who steps in to do this sort of thing so that all angst about banninations is directed at him and him only.

Apparently, my saying that someone who thinks a magnet attached to a garbage can is a scenic location should get counseling was over the top...

I believe you said dumpster, not garbage can. B) Yes, I thought that one was over the top, and I'm on "your side" so to speak. But there's also a post by Michael from Groundspeak, which I believe accuses you of being a sock puppet? I seem to be the only one who noticed, and replied to it. I doubt he means the sock puppet of a zero find account, swannerbunch, but another account?

Oh, IBTL. B)

[EDIT] I guess Jhwk noticed it too.

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel

I thought sockpuppet accounts were againt the "rules' or 'gudelines' or whatever happy term you use around here to make the bad man go away.

edit to add the guidelines. I found the relevent text HERE. which are the forum 'guidelines.' They state:

"Sock Puppet accounts will not be allowed. A sock puppet is an account made on an internet message board by a person who already has an account for the purpose of posting anonymously. Use your own account for posting personal opinions. Posts from known sock puppet accounts will be deleted and both the puppet and actual account may be banned from using the services of Groundspeak."

saving you the jump, and answering the question at the same time. seems pretty straight forward to me.

Neither of these accounts are sockpuppet accounts. this account is my wife's with my LAST NAME in the account name that she hardly ever uses.. The other account "ReadyOrNot" is the account I use for everything.. do you know what a sockpuppet is?

MICHAEL KNOWS THAT THIS ACCOUNT IS NOT A SOCK PUPPET ACCOUNT, AS WE HAVE BEEN THROUGH THIS BEFORE.

Edited by swannerbunch
You have a choice to make, one choice is to ignore this posting. Another choice is to continue the vendetta and push this even further.. But there are always consequences for our actions.

So you've chosen to go with the "Threaten the powers that be" approach in order to get what you want?

Not the choice I would have suggested to you, but good luck with it. Let me know how that works out for you.

Different forums moderate differently. I wont elaborate but ive been suspended from the forums a couple times due to what moderators considered to be personal attacks that were in my opinion, harmless jokes or sarcasm. I may not agree with how some moderate here but i just move on, as perhaps you should?

Neither of these accounts are sockpuppet accounts. this account is my wife's with my LAST NAME in the account name that she hardly ever uses.. The other account "ReadyOrNot" is the account I use for everything.. do you know what a sockpuppet is?

MICHAEL KNOWS THAT THIS ACCOUNT IS NOT A SOCK PUPPET ACCOUNT, AS WE HAVE BEEN THROUGH THIS BEFORE.

See, the thing is, you have been banned from the forums. If you post with your wife's account, then that account will also be disabled. While she can post, you cannot use your family's accounts to continue posting after you have your posting rights disabled.

Closing this topic.