My 1st GEOCOINTEST

steel city babes

Okay this is my first geocointest.

Where did I come up with the flavor name...Hurricane? What was my inspiration?

DSC02677_edited.jpg

Okay one guess per cacher/geonick every 10 minutes!

Winner will receive the obvious...1 very nice Version 2 Steel City Babes Geojelly - Hurricane flavor.

NO HINTS AT THIS TIME!!!

IF I post a hint you may immediately guess again even if it hasn't been your allotted 10 minutes.

Steel City Babes!!! :D

Alright: The idea behind these hurricane drinks is that they are red in color, quite potent and will get you drunk in a hard beat, once you get into the fresh air out of Pat O'Briens, and hence make you feel as if the world spins around you. (How about that as an explanation?)

Served in a Pat O'Brien's logo glass and garnished with an orange slice and a cherry, the fruity red concoction was created during World War II when liquor such as whiskey was in low supply. In order to purchase just one case of these liquors, liquor salesmen forced bar owners to purchase as much as 50 cases of rum, which was plentiful. In an effort to use the abundance of rum that Pat O'Brien's acquired, the recipe for the Hurricane evolved with the help of an eager liquor salesman. The name came soon after when a glass shaped like a hurricane lamp was used to serve the fruity rum cocktail.

The Pat O'Brien's Hurricane glass is one of the most sought-after souvenirs in New Orleans. Many New Orleanians have one or more in their possession, and as for what they do with those glasses once they get home, one Pat O'Brien's patron pointed out, "A Pat O's Hurricane glass can hold exactly $10.00 in pennies."

There were three storms named after the three scb's and you three were discussing this one night over drinking hurricanes at a bar and admiring the color of the drink in an alcohol induced haze :D

LMAO it could have happened... :D:lol:

Hey, I tried, lol!

I wouldn't be offended for a consolation prize if you felt so inclined...especially since we can't get jelly belly's here in Sweden :D

You are a huge sports fan and you shared drinks with the announcer, Pat O'Brien (or maybe you are into ET ..since I think he did this too).... Mr. O'Brien is still in your thoughts, so you came up with the "Hurricane" geojelly in his honor inspired by the Pat O'Briens of New Orleans.

Served in a Pat O'Brien's logo glass and garnished with an orange slice and a cherry, the fruity red concoction was created during World War II when liquor such as whiskey was in low supply. In order to purchase just one case of these liquors, liquor salesmen forced bar owners to purchase as much as 50 cases of rum, which was plentiful. In an effort to use the abundance of rum that Pat O'Brien's acquired, the recipe for the Hurricane evolved with the help of an eager liquor salesman. The name came soon after when a glass shaped like a hurricane lamp was used to serve the fruity rum cocktail.

The Pat O'Brien's Hurricane glass is one of the most sought-after souvenirs in New Orleans. Many New Orleanians have one or more in their possession, and as for what they do with those glasses once they get home, one Pat O'Brien's patron pointed out, "A Pat O's Hurricane glass can hold exactly $10.00 in pennies."

Wow nice history lesson...I was just in New Orleans and ended up on Bourbon street enjoying many drinks but one wasn't a hurrican!!!

HINT: I had to do research on the drink - Hurricane, when designing my coin i.e for the colors? So yes the Hurricane drink inspired me...but from where did I find out about such a drink..be specific???

You can guess again!!! if it hasn't been 10 minutes.

I am stepping out for a bit to run some errands before a long awaited weekend of camping with some college friends that might include some drinking of some HURRICANES!!!! :D

Steel City Babes

I hate to be graphic, but here is my guess. Along with their famous Hurrican'es Pat O'Brien's serves free popcorn. The popcorn is very salty and as you eat it you get thirsty so you order more hurricanes. The nearly inevitable result of too many hurricanes is regurgitation. Aforementioned regurgitation is almost always full of tiny whitish yellow pieces that were formerly popcorn. After two AM you can find little pink puddles with specks in them all over Bourbon street. Those puddles look remarkably like the color of the jelly bean. Honestly when I first saw it and saw the name that is what I thought of, but I did not wish to gross anyone out with that guess.

S

HINT: I had to do research on the drink - Hurricane, when designing my coin i.e for the colors? So yes the Hurricane drink inspired me...but from where did I find out about such a drink..be specific???

Steel City Babes

You and your friends had a wild night out and one of them bought you a Hurricane?

You were watching the Pirates of the Caribbean and all the drinking of Rum made you thirsty. You knew that you did not want to drink it straight, so you looked up drinks made with rum. You are health consious, so you thought that the fresh and delightly fruit flavors would soften the blow of the Rum ... The Huricane looks sweet, smells sweet, but sounds rough like a Pirate.

To summerize....You were inspired by Jack Sparrow drinking Rum in Pirates of the Caribbean.

i am 20 but my Best gusse . she watch Food Network channel and someone make Hurricane drink and deicied call a friend see if party to night then car pool and you went to bar and hear have Hurricane so you deiecd onder and frist drank you fall in love wituh that drink and you love it snice ? :D:lol:

You found out via the Alan Jackson/Jimmy Buffet song "It's 5 o'clock somewhere.

It sounded like a great thing if they were singing about it, and you decided to try one.

Now, you're hooked.

I should have known by the shirt you would have known..... :lol::D

I am actually looking at a Cup for New Orleans....from "The Court of Two Sisters" I think it was filled with a hurricane....or at least I remember something RED :D

Steel City Babes

It sounded like a great thing if they were singing about it, and you decided to try one.

Now, you're hooked.

WE HAVE A Winner!!!!

I think I have your addy from a recent trade....will ship tomorrow....

Thanks all for making this fun....I should have left you guys/ladies go for a while on the drink... :D

Now, you're hooked.

WE HAVE A Winner!!!!

Little does the geocoin community realize that Shop99er types with one finger while holding some sort of drink in the other hand...at all times. In fact, he's most often typing what Mrs. Shop99er is dictating over his shoulder as she refills the drink. 11.gif

Now, you're hooked.

WE HAVE A Winner!!!!

Little does the geocoin community realize that Shop99er types with one finger while holding some sort of drink in the other hand...at all times. In fact, he's most often typing what Mrs. Shop99er is dictating over his shoulder as she refills the drink. 11.gif

I can totally picture that!!!

Congrats Shop99er!!!

You say that like it's a bad thing!

That was The Truly Unpleasant Mrs. Shop99er.

First off, Yime is under the mistaken impression that we call her TTUMS because we can't remember her name. If you don't believe me, ask Chooch72 what happened when he told her no at the Luau. 22.gif

Second, I would NEVER type whilst holding a drink. Might spill it!! Geez!! 2.gif

If my drink/beer (what I'm having right now) goes empty, I'm on my own. She's unreasonable, that way.

Now, I'm gonna post this before she catches me.....6.gif

[edit--name correction]

Edited by Shop99er

Now, you're hooked.

WE HAVE A Winner!!!!

I think I have your addy from a recent trade....will ship tomorrow....

Thanks all for making this fun....I should have left you guys/ladies go for a while on the drink... :)

Thank you, ma'am.

First off, Yime is under the mistaken impression that we call her TTUMS because we can't remember her name. If you don't believe me, ask ******* what happened when he told her no at the Luau. 22.gif

Second, I would NEVER type whilst holding a drink. Might spill it!! Geez!! 2.gif

If my drink/beer (what I'm having right now) goes empty, I'm on my own. She's unreasonable, that way.

LMAO :D:D:):)B):D

Edited by steel city babes

First off, Yime is under the mistaken impression that we call her TTUMS because we can't remember her name. If you don't believe me, ask Chooch72 what happened when he told her no at the Luau. 22.gif

[edit--name correction]

LMAO - Congratulations Shop99er, well done.