Is this a record

gazooks

I recently had someone find one of my caches as their first cache. I went to their profile to enable me to send an email of welcome and discovered that they had in fact been a member since September 2005 :huh:

What on earth have they been doing for nearly two years ;)

amd is this a record ? :(

I recently had someone find one of my caches as their first cache. I went to their profile to enable me to send an email of welcome and discovered that they had in fact been a member since September 2005 :huh:

What on earth have they been doing for nearly two years ;)

amd is this a record ? :(

Compared to some cachers we are standing still......we have only found 43 since last february. But then, we only seek a cache when we feel like it. Which isnt often. We like it that way.

I recently had someone find one of my caches as their first cache. I went to their profile to enable me to send an email of welcome and discovered that they had in fact been a member since September 2005 :ph34r:

What on earth have they been doing for nearly two years :anibad:

amd is this a record ? :tired:

I think The Blorenges beat this.

Joined 22/3/2001

First Find 9/5/2004

;)

I recently had someone find one of my caches as their first cache. I went to their profile to enable me to send an email of welcome and discovered that they had in fact been a member since September 2005 :ph34r:

Joined 22/3/2001

First Find 9/5/2004

:D

B)B);) I was going to say that! :D

'Tis true. I found a mention about Geocaching in a magazine article, MrB investigated further, found the site, registered, then kept a watching brief for a few years... After all, with such a dangerously addictive hobby we didn't want to rush into anything without proper consideration. B)B)

MrsB

Joined 22/3/2001

First Find 9/5/2004

B)B);) I was going to say that! :D

'Tis true. I found a mention about Geocaching in a magazine article, MrB investigated further, found the site, registered, then kept a watching brief for a few years... After all, with such a dangerously addictive hobby we didn't want to rush into anything without proper consideration. B)B)

MrsB

And now there's no escape. B)

Or there is the other way.. My sister has no GPS and is not a cacher :D but found

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...59-03cd268a3fc9

I must ask her how long it took her..

Which one's your sister. There's too many to read them all.

This happens quite a lot. I've seen several logs that either read "Found this without GPSr, trying to figure out if we want to get into this." or "Found without GPSr, what would be the fun in using one". :(

The last one I came across, the guy was doing multi caches. :cry::(:o:(

Or there is the other way.. My sister has no GPS and is not a cacher :D but found

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...59-03cd268a3fc9

I must ask her how long it took her..

Which one's your sister. There's too many to read them all.

This happens quite a lot. I've seen several logs that either read "Found this without GPSr, trying to figure out if we want to get into this." or "Found without GPSr, what would be the fun in using one". :lol:

The last one I came across, the guy was doing multi caches. :D:D:anibad:B)

Sis did not log a find on GC.com she had seen what we do and thought I can do it without satnav so off she went..The log will have her print though.. Will check when I do the cache myself..

I recently had someone find one of my caches as their first cache. I went to their profile to enable me to send an email of welcome and discovered that they had in fact been a member since September 2005 :)

What on earth have they been doing for nearly two years :D

amd is this a record ? :)

Maybe two years ? B)

I recently had someone find one of my caches as their first cache. I went to their profile to enable me to send an email of welcome and discovered that they had in fact been a member since September 2005 :D

What on earth have they been doing for nearly two years :)

amd is this a record ? :)

Joined 22/3/2001

First Find 9/5/2004

I was going through my geo-inbox and came across this:-

schwuk

Joined 14/6/01

First cache found (mine!) 4/6/06......a tad under 5 years!!

Is this a record too? Linky

Found first cache: 16th September 07

Placed first cache: 16th September 07

He reckons he’s a beginner too.

Additionally, is it me or is this a bit too fast? And what’s with the ?????????? in the profile, which only serves to prevent you seeing information?

I don't do many caches, but not by choice. I've run out of local ones to me and don't own a car and the frustration of not caching for more than two months recently is making me close to gnawing my own arm off *twitch* *twitch* :anitongue:

Back to the real world, there is nothing wrong with being an un-regular cacher. Some people obsess with numbers, others prefer to find the best that's out there to enjoy the game <_<

I've even had one of my caches logged online by someone two years after they signed the original log book <_< (I double checked btw!)

Joined Monday, May 05, 2003

5/5/2003 Burrow Mound, Shropshire United Kingdom

7/26/2003 Carding Mill Capers - Shropshire United Kingdom [visit log]

We then bought a gps

3/7/2004 Fraise Du Bois - Dolgoch Quarry - Shropshire United Kingdom [visit log]

3/14/2004 The Chase Strikes Back! (Staffordshire) United Kingdom [visit log]

Talking of records, 569 in one day ? Surely not. That equates to one every two and a half minutes !

I assume he had no access to the internet for a while, or they just wanted to ne "No.1".....and he's not the only one, take a look for yourself:

http://www.itsnotaboutthenumbers.com/top_ten.php

Its a team so it might not be as simple as that....still an awful lot for one day though :unsure:

Yeah, I'm one of those too. I'm not sure when I first joined, but I did a couple with another member before that.

<edit>Oh wait, I just found it, I've been a member for about a year.</edit>

I intend to make up for that, and find loads around the midlands, starting in the next few weeks. I'm just really good at being lazy and procrastinating.

Edited by jackohug