Whidbey caching, Monday July 9

hydnsek

Team Shydog (Chris) is visiting from Indiana on vacation in early July, and his itinerary includes some of the caching "greatest hits" of our area - APE cache, GS headquarters, Ebey Bluffs, Champoeg, etc.

On Monday, July 9, he wants to cache Whidbey Island, starting at Deception Pass and working his way down the island, including Ebey Bluffs, and coming back on the ferry.

I've offered to join him, and it would be even more fun if some other local cachers could join us, so Shydog gets to meet a bunch of us (plus, he needs someone to hula with at Perego's Lagoon :().

If you're interested in coming along, say 'aye' and we'll work out the logistics.

I don't know if Shydog wants company on his other adventures, if so, I'm sure he'll chime in here.

I've offered to join him, and it would be even more fun if some other local cachers could join us, so Shydog gets to meet a bunch of us (plus, he needs someone to hula with at Perego's Lagoon ;)).

I have to work too, but would be happy to donate the use of my hula skirt and some plastic leis. They are veterans of that cache. ;)

I've offered to join him, and it would be even more fun if some other local cachers could join us, so Shydog gets to meet a bunch of us (plus, he needs someone to hula with at Perego's Lagoon :D).

I have to work too, but would be happy to donate the use of my hula skirt and some plastic leis. They are veterans of that cache. :D

I'll take you up on that. Shydog must be properly attired. :D

I would like to be there, but I gotta work. Da Navy Yard has no sense of humor that way

I would be more than happy to write you a note to get out of work if that will help. I am NOT a doctor, but I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express :D

I also appreciate the offer for the use of the Hula shirt. Whatever it takes to get those bonus points!!

Chris-Team Shydog

I've offered to join him, and it would be even more fun if some other local cachers could join us, so Shydog gets to meet a bunch of us (plus, he needs someone to hula with at Perego's Lagoon ;)).

I have to work too, but would be happy to donate the use of my hula skirt and some plastic leis. They are veterans of that cache. :unsure:

I'll take you up on that. Shydog must be properly attired. :lol:

Well you know where we're at, at least I think you do. (doesn't everyone?) We're home most evenings after 5 ish. We might be able to meet some where midway if you weren't going to be down this direction.

Sounds fun, I don't have to work B) , and I've never done any caching on Whidbey. That's something I want to do this summer, so this would be a great start. No hula, though! Let me know if there's room for one more in your cache group.

--GrievousAngel

There sure is room. I will send you an e-mail with some details. B)

On another note, WOW!! This place is beautiful. I just got in and hit a few caches. I got to meet a couple of local cachers and do some coin trading. Every time I would come up and crest a hill and Mt. Rainier would be there, Incredible B) my heart would jump!! And thanks for the perfect weather.

Chris-Team Shydog

Sorry everyone else has to work, as it promises to be another glorious sunny day on Monday! :laughing: I'll be playing tour guide for Team Shydog, our visiting cacher, and GrievousAngel, a local cacher who's never been to Whidbey. Fabulous views, a bit of hula-ing at Perego's Lagoon, lunch at the Mad Crab - woo hoo!

We only stumbled across this thread on the 9th. We could have been tempted, alas, it's the old snooze lose thing. We do hope to escape the Winthrop hot spell by hitting Bellingham later this week.

Barnabirdy(s)

Don't bring any more heat with you...it's going to be hot enough here as it is... :D

I love the Mad Crab!! We eat there every trip to Whidbey!!!

mmmmmmmm... crab cakes. :D

*burp* Yes, it was quite tasty. :D

We had a beeyootiful day on Whidbey, as Team Shydog (Chris) continued his "Wow" tour of the Pacific Northwest. All the mountains were out - Baker, Rainier, Cascades, Olympics - on a warm, sunny day, and Shydog just couldn't stop taking pictures. (He thanked us for naming Mt Baker after him.... :P) We spent a few hours at Deception Pass, then headed down to the Mad Crab for lunch, followed by the always-excellent caching loop to Ebey Bluff and Perego's Lagoon (and yes, there was hula-ing). We finished with a ferry ride, another first for Chris. GrievousAngel was also with us; she lives in Everett but this was her first trip to Whidbey, as well.

Edited by hydnsek

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.....

I had one of the best caching days in my geocaching life yesterday. The weather, company and caches were all first class. What a jewel you all have here. The hike to Ebey Bluffs was much more then I thought it would be, in a better way that is. I thought it was just a quick up, boy was I wrong. As Hydnsek said, my WOW tour continues but I am not sure I can or want to top the Whidbey Island trip. It was wonderful to meet such great people.

Chris-Team Shydog