post logging

This has probably been discussed before, but I missed out!

This is the scenario....

Team Balders, for example, comprises of Kev, Sue and James (as well as occasional forays with the grandchildren). We have logged a fair few caches as Team Balders. Now James, wanting to do his own thing, decides to go it alone as MadJames.

Would it be ok for MadJames to log all the caches he attended with Team Balders under his own name or should he go out and find them on his own?

A few points to think about...

* There will be no entries in the logs for MadJames so no proof that he actually found the cache.

* The log entry for Team Balders is for the Team not individual members.

Well, that's stirred up a hornets' nest. Pity that it's far too wet to go caching and that I've too much time on my hands.

I shall be available for lynching tomorrow at the Laird's event!!!

I don't see it as a problem with doing this as long as they have visited the cache. Just make sure they log for the same date and reference being part or the team.

What would happen if a couple that are a team split up? One would keep the team name and the other would have visited the caches, but not have a physical log in the book, but have still found it.

Go ahead, and log those caches.

Well that’s interesting. I’ve been watching quietly and keeping quiet but I’m in a similar situation. I’m not really a newbie! I was part of what I’d call a team although I’ll not say which one at the moment and I have changed location big time. I’m currently living in a hotel in the North of England and looking for somewhere to live permanently. I visited many caches all over the world in my team but I had to leave. I accepted the fact that I’d have to start again cache wise so I grabbed a few caches while traveling recently but it’d be nice to be able to get my numbers back up again retrospectively. I’m not sure I’d be able to name the original team in any logs though as it could cause problems. Would it be ok to log them just going on the dates do you think?

T4TC

Can't believe this.....I was just thinking of starting a thread the same as the OP!

Tonight I have had an email from a cacher explaining that they are logging one of my caches under their own name, as they had previously visited it as part of a team. I have no problem with that, and was wondering what others thought.

Now thats spooky :D

My 10 year old daughter has started logging caches in her own right and she asked me yesterday If she can now log the ones she did with me , I said I will check the forum.

I think I will let her log the ones that she has done with me and she has been mentioned in my/our log for that day.

I wouldn’t have a problem with it. I never (or rarely) check my logbooks anyway. I’m too trusting perhaps although I don’t think I’d delete a log anyway unless it was a deliberate wind up. I thought that’d happened recently on one of my caches but it had actually been logged by someone I didn’t think even existed:

Somewhere in here

And even if the person doesn’t exist, someone bothered to go and stamp the logbook so that’s fair enough with me.

Simple really! If the "new" cacher was present when the cache was found and was logged in under the Team name, of course they should be allowed to log in their own right.

Correct date of course and an explanation as to why logging retrospectively, although, as in the case above, the need to mention the Team name may be deemed unnecessary.

It is not unexpected to hear/see couples going their own ways and therefore provision for this type of logging should be in place.

Oss!

T5 KCX

I've had logs like this on my own caches from quite a few people who had found the cache as part of a team and then signed up with their own account and went back and logged them online under their new name. As long as the new log is dated correctly I'm quite happy with it. They were there, they found the cache, that's fine by me.

Well that’s interesting. I’ve been watching quietly and keeping quiet but I’m in a similar situation. I’m not really a newbie! I was part of what I’d call a team although I’ll not say which one at the moment and I have changed location big time. I’m currently living in a hotel in the North of England and looking for somewhere to live permanently. I visited many caches all over the world in my team but I had to leave. I accepted the fact that I’d have to start again cache wise so I grabbed a few caches while traveling recently but it’d be nice to be able to get my numbers back up again retrospectively. I’m not sure I’d be able to name the original team in any logs though as it could cause problems. Would it be ok to log them just going on the dates do you think?

T4TC

T4TC just a thought ....if you have moved away for a 'fresh start' systematically logging all your old teams finds under your new ID would enable the members of the old team to detect your new ID and possibly trace where you are now :anitongue:

Best wishes for the future

minxyy

What everyone said above. Go ahead and re-log them in your own name. :smile:

I'm glad you said that cos I was feeling a little guilty about re-logging the caches I had found when I was half of "Stu_and_Sarah". but at a cache meet at the weekend i felt a bit like a n00b when my cache total was only 6 when it should have been getting on for 400.

I've still got a lot more to relog though. *sigh*

My 7 year old is happy with this, I just have to log them for her now!!!

Yes I noticed over the weekend :smile:

My inbox had a few extra owner found notifications in it from your KeeBee, more the merrier and glad you enjoyed the caches :smile:

Thanks Iain,

Will be back for some of yours soon started the Brine series this weekend.

All sorted and she is happy now! Did not take that long I used a standard message and pasted it in. Made two date errors but all sorted now.

Thanks to everyone :lol: