Calling All Graphic Designers!

avroair

Wow.. I'm so outclassed here... but I'll throw my hat in the ring anyway.

Coinfest.jpg

Event version of the coin will be done in copper, with a 'world' version done in silver/nickel. The red lines and the coin images will be raised metal (the cent mark on the coin being filled). Black lines will be black fill, land masses will be in a forest green color, with water being sparkly blue. 'Track at geocaching' and tracking code will be edge text, leaving the obverse for a site-specific design (will maybe to a generic with a place for location etching for those places/organizers that don't want to make their own).

Hi all, here is the Landsharkz submission :( . We hope you like it. This coin can be produced in a variety of colours if multiple versions are required; we can make a few with translucent colours on the nickel and gold... they'll look really cool :) .

If you like our design, and wish to vote for it, please be aware... this design comes with some strings attached. We are graphics arts professionals and coin producers. Two important parts to a coin's production are the development of the art, and the production of the coin with the mint. The only way that we can be assured that the coin we develop is produced to our level of quality is by maintaining tight control of the whole production process with the mint.

So... here are the strings: In order to ensure the quality of the finished product, if this coin is selected we will be the producers... no one else produces Landsharkz coins. If this stipulation does not meet with your approval, please vote for another coin. Please do not ask us to give permission for another company to produce this coin. This may sound presumptious, but because of the strings we've attached it is only fair to say that if our design is voted in, our pricing will be wholesale, fair, reasonable and negotiated with avroair. This design will be very affordable to produce as it is designed in 2D both sides and to use the least expensive metals.

If you decide you would prefer to vote for another coin, this design will be further developed into the Landsharkz Personal Geocoinfest Multi Event Coin! Hate to see all this work go to waste <_< .

mosaic2.jpg

mosaic.jpg

Good luck to all entries and may the best design win!

Well... after a serious mental block....

With my short timeframe, I did this last minute brainstorm today! LOL

gfmetest.jpg

Here's my offering, and 'specifics'

Enamel colors are translucents with recessed designs under the translucent

Hands in 3D, with use of polished and sandblasted metals.

And... If its well received, Id be happy to do a reverse side!

The phrase "Prodeo Pacisci" means: "Go forth and trade" in Latin.

Thought I'd add some fun to a serious looking coin! LOL

Hope you like it! I thought Id move from maps and the usual temptations, and go a different direction.

We have some great contributions on here... I cant wait to see what else is posted!

One of these days I'm going to come out to IL, so you can help me learn photoshop (I like the Latin phrase) :D Maybe I should make the trip during football season, where I can watch the Vikings slaughter the Packers :mad:

**There are some really great designs being posted, nice job to all that submitted! Now which one to vote for?**

Great designs! :D Since I am away in California I will be posting the designs in a separate thread for voting, and have this thread closed. If there are any last minute submissions post them asap.

I can grab art from this thread, but if the designers have better versions send them to me so I can link and post them! :mad:

Thanks Nero :mad: and thank you to everyone who has been e-mailing us with your compliments!

Design Notes: 1.5" (38mm) is the smallest we'd want to make it. 1 5/8" (42mm) would probably be better. It doesn't need to be any larger though. Size was a consideration during Chris' design phase. He shrinks them down on computer to make sure that when its life size everything is legible and clear.

My thought was that this event is about a mosaic of people meeting in a mosaic of locations, hence the mosaic design :D . Chris designed it so that the location could be laser engraved thereby allowing locations to come on board up until final production time.

Paint Notes: Our recommendation is for the paint to be imitation hard enamel or translucent so it looks like chipped tiles. Soft enamel wouldn't give the right effect. Also, antique finishes which are more expense would be wasted on this art. It just needs polished nickel or polished gold for the translucent enamel on the sun to gleam. The white surrounding the sun would be imitation hard enamel because there is no translucent white paint - also this would make the translucent sun stand out even more. The side with the text could be translucent or imitation hard enamel, we'd probably ask to see samples in both for comparison.

One metal could be for attendees and one for organizers. We also drew this on black which would be all imitation hard enamel if there was need for a 3rd version.

Well... after a serious mental block....

With my short timeframe, I did this last minute brainstorm today! LOL

gfmetest.jpg

Here's my offering, and 'specifics'

Enamel colors are translucents with recessed designs under the translucent

Hands in 3D, with use of polished and sandblasted metals.

And... If its well received, Id be happy to do a reverse side!

The phrase "Prodeo Pacisci" means: "Go forth and trade" in Latin.

Thought I'd add some fun to a serious looking coin! LOL

Hope you like it! I thought Id move from maps and the usual temptations, and go a different direction.

We have some great contributions on here... I cant wait to see what else is posted!

One of these days I'm going to come out to IL, so you can help me learn photoshop (I like the Latin phrase) :mad: Maybe I should make the trip during football season, where I can watch the Vikings slaughter the Packers :D

**There are some really great designs being posted, nice job to all that submitted! Now which one to vote for?**

1 vote, WOW paula, you're really going for excellence here.

Great designs! :mad: Since I am away in California I will be posting the designs in a separate thread for voting, and have this thread closed. If there are any last minute submissions post them asap.

I can grab art from this thread, but if the designers have better versions send them to me so I can link and post them! :D

California!!! Where! That is where I am!

GCFMEv2.jpg

I've updated the image with a few changes. This design will allow for a few additional sites to be added and keep the symmetry.

I have an image with the coins spinning. While it would make a really cool coin, I doubt the cost would be realistic.

Also, I corrected my 4AM abbreviations of certain states this time around.

I started this design long time ago when we first started talking about the multi coinfest. I haven't had any time to work on it at all. I debated not even entering this design since I didn't have the time to finish it. So I appologize for it is very rough and just a concept design at this time.

The idea is that we are having a mult-event so why not a mult-coin. The globe in the middle is a trolley coin (or a micro) that lays inside the bigger coin (inlay). I also tried to play off the fact that it is a global event. Sorry I didn't have more time to work on it.

Multi%20Geocoin%20Event%20Coin%20Anthus.jpg

GCFMEv2.jpg

I've updated the image with a few changes. This design will allow for a few additional sites to be added and keep the symmetry.

I have an image with the coins spinning. While it would make a really cool coin, I doubt the cost would be realistic.

Looks like Michigan is still missing!

Looks like Michigan is still missing!

Is Michigan confirmed, I didn't see it on the latest update of event sites. My original design had mistaken the MI for Mississippi. I corrected it for my update. I planned ahead and gave my design the ability to add more sites if more were needed.