Inexpensive coins or tags

Knight2000

While we don't collect coins or tags or whatever they are called, we were toying with the idea of having a custom coin/tag/? item that we could leave in caches that we find rewarding and well done. I have looked at dozens of sites and really am not sure what might be for us. Here is what we were thinking of:

Not trackable.

One sided

Small (maybe 1")

Maybe color, but not necessary

Maybe numbered, but not necessary

Thin

Basically cheap is the word. I think the only thing they would be for is to leave in caches. So far the only thing i have seen that seems like what we might be looking for is the cachetags from coinswag.com. It appears to start they are about $2 to make and then $1/per after that.

I know i said cheap, but if its going to look like someone hammered some letters in a metal disc then i think we would pass. Although cheap, we would like it to at least be clean/sharp.

I don't want to email a bunch of places asking for quotes because i don't want to waste anyones time and also i don't know what the heck i am doing.

Any ideas? I hope this made sense. ;)

There is one option a CacheTag,. After the cost of the design they are a buck each. 4 color, is non-trackable but sequentially numbered. Similar to a GeoTag but not trackable on Geocaching.

Cheeper would be Trolly Tokens, they are less expencive, non numbered and a tad smaller . Also There are PathTags that all carry a commen ## on each and are trackable on the site that produces them. Just a few more commercial produced options.

I make my own sig tokens cost is about $0.50 cents each , They are home made and trackable on sigitem.com , Thanks to Marky :)

siggroup.jpg

EDIT ::Removed Company name THX FSM :)

Edited by glennk721

There is one option a CacheTag, Coinswag is producing. After the cost of the design they are a buck each. 4 color, is non-trackable but sequentially numbered. Similar to a GeoTag but not trackable on Geocaching.

Cheeper would be Trolly Tokens, they are less expencive, non numbered and a tad smaller . Also There are PathTags that all carry a commen ## on each and are trackable on the site that produces them. Just a few more commercial produced options.

I make my own sig tokens cost is about $0.50 cents each , They are home made and trackable on sigitem.com , Thanks to Marky :)

Thanks for the info. Now if i can assimilate it. :) I've seen Marky's site a few times and tried to email him at least two. I think the emails always come back undeliverable. :)

If its something that my kids and i could do together i love the idea of making your own. They already love creating a cache and making our regular sig items. Any tips on how you make your own? They look great!

If its something that my kids and i could do together i love the idea of making your own. They already love creating a cache and making our regular sig items. Any tips on how you make your own? They look great!

I will shoot you a email how I make my tokens :) , Contact Marky though his profile, That may work,,

Glenn

Thank you. :) In the past the only way i tried to contact Marky was through the GC site. Maybe it was a different Marky? :)

So i guess from what i see Pathtags are about $3.78 each for the first order of 50 and then .99 each for an order of 100. If my math is right. The site confuses me a little... :):)

As mentioned in previous threads, please contact the companies listed in the pinned threads above for information on what is possible and waht's in your budget.

This list is provided to everybody to prevent people asking the question of "Who should I use?" as what you will get here are opinions from everybody that used one of those companies stating that they lvoed them and would use them again. :)

Good luck.

Thank you for reopening.

So many options and I'm still not in the loop. Someone was very helpful and PM'd me about PathTags. (Thank you! :blink:) Apparently i misunderstood the pricing and it is about $2 a piece to start and then $1 after that for refills.

What are Trolley tokens? I tried a search but didnt find much?

To me, it seems that cachetags and pathtags are very similar. Is there a version similar to these somewhere that isnt color? Just trying to learn more and see whats out there. Thanks!!!

Please refrain from turning this into an advertising thread for any company and just discuss the options (pathtags, geocoins, smashed pennies, tokens, etc.).

Thanks.

- Sketti

Not to be a smart arse but you just named the options, thread can now be reclosed :blink: .

What are Trolley tokens? I tried a search but didnt find much?

Trolley coins are what the mints call them. Any mint that mints coins can give you a quote fro trolley coins. You have the same options on a trolley coin as you would on a coin, it all depends on what you want to spend. Here are my "trolley coins"

DSC_1439.jpg

So a trolley token is basically a path/cache tag?

Is the price for these small tokens/ tags generally about $2 to start and $1 afterwards?

My Trolley is closer to a Pathtag than a Geotag. For trolley there is no starter kit, what you order is what you get, granted on the reorder you don't have to pay for the die fees again so it is a bit cheaper.

My trolleys are not numbered or trackable but where I went I believe I could add those options, not 100% sure

Is the price for these small tokens/ tags generally about $2 to start and $1 afterwards?

Not really considering GeoTags.

Any more info on the trolley tokens? Do all coin makers make them? Are they one sided? What makes it a token and not a coin? Do they all have a hole in them? What do the prices typically range from?

My Trolley is closer to a Pathtag than a Geotag. For trolley there is no starter kit, what you order is what you get, granted on the reorder you don't have to pay for the die fees again so it is a bit cheaper.

My trolleys are not numbered or trackable but where I went I believe I could add those options, not 100% sure

For what it's worth, I got your trolley tags yesterday, and they are quite snazzy :D

Damenace how can i get a set of your beautiful trolly tokens?

By trading? It may not be a set since some of the other metals are extremely limited. The other metals where proofs, that is until I decide to order some more!

Not really considering GeoTags.

Any more info on the trolley tokens? Do all coin makers make them? Are they one sided? What makes it a token and not a coin? Do they all have a hole in them? What do the prices typically range from?

1) My understanding is most mints that do "coins" have the ability to do "Trolley's".

2) Yes they are one sided, I am sure this is where options come into play. I am sure you can do more with the back, but by "trolley coin" standards they are most often left blank.

3) My guess merely the name is what makes them a "trolley" and not a "coin"

4) They all have holes in them

5) Price is going to depend on the mint, and any options you have including any sequential numbering if you choice.

For what it's worth, I got your trolley tags yesterday, and they are quite snazzy <_<

Thank you, I am glad you enjoy them.

Edited by Damenace
Thanks for the info. Now if i can assimilate it. <_< I've seen Marky's site a few times and tried to email him at least two. I think the emails always come back undeliverable. :P

Emails from Groundspeak usually make it to me now, but when in doubt, just send me a PM.

--Marky

wooden nickels are pretty affordable... Not nearly as cool as metal coins though ;)

We purchased 1,000 wooden nickels for $150 shipped

I have also seen plastic poker type of chips made up but they are similar price to the cheaper metal tags

Is that the cost of blank nickels or were they made for you?

I had always thought of poker chips as i used to spend lots of time playing poker. I even built my own poker table from scratch. Had always considered getting custom poker chips just never did. Most nice chips seem to be high dollar and others are just stickers on cheap chips.

pokertable001rz8.th.jpg

Does anyone have trackable (on gc.com) poker chips? I had always thought about them due to my past where i played a lot.

Since it is not a coin, how would that work if someone wanted to make them trackable on gc.com?

Also if allowed- does anyone sell tracking numbers? (Like if you only wanted 50 and didnt want to buy the minimum 250 from Groundspeak.)

Edited by knight2000

wooden nickels are pretty affordable... Not nearly as cool as metal coins though :rolleyes:

We purchased 1,000 wooden nickels for $150 shipped

I have also seen plastic poker type of chips made up but they are similar price to the cheaper metal tags

Is that the cost of blank nickels or were they made for you?

I had always thought of poker chips as i used to spend lots of time playing poker. I even built my own poker table from scratch. Had always considered getting custom poker chips just never did. Most nice chips seem to be high dollar and others are just stickers on cheap chips.

pokertable001rz8.th.jpg

that was $150 printed and delivered I think they even gave us a Stamp with the design on it included in the price

Does anyone have trackable (on gc.com) poker chips? I had always thought about them due to my past where i played a lot.

Since it is not a coin, how would that work if someone wanted to make them trackable on gc.com?

Also if allowed- does anyone sell tracking numbers? (Like if you only wanted 50 and didnt want to buy the minimum 250 from Groundspeak.)

You could always attach TB tags to poker chips that you want to track. I use wooden nickels and I turned one into a TB by attaching a tag.

You could always attach TB tags to poker chips that you want to track. I use wooden nickels and I turned one into a TB by attaching a tag.

The price of a TB seems to be a steep price to have a trackable item.

If i understand correctly then it is $1.50 to buy a tracking number with minimum of 250 needed. I was just wondering if anyone- commercial or not- parted these out.

The price of a TB seems to be a steep price to have a trackable item.

If i understand correctly then it is $1.50 to buy a tracking number with minimum of 250 needed. I was just wondering if anyone- commercial or not- parted these out.

It's only a minimum of 250 if you want a unique icon. You can get smaller quantities from most of the mentioned companies if you mint a coin through them. (Because of the die fee, minting smaller quantities costs much more per coin.)

--Marky

I just received some wooden "coins" I purchased on ebay. On one side is a picture of my home state, a hiker walking along the state, and the quote "where you are the search engine". The other side has a color design that I chose from forty choices, my geocache name, and the year. They are the size of a poker chip and very nicely made. ( I am not the seller, I swear - I just think they are a very cool, cheap way to say "thanks for a really cool cache!) The designs are full color. I really am pleased.