E-mail notifications stopped

Shilo

I haven't gotten any cache(as owner) find notices or TB/coins movement notices for about the last 24 hours.

Forum topic replies are working fine.

Anyone else?

Before I get blasted I did look around the forums to see if anyone else mentioned this to prevent a duplicate thread :blink:

I haven't had this problem ever in 3 years on the site and haven't changes e-mail addresses either. I have used the same Hotmail address with no problems(ruling out Yahoo and AOL throttling issues).

All watchlist and owner logs are coming in to me just fine.

Hmmmmm :blink:

I just went through my trash can and the last notification I received was friday afternoon. I looked through my caches and TB/coins and I should have had some e-mails, about 10 or so.

Mtn-man, did you receive my new cache notification with-in the last 15 minutes or so(Taylor Farm Park cache?)

It was approved about 15 minutes ago but I didnt get the 'new cache' notification on it yet.

Well, i've not had a couple of watchlist emails that i'd normally be getting. I found a cache myself that is in my watchlist and never received an email. Also my parents who own this cache had not had en email to say i'd found it either. For them they seem to have noticed it yesterday when I made a note on a cache they are watching and failed to get any emails regarding that either!

Certainly seems to be a problem from my point of view!

Well, i've not had a couple of watchlist emails that i'd normally be getting. I found a cache myself that is in my watchlist and never received an email. Also my parents who own this cache had not had en email to say i'd found it either. For them they seem to have noticed it yesterday when I made a note on a cache they are watching and failed to get any emails regarding that either!

Certainly seems to be a problem from my point of view!

This seems to be a hit a miss issue for some reason. Maybe when Signal wakes up in the morning he'll see this and have an answer for us. :unsure:

once again...I am getting neither owner notifications, nor am I getting publication notifications.

I made a test log on one of my own caches, and received nothing. I also know of several new ones that popped up over the weekend, that I did not receive notification on.

This is an ongoing issue.

once again...I am getting neither owner notifications, nor am I getting publication notifications.

Same with me. I did get an email from myself when I tested the email link on my profile page. I also received a test PQ with no problem. Just no owner or publication notifications have made it to me for awhile now.

Our notifications from yesterday's logs are just starting to come in now. A little late but they don't seem to be lost.

Thats good. :unsure:

Still nothing here since friday afternoon :)

Maybe when I get home from work tonight mine will be here.

I got a few new cache notifications last night, but this morning I noticed that there were two others within 3 miles of me that I did not get notified about. It looks like maybe no one else around here got those notifications, either, as they still haven't been found this morning. (Rare around here.)

Edit to say - the PQ I ran this morning came through with no problem.

Edited by FamilyDNA

It looks like the missing notifiactions were just late, I got one at 1:22 and the other at 2:13 (afternoon). I know they were published before 9:00 AM, as that's when I first saw them. I suspect they were actually published with the others last night. Publish log is dated yesterday.

I haven't gotten any cache(as owner) find notices or TB/coins movement notices for about the last 24 hours.

Forum topic replies are working fine.

Anyone else?

Before I get blasted I did look around the forums to see if anyone else mentioned this to prevent a duplicate thread <_<

I haven't had this problem ever in 3 years on the site and haven't changes e-mail addresses either. I have used the same Hotmail address with no problems(ruling out Yahoo and AOL throttling issues).

Problem appears to be solved. Over 100 geocahing notifications now <_< . 3 days worth.

Still would like to know what happened and why only a few accounts were affected.

Lots to catch up on tonight after work :laughing:

Well its Friday early afternoon and I'm getting thursday's owner/watchlist notifications late. I went to bed afterwork last night at 3 am and had no e-mails in my inbox and all the notifications today were from thursday evening.

Here we go again.....:D

Well its Friday early afternoon and I'm getting thursday's owner/watchlist notifications late. I went to bed afterwork last night at 3 am and had no e-mails in my inbox and all the notifications today were from thursday evening.

Here we go again.....:D

I was on the phone with another cacher last night when they asked if I was going to go after that new cache that just got published. It was too far for them to do it (23 miles north). They sent me the link and it was only 9.8miles from me! I received the 'Published' notification about 8 hours later (this morning). This is the first time I've ever seen a delay like this.

So far today all e-mails seem to be going through just fine. Log notificaitons, bookmark, and watchlist are being recieved as soon as entries are made.

Hamster must have been taking a nap.

No, I have all geocaching emails pointed to my Inbox. I'm on Orange in the UK which lots of other UKm cachers will be on. My problem started when lots of other people started having a issue about 10 days go. I wouls stake my mortgage that the problem lies with Groundspeak rather than my ISP.

Here we go again.....:laughing:

Well after I posted this on friday things have seem to run smoothly here for now. (Or so I think :rolleyes: )

My problem was sorted by putting the domain geocaching.com on the safe list at hotmail. It should have at worst been putting the emails in the Junk Mail folder, but it was bouncing them off into nowhere previously.

I don't believe the problem is with anyones e-mail account. Its getting caught up at Groundspeak or between them and your e-mail company.

And I also have geocaching.com in my safelist and still was having problems. Been fine this weekend though :laughing:

Just a few delays on friday.

Its doing it again. :anicute:

No e-mail notifications of logs from my owned caches, TB's, geocoins or anything on my watchlist all day. This includes new cache listing notifications too. No FTF's for me this weekend. :anicute:

Time to set up that PQ for caches that haven't been found yet. Don't run it, just Preview it, every 30 seconds, if the FTF itch is really bad . . . :anicute:

LOL, Naaa its not. If it was though I'd be in trouble.

We have a couple college kids around here that sit at the computer and gets all the FTF's around here anyways.