What do you do with your coins?

rasj & Stacey

We keep the newest coins and some odd sized ones in a display. The rest are in 7 binders. Two of those are ready to burst. I need to get a couple more. :D

The binders and the plastic boxes on the bottom hold my signature item collection.

coins.jpg

Signal looks so alone and is it just me or does he look a litle bit tee'd off about it? I wouldn't turn my back on him. Where is the Mrs. Signal? :) ok NM me I have been up like 36 hours with a tooth ache and am tired, half dilirous on pain killers, pondering unique uses for a needle nose vise grip, and now talking about signals lack of companionshiip . . . whew . . . I will be glad to see that dentist but it is going to be an interesting 5 days until I can get in.

Anywho, Keep those collection photos coming in, it strangely makes me feel better seeing all them coins. Show off your geocoin collections here in all there magnificance, don't be bashful. I can only dream of ever owning such elaborate geocin collections that I have seen here so let me experience all yours vicariously at least.

I like to see how everyone stores their coins, I had mine all in 4 boxes just before Geocoinfest. Then I rushed out, got some pages and made a binder, now I have all my 1st's in that binder. I also started to make a trades binder, but am only a few pages done. Before I got them all readily accessable I just thumbed tthrough them untill I found the one "I wanted to look at"

One of the boxes was the coins I wanted to give at FTF prizes or spern of the moment drops, and always have at least 5 with me while Im caching-Just in case...and they are usually unactivated.

I will post a pick Just for Jay Mills, if you havent read...He loves to look at these things! So for the sake of Jay...Post away! :D

I wont be able to post till Mon. gotta head out and head North...Hopefully for some good caches.

2nd time around for this one- Hopefully youll have a chance... This is a little contest for Jay Mills...If you respond to this thread with in 10 minutes...I will send you a coin, Tried this before but you were already gone!...Heres you next chance!... This contest will self destruct in 10 Min

Edited by 007BigD

I like to see how everyone stores their coins, I had mine all in 4 boxes just before Geocoinfest. Then I rushed out, got some pages and made a binder, now I have all my 1st's in that binder. I also started to make a trades binder, but am only a few pages done. Before I got them all readily accessable I just thumbed tthrough them untill I found the one "I wanted to look at"

One of the boxes was the coins I wanted to give at FTF prizes or spern of the moment drops, and always have at least 5 with me while Im caching-Just in case...and they are usually unactivated.

I will post a pick Just for Jay Mills, if you havent read...He loves to look at these things! So for the sake of Jay...Post away! :D

I wont be able to post till Mon. gotta head out and head North...Hopefully for some good caches.

2nd time around for this one- Hopefully youll have a chance... This is a little contest for Jay Mills...If you respond to this thread with in 10 minutes...I will send you a coin, Tried this before but you were already gone!...Heres you next chance!... This contest will self destruct in 10 Min

Just respond?

HMMMM I guess both! Just couldnt help myself after reading some of your logs and wanting nothing more than more pics...and I was still on here after hoping I would be outa here and on the road an hour ago!...So I figured Hey hes here this time...Ill give it another shot, so if you give me a Shot at my email Ill get a coin in route to you soon.

Edited to say: I guess I like to give my coins away too, but since I offered one other to a newbie with none I got an email from another guy ASKING for a free coin...I gave him a little task or 2 to complete before he gets his. But I think It will be awhile before I go givin coins away again...Its just kinda fun!

Edited by 007BigD

HMMMM I guess both! Just couldnt help myself after reading some of your logs and wanting nothing more than more pics...and I was still on here after hoping I would be outa here and on the road an hour ago!...So I figured Hey hes here this time...Ill give it another shot, so if you give me a Shot at my email Ill get a coin in route to you soon.

Very kewl will do that now!!! Thanks

I Just liek to see all those coins is all soem are awesme looking.

Edited by Jay Mills

In route on Monday...enjoy! I wish I could have caught ya the 1st time around...it was a little more original way back then.

So the next time we see your collection...it will be at least 18% bigger with a "Special coin" I remember my 1st special coin- It was my 1st Geocoin :D , The Masters of Cache, then it had to be the 1st coin I got at geocoinfest- My Event coin.

Being new to coin displaying, how do you cut out the foam? I have tried with a little stanley knife, but the edges are ragged. What am I doing wrong? How do you all get such beautifully cut circles? Why am I so 10 thumbed?

I cut the sheets into long strips (2.25" wide) using a paper cutter, then I cut the strips into squares (2.25" x 2.25") also with the paper cutter. Then, I just press the coin onto the foam so that it leaves an impression. Then, with small thin scissors (the ones used to trims fingernails) I just cut along the outline left by the coin. I tried with a small exacto knife, but that didn't work well. I also tried using a compass cutter, but I find the scissor method much easier for me.

I cut the sheets into long strips (2.25" wide) using a paper cutter, then I cut the strips into squares (2.25" x 2.25") also with the paper cutter. Then, I just press the coin onto the foam so that it leaves an impression. Then, with small thin scissors (the ones used to trims fingernails) I just cut along the outline left by the coin. I tried with a small exacto knife, but that didn't work well. I also tried using a compass cutter, but I find the scissor method much easier for me.

Thanks so much for that! I have a pair of those scissors - didn't think to use them though :anicute:

Thanks Jake - I shall go and study the skills of the masters :huh:

Show some more collections and how you display them. First, It is mind boggling seeing so many coins together in one spot. Second, It is an excellent way to show off all those great looking coins you have in your collection, or just showing off your favorites. Lastly, and speaking only for myself as a fledgling collecter, it is great seeing what life COULD be like down the road and to see the differant styles and tastes of others. Keep em coming . . .

I just picked up a mini binder to take to events. I put the coins that I dropped into an event in there (mainly the activated ones that folks can log, but also a couple that I just want to show off). It has a notebook in it, so I can jot down coin #'s, some pockets to keep the papers with our tracking numbers for our coins, and a zippered coinpartment for a few trade coins. I just cut down the bigger coin pages to fit this one, punch a couple holes in the right place, and there ya go.

DSC00081.jpg

I just picked up a mini binder to take to events. I put the coins that I dropped into an event in there (mainly the activated ones that folks can log, but also a couple that I just want to show off). It has a notebook in it, so I can jot down coin #'s, some pockets to keep the papers with our tracking numbers for our coins, and a zippered coinpartment for a few trade coins. I just cut down the bigger coin pages to fit this one, punch a couple holes in the right place, and there ya go.

DSC00081.jpg

Hey, umm... LeNore? That top left coin appears to be falling out of it's pocket.

You're going to lose it... why not just send it to me? :)

PS: Just kidding :D

DSC00081.jpg

Eye-Spy a White Jeep, traveling event to event :)

Edited by glennk721

Hey, umm... LeNore? That top left coin appears to be falling out of it's pocket.

You're going to lose it... why not just send it to me? :)

PS: Just kidding :D

LOL! It's a good thing that I keep them in their flips...so they don't fall out!

Eye-Spy a White Jeep, traveling event to event :D

It will be visiting quite a few events...we have events for three weekends in a row!

I received a coin display for Christmas as well. I need to get another one or two to get all my coins out in the open. I enjoy being able to pick up a coin and look at it any time I want

4a281e8a-541b-4b44-a006-cd09b289441a.jpg

Chris-Team Shydog

I remember when Jeff (Team 360) showed me the Original Stash Plaque replica before he went to GW4. Nice to see it found a nice home.

I received a coin display for Christmas as well. I need to get another one or two to get all my coins out in the open. I enjoy being able to pick up a coin and look at it any time I want

Chris-Team Shydog

I remember when Jeff (Team 360) showed me the Original Stash Plaque replica before he went to GW4. Nice to see it found a nice home.

Where is that Original Stash Plaque sold or was it like a one time thing for an event? Just curious. The thing looks liek it must weigh 10 lbs

Chris-Team Shydog

Nice display! Where'd you get it (as a gift you may not know)?

Chris-Team Shydog

Where is that Original Stash Plaque sold or was it like a one time thing for an event? Just curious. The thing looks liek it must weigh 10 lbs

Team 360 had a replica made that he put up for raffle at GW4.

Where is that Original Stash Plaque sold or was it like a one time thing for an event? Just curious. The thing looks like it must weigh 10 lbs

My understating there were only 4 of the plaques made. One is at the location of the Original Stash, one is held as a back up, Team 360 (producer of the plaques) has one and I won one at GWS4 in Dallas last year. It does have some weight to it.

The display was purchased from the gentleman who is selling them on Ebay. Just do a search and you should find them. Nice quality on the display.

I don't understand the binder thing - never will. I like to SEE my coins :o

I started with some realyl nice redwood burl racks that a local made for me. when those filled up I moved onto hanging glass displays.

I'll try to take some pics tonight to load up.

These allow me to see my coins and fondle them as I please.

Yes, I said fondle. At least I didn't say that I carry one in my loincloth!

Adding pics.

This is looking into the corner. Doesn't show all the racks or displays, but gives some perspective:

cornermg6.jpg

Close up of one of the coin racks that was made by a local for me:

rack1xk6.jpg

Corner shot of the rack (trying to show the beautiful burl redwood):

rack2lj2.jpg

Close up of the glass hanging display:

case1mu0.jpg

Side shot of a display case:

case2qn0.jpg

HERES MY COINS!

All of the 1st's are in a binder EXCEPT my GSA coin- It wasnt at home...it still sits right by me or yesterday I took it with me in my bag (dont ask me?)

This pic is of all my coins- the only ones that are not here are coins that I have set aside for FTF prizes or activation, and a little box of my triples. The little brown box is all of my doubles for trade or release as well. The box with the mailers is also doubles and was my original storage before the Binder pages.

76f9c8d6-d46a-432d-ac93-18068829950b.jpg

Here all my 1st's spread out so you can see all them...Not too many rare coins, but I love them all.

64bde3cb-bdd5-4f41-8187-8e4784903989.jpg

I forgot to take a pic of my dart board- It has all my pins on it. I have afew coin always on my shelf at work too that I can just grab and say "this is a geocoin- pretty cool eh?"

Thought I'd share. I have a wall-hanging display case where I keep about 100 geocoins. The rest are in coin flips in coin pages in binders. The case has a hinged glass-panel door which keeps the coins dust-free. I also like it because I get to see the coins whenever I walk into the room and I can easily take one out and turn it over.

Here's the whole case...

Case0Whole.jpg

Here's a close-up of the top rows...

Case1Top.jpg

The middle rows...

Case2Middle.jpg

And the bottom rows...

Case3Bottom.jpg

Gawd! Some extremely massive collections and very impressive displays. The thought of owning so many coins that it would require a display just makes me quiver all over. Gettin there one coin at a time. Keep them fotos coming and show off what ya got, thats what them coins are for right.

Peace

We have tried a few things with our growing collection. So far I think we are going to go with the foam and baseball card size holders in zipper binders. I like the bigger card size holders with the little velco circles to hold them in also. The foam cutouts are much neater, but take more time. Sitting at around 100 coins to transfer. Well, better get going on them.