cache bag

eddyokie

Depends on how far from the car.

For those within sight of the car a 1 gallon freezer Ziploc is my bag of choice. Cheap and replaceable.

For slightly longer walks or light hiking, I have a largish fanny pack that can hold a bottle of water or two as well as my swag and a first aid kit and flashlight with the cache repair kit. And some weather dependant items.

For longer walks/hikes in the country I have a nice daypack with all the gear I could want for an extended day away from everything.

All in the Jeep for easy access.

We stopped into a Goodwill store and looked for purses. backpacks and such. For one dollar we found an over the shoulder canvas bag with two zippered sections that was big enough for screw driver needle nose pliers. log book pens and pencils swag in a baggie replacement baggies cell phone replacement logs extra batteries and a few set up micro caches.

I took a suggestion from an above poster and checked my local Goodwill store for a backpack.. Lo and behold I find a Camelbak for $2.99. It was still in the original packaging and the seal hadn't even been broken on the mouthpiece!! Holds 2 liters of water, many pockets for storage. I love it, thanks for the tip!

Edited by Icyjane

I took a suggestion from an above poster and checked my local Goodwill store for a backpack.. Lo and behold I find a Camelbak for $2.99. It was still in the original packaging and the seal hadn't even been broken on the mouthpiece!! Holds 2 liters of water, many pockets for storage. I love it, thanks for the tip!

Happy to you! We all can help if we put our mind to it.

Just got a 3,5,7 irons from goodwill for $3. nice walking sticks and reason to be out.

one of my sons old backpacks works great, with separate zip locks for big vs. small items, etc...

And speaking of Goodwill: I have bought several used Igloo 1/2 gallon water jugs and converted in to cache containers along with old thermos containers, only 99 cents each! Thank goodness for Goodwill!

For short trail hikes and just keeping my cache gear together I bought a Lumbar Pack from Mountainsmith. It holds two water bottles and has space for everything I need: first aid kit & pocket survival kit from Adventure Medical Kits, folding knife, leatherman, headlamp, flashlight, hemostats (for those hard to extract logs) extra batteries, and cache repair items. Can be worn "fanny pack style" or carried over the shoulder. I absolutely love it.

When I start spending longer days on the trail for caching, I'll invest in a proper day pack.

Driver Carries Cache

(madmike)