Search & Rescue Dog Geocoin

The Toogood Family

I have to admit I did look twice (and more) at the price as other UK coins have not been that much. But as it's charity and only 10 miles down the road - I agree. Coins ordered and paid for.

Sue

Thanks for your order.

Where do you get your coins from?

I buy mine from a UK Geocaching online shop where most full size coins are £7 or £7.50!

Sad to say that the exact same coins on the UK Geocaching online web site can be cheaper to buy from the US online sites (well most of them anyway :) ) It does help to purchase multiple coins at a time to reduce shipping. Extras then used for trade or purchase as a group to cut down on postage. Must admit the extra coins I buy must get dizzy as often they get traded back to the US :)

Currently looking at our own coin costs and thinking it's going to be cheaper to have them distributed from the US so we don't get hit with the 17.5% VAT on importing the coins into the UK. So although shipping will be more for non US all in all it may be cheaper. Or head off to the european guys for production.

We can chat this over when you drop off the coins if you wish.

Sue

Berkshire SAR Dogs Geocoin Update

I have received a photo of how the coins will look and will be receiving shortly the first coins for me to approve!!

You can view these photos by going to http://www.k9-sar.com/shop/geocoin.html

195 left to buy, so please pass the word around.

I will keep you all updated as we go!

Thanks

Daryl Toogood

Chairman

Berkshire Search & Rescue Dogs

www.k9-sar.com

Was wondering what the status is on these coins.

I paid for them over two months ago (April 7). I'm not trying to be cranky, but at about the two-month mark I start to wonder what's going on.

Please give us an update and expected outlook on when these coins will start shipping. Can't wait to see 'em!

Due to an error in shipping the coins from the mint to me, they have ended up at a different address.

The production company have agreed to send out all of the USA coins for me today, where as the UK coins won’t get to me for a further two weeks.

Please email me to let me know that you have received them.

Many Thanks

Daryl Toogood

www.k9-sar.com

Due to an error in shipping the coins from the mint to me, they have ended up at a different address.

The production company have agreed to send out all of the USA coins for me today, where as the UK coins won’t get to me for a further two weeks.

Please email me to let me know that you have received them.

Many Thanks

Daryl Toogood

www.k9-sar.com

Darryl, I admire your patience with all the hiccups you have had along the way with this order, I am sure the coins are worth the wait though.

They are really lovely coins; I have one here on my desk right now.

Another hiccup or two to add to the list... the custom icon is not live yet... we're looking into why it hasn't been 'turned on'.

The ampersand is showing as '&amp:' on the coin name when it's activated.

For now, to fix this, what you need to do is select the coin name, delete the '&' symbol and then re-type it. Then it will show properly. I'm going to ask Groundspeak if this can be fixed at their end. I've seen this once before on another client's coin and so I'll see if we can kill two birds with one stone and get them both fixed.

The ampersand is showing as '&:' on the coin name when it's activated.

For now, to fix this, what you need to do is select the coin name, delete the '&' symbol and then re-type it. Then it will show properly. I'm going to ask Groundspeak if this can be fixed at their end. I've seen this once before on another client's coin and so I'll see if we can kill two birds with one stone and get them both fixed.

I've seen this for any coin that has a character that needs to be "escaped" to be embedded in an HTML document. You don't even have to edit and retype the text, just click the link to edit and submit without making a change, it will still correct the & amp; to be the &

But I guess if GS can fix the problem on their end, that'd be even better! :anicute:

Edited by dflye

Hi Darryl

Looking at your post on the 2 Sep you stated

The coins have arrived with me today!

I will get them out to you this week!!

As yet I have not received my coins. :blink:

Could you please let me know if you have posted them? As I have not received them and I fear they might have gone missing in the post.

If this is the case may I suggest contacting the Royal Mail and make a claim?

If you have yet to post them all is well and I will sit back and wait as I know this has been beset with problems and I am very content to wait. ;)

Thanks and keep up the good work with the SAR (am an old member of a team myself).

Monkhouse Snr

:)

Firstly let me apologies for the delay in sending out the coins.

Shortly after they arrived in the UK my Hard Drive Crashed resulting in me having to get it repaired, needless to say my PC went to two repair shops and then back to the manufacturer as it wasn’t just the hard drive!

I have just got it back but have lost my database.

I have been through the PayPal history and have sent out today all of the coins ordered 1st Class Post– hopefully I haven’t sent out any duplicate orders.

Once again, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Daryl Toogood

Chairman