GeoCoin

deafnut

:rolleyes: ok i am deaf and newibe to this i want you guy understand this just a topice ... if you wan to give this geocoin for free pleease e mail me deafmagician@hotmail.com i will give you my adress . i am in alaska so please i am doing for deaf people i am deaf if you don't belivee me go to youtube.com and look at deaf geocaching you will see me sign i am doing for alaska please send me un acctivtcce code geocoin and i will give to who are very new to this .. i will do flim it .. then put up at youtube.com please havee a commet to this. thank you God Bless You

COME ON PEOPLE SAY SOMETHING ?

Hello Defhunt,

I am not trying to sound rude but I am a little confused as to what you are asking, are you just looking for someone to give you a free coin or wanting to trade for one? Also what do you mean by film it? Just looking for a little clarification.

Jake

i am look for free coin to supportt deaf people to understand geocaching

Ok, first off, I'll say already that I don't collect geocoins, so one way or another, I'd be unable to give you any.

However, I would like to give you some advice. You have 4 posts on this message board. All of them in this topic. The very first thing you said to introduce yourself was ask people to give you free stuff because you have a disability.

My advice: if you want people to take you seriously as a) a geocacher, B) someone in need of free things, c) someone deserving of said free things, then you might want to try to at least establish yourself on the board before asking for free stuff.

For example... go into the 'getting started' forum. Post a reply or two in geocaching topics. Peruse the board, maybe reply in geocoin topics if you're interested in them. Maybe find a geocache before you ask for free geocaching memorabilia.

I'm sorry, but as of right now, you either sound like a scam artist looking to get free stuff, or someone using their disability solely to get free stuff. In either case... I'd highly suggest trying to immerse yourself in geocaching and maybe go to a local geocaching gathering event before requesting free items. In fact, you'd have a significantly better chance of getting to either see, get, or trade geocoins at an event than here.

Ok, first off, I'll say already that I don't collect geocoins, so one way or another, I'd be unable to give you any.

However, I would like to give you some advice. You have 4 posts on this message board. All of them in this topic. The very first thing you said to introduce yourself was ask people to give you free stuff because you have a disability.

My advice: if you want people to take you seriously as a) a geocacher, :rolleyes: someone in need of free things, c) someone deserving of said free things, then you might want to try to at least establish yourself on the board before asking for free stuff.

For example... go into the 'getting started' forum. Post a reply or two in geocaching topics. Peruse the board, maybe reply in geocoin topics if you're interested in them. Maybe find a geocache before you ask for free geocaching memorabilia.

I'm sorry, but as of right now, you either sound like a scam artist looking to get free stuff, or someone using their disability solely to get free stuff. In either case... I'd highly suggest trying to immerse yourself in geocaching and maybe go to a local geocaching gathering event before requesting free items. In fact, you'd have a significantly better chance of getting to either see, get, or trade geocoins at an event than here.

My greatest Sorry . i did not mean to acct likee disabaity and next time don"t ever stay thata . that makee deaf piss so i am verey egaer about it . and willing to get a tatte about it i have stuggled in aalaska to try find one not even one but coled to but not even one i a,m very sorry forgibve and good bye

What's your location in Alaska? I get up there whenever I can. If my wife were game, I'd live up there, but you know what they say about keeping the wife happy.

I can't in good conscience give away a geocoin to a geocacher that hasn't ever found or placed a geocache, or really done anything geocaching related except for asking for geocoins (as far as I can tell from your profile). Here's my offer. I'm coming to Alaska for about 3 weeks in June/July. If you want to go find a geocache, I'll take you and help you find it. After you've successfully found a geocache, and I've verified that you really do want to be a geocacher, and are the person you say you are, I'll give you one of my personal coins as well as an Original Stash coin. Alaska is a big state. I won't be traveling through all of it, but I will be moving around a lot while I'm up there, so state your location and I'll see if I can make a pass. If you happen to be in a location that I'm not visiting, I'd bet I can hook you up with a local cacher to take you out caching, or find an event for you in your area. If I can verify through an established cacher that you've engaged in geocaching activities, then I'll find a coin to send you (the personal and Stash coins are only if you find a cache with me). The coins are on the table; your call.

Best wishes. -RD (go Wings!)

I am curios.

I am disabled and have had to overcome many things.

Geocaching is one of the best ways I found to keep me active.

I am curios as well to what country you are from because of spelling.

Here is a great tool.

SPELL CHECK

It would help others to understand if we could make a better communication effort.

Alaska is also a very rough place to cache most of the time and I would focus on the easy ones first.

Everyone is here to help you in any way we can so do not be offended by some of our questions.

We are just trying to learn more about you and what we can do to help.

Charles

What's your location in Alaska? I get up there whenever I can. If my wife were game, I'd live up there, but you know what they say about keeping the wife happy.

I can't in good conscience give away a geocoin to a geocacher that hasn't ever found or placed a geocache, or really done anything geocaching related except for asking for geocoins (as far as I can tell from your profile). Here's my offer. I'm coming to Alaska for about 3 weeks in June/July. If you want to go find a geocache, I'll take you and help you find it. After you've successfully found a geocache, and I've verified that you really do want to be a geocacher, and are the person you say you are, I'll give you one of my personal coins as well as an Original Stash coin. Alaska is a big state. I won't be traveling through all of it, but I will be moving around a lot while I'm up there, so state your location and I'll see if I can make a pass. If you happen to be in a location that I'm not visiting, I'd bet I can hook you up with a local cacher to take you out caching, or find an event for you in your area. If I can verify through an established cacher that you've engaged in geocaching activities, then I'll find a coin to send you (the personal and Stash coins are only if you find a cache with me). The coins are on the table; your call.

I am not sure right i am live back and forawrd right now i live anchorage during summer i am livling in fairbank(NORTH POLE)

I have gotten five emails from this guy for free geocoins to set free in Alaska. Every time I tried asking him a question I just got a new email asking for geocoins. The first one said he saw a post I had to give a free geocoin. I don't ever remember posting one (just yet). Thats when I asked a question. Then the second one I asked a question and the third one. After that I just started deleting them. I did recieve another email from someone saying he just looking to sell on ebay but I am not sure and not going to jump the gun that it is he true intent for the geocoins. Just after getting emails about wanting free coins and never explaining when I asked what he was talking about. Just sounded fishy to me. I am not sure what to think of this forum at this point in time. Maybe with some straight answers I will know what to do better.

edit to add: After I posted this and went to check my emails again. I had another email from this cacher. This time wanting to be part of a mission. I explained to him that it was past the date to join the mission. Then explained the mission to him. Knowing he has no geocoins that it wouldn't be right for him to join the mission and get free coins and not send any. Also I have to agree with everyone that has posted here about buying some coins and trading them. I sent sites for you in the email that I replied to from you. I don't know about everyone else but I have to work overtime to get the coins I buy. Since I went from buying a few a pay to a couple hundred dollars a pay. That is time away from my wife, dog, rest, and geocaching just for me to enjoy the collecting of these great coins. Also thanks you tax return for the money to buy my first personal geocoin.

Edited by GeoSmurfz

I'm not going to send you anything. You can buy your own geocoins like everybody else, and then start trading them if you want. What on earth makes you think that everyone is going to start sending you free coins? This is the most giving community that I have ever been involved with, and "free" coins are sent through the mail almost every day, but they are sent to those that deserve them. You have done nothing to show that you deserve coins. You have zero finds, zero hides, and your first impression here was begging for free stuff? Get real.

Here's my advice to you... Stop spending your time looking at geocaching.com on your computer and get out there and actually FIND some caches. Heck, go hide a few too. Then, take those geocoins that you bought with your hard earned money, and stick them into those caches. Make sure that you have all of your buddies with you too, so that they can see what it's all about. Later on, you and your friends can watch those coins that you bought and released travel the world. You'll have so much fun that you may buy some MORE coins.. Of course, you should be finding more and more caches too, and so will your buddies.

Then come back here and ask if anyone wants to trade their coins for yours... Leave your "deaf" story at home, because I KNOW you don't want anyone's pity. You guys hate that right? So just simply ask.. "Hey I have a XXXXX coin for trade, anybody wanna trade me?"

You will get much farther with that approach than you will with your current one. I guarantee it. :sad:

I am not sure right i am live back and forawrd right now i live anchorage during summer i am livling in fairbank(NORTH POLE)

Great, I'll be spending significant time in both Anchorage and FairbankS, as well as everywhere inbetween. Show me that you want to cache, and I'll show you the coins. Balls in your court Deafhunt; call the ball.

Great, I'll be spending significant time in both Anchorage and FairbankS, as well as everywhere inbetween. Show me that you want to cache, and I'll show you the coins. Balls in your court Deafhunt; call the ball.

Hey, is there room in your bags for me?? I would love to go fishing in Alaska :sad: . OOPS, back to your regular scheduled topic :sad: .

Edited by Damenace

P.S. Your title bar would look swell if you changed your "From" field to "Anchorage" instead of "Anchoarge"

Oh and Damenace, sure you can stow away, but I have to pay a fee for bags over 50#, so you'd have to cover the difference. We'll be going after Kings, Silvers, and Halibut this time (of course its hard to avoid a few sea bass and lingcod when fishing for Silvers, so you'd have to be willing to put up with those too). :sad:

Edited by Redwing_dave

I have to agree with "rasj"...

There are plenty of coins out there, available to purchase...see my trading link below. You could start a very nice collection.

Good luck to you and your freinds. Go out and try to find something. You might just decide that "geocaching" is way more fun that trying to collect every geocoin. :sad:

I am curios.

I am disabled and have had to overcome many things.

Geocaching is one of the best ways I found to keep me active.

I am curios as well to what country you are from because of spelling.

Here is a great tool.

SPELL CHECK

It would help others to understand if we could make a better communication effort.

Alaska is also a very rough place to cache most of the time and I would focus on the easy ones first.

Everyone is here to help you in any way we can so do not be offended by some of our questions.

Charles

I am not try to be an apologist for deafhunt nor trying to flame anyone. His use of written English (grammar and spelling) is typical of the Deaf. American Sign Language is likely his first language which is a visual language, so there will be things that get "lost in translation" when writing. There is also the tendancy to be fairly direct (some say blunt) when communicating. These are best descibed as cultural differences vs. disability. I hope this helps.

Edited by D@nim@l

Wow. Some of these posts are amazing for such a giving and understanding community. I think this individual is a student and perhaps needs a little guidance.

Great! We have a volunteer. So what have you decided to pony up and send him for free then?

Myself personally won't be sending him anything. Start finding caches and show an interest in the sport and we will go from there. Caching is about the caches not the coins. This is a side game to the larger game.

P.S. Your title bar would look swell if you changed your "From" field to "Anchorage" instead of "Anchoarge"

Oh and Damenace, sure you can stow away, but I have to pay a fee for bags over 50#, so you'd have to cover the difference. We'll be going after Kings, Silvers, and Halibut this time (of course its hard to avoid a few sea bass and lingcod when fishing for Silvers, so you'd have to be willing to put up with those too). :)

So what are you saying I'm a Bag or I am over 50#'s :sad::sad: ?

I don't beleive it at all.

Look at the log for this one "find"...he claims to have found it but didn't sign the log at all...and will return later to sign?

Mind you, this is only hours after people responded not in the way he might have wanted in his request. Most said they didn't trust anyone with zero finds/hides...now all of a sudden he has a find...but with no log signature?

Someone up there in Alaska should verify this.

Sounds shady to me.

I have never met a deaf person yet that parades around that they are deaf...seems odd he does.

I FOUND IT I FOUND THE ANCHORAGE TB HOTEL AND I AM THE FRIST ONE IN HISTORY THAT DEAF HAVE NOT DO GEOCACHING . I AM !!!!!!

I'm pretty sure there are other deaf cachers...there was talk several months ago of a sign language coins. You can search the archives to get more information about it. Maybe it can be the first coin you buy.

Charles

Not to be disrespectful in anyway but I live in Alaska and I am wondering how Alaska can be a rough place to cache. Most of the caches are placed in the cities just like in the lower 48. The caches placed in the wilderness are found by only a handful of cachers who live up in AK, me being one of the few who actually look for caches outside the cities (Fairbanks and Anchorage). The caches in the rough areas you are refering too are some of the best cache finds in Alaska.

Cache on.

I do believe that there are Geocachers that are deaf. Shoot I take a guy from work that is M.R. but I don't come on here talking about it like it is special or anything. He has Autism and hates long noises so being where it is quite is nice for him and me. He enjoyes the quite and I enjoy the cache. It might sound weird but he is like my best friend even though he can't say words but I understand him. But to come on here and talk about being deaf and wanting free geocoins sounds kinda fishy to me thats all I am saying. So I agree with Arthur & Trillian.

His use of written English (grammar and spelling) is typical of the Deaf. American Sign Language is likely his first language which is a visual language, so there will be things that get "lost in translation" when writing. There is also the tendancy to be fairly direct (some say blunt) when communicating. These are best descibed as cultural differences vs. disability. I hope this helps.

Although I don't doubt this is true, being deaf certainly doesn't account for a complete lack of coertesy and begging for free things from people they've never spoken to or communicated with before. I'm relatively certain that like all decent people, they would be taught when they're young that begging people on the street for free stuff is generally considered to be in poor taste.

Although deafhunt... congrats on finally finding a geocache. Although, I honestly can't see how geocoins are more important and entertaining than geocaching itself. Then again, I'm not a coin collector, so I may be wrong with some :laughing:.

But you know... you can see if a geocache near you contains a geocoin, at which point you can go to that geocache and look at and log the coin. However, be sure to put it back in another cache shortly after that. Those ones aren't meant to keep. But hey... you get to look at and feel it and play with it for a bit, anyway :}

His use of written English (grammar and spelling) is typical of the Deaf. American Sign Language is likely his first language which is a visual language, so there will be things that get "lost in translation" when writing. There is also the tendancy to be fairly direct (some say blunt) when communicating. These are best descibed as cultural differences vs. disability. I hope this helps.

Although I don't doubt this is true, being deaf certainly doesn't account for a complete lack of coertesy and begging for free things from people they've never spoken to or communicated with before. I'm relatively certain that like all decent people, they would be taught when they're young that begging people on the street for free stuff is generally considered to be in poor taste.

Although deafhunt... congrats on finally finding a geocache. Although, I honestly can't see how geocoins are more important and entertaining than geocaching itself. Then again, I'm not a coin collector, so I may be wrong with some :laughing: .

But you know... you can see if a geocache near you contains a geocoin, at which point you can go to that geocache and look at and log the coin. However, be sure to put it back in another cache shortly after that. Those ones aren't meant to keep. But hey... you get to look at and feel it and play with it for a bit, anyway :}

i know i got poor taste and i am still learning about geocacching and i am still happy about and i know i was worng but i am doing right for my deaf commity so thhey will learn how to see and feel about sport so they will undertsand it . btu i am ding for my roommate . it that was my staff . he ask me which hee try to tell me and i told him about that so hee say THAT so i wenett theere to check it out so it was nice but i wikll go geeocache if they have coin or not i am still go for it

Edited by deafhunt

Hi deafhunt (waves from Fairbanks)!

Check out the GeocacheAlaska! website and click on the "Forums" button on the left hand side of the page and join your fellow Alaskans over there. We also have a chat room.

GeocacheAlaska! also has micromosquito geocoins for sale starting at $5.50 each and some of us also just started a Mosquito Race that will go until December 1. Details about the race and coins may also be found in the GeocacheAlaska! forums.

Best regards,

Ladybug Kids

Edited by Ladybug Kids

On January 28, 1986 at the age of 3 1/2 my son died. It rocked my world is ways that can not be described with the english language and changed me forever. Unfortunately that was also the day the space shuttle Challenger blew up and suffice it to say my personal torment that day was completely overshadowed by the national disaster that was also taking place. I truely felt alone and I largely felt that my sons death meant little if anything to others given the circumstances of that fateful day that is etched so deep in my conscious.

Playing on your sympathy maybe I can convince you to give me that Lackey coin because of the torment I went through the day my son was called home. It is a coin I would personally love to own for myself. Even better yet send me some coins I can put in the wild or even better still coins to hand to new cachers face to face just so I can enjoy their reaction.

Seriously though . . . . you keep that coin and enjoy it. Feel blessed that someone with a very kind heart gave you that coin and treasure it. Just quit talking about your deafness, I for one am tired of hearing about it. (No pun intended). I am sorry you are deaf, we all get dealt the cards we get dealt. If this seems insensitive, so be it but trust me this is not my intention. The point I am desperately trying real hard to impress upon you is we all l have our crosses to bear and we all have our personal torments that need to be dealt with, so get on with it.

So now go out and geocache, it is a fun sport, find caches and be grateful you are able to "walk" to them and even "see" them. Find coins and TB's in caches you can move and be grateful you can "handle and feel" them and have the mental capacity to log them. Unlike you, I don't see your deafness as a handicap or an obstacle to participating in geocaching in the least bit. So find a geocaching event in your area and get hooked up with some fellow geocachers you can go out geohunting with, whether they can hear or not.

Peace

jAY miLLS

On January 28, 1986 at the age of 3 1/2 my son died. It rocked my world is ways that can not be described with the english language and changed me forever. Unfortunately that was also the day the space shuttle Challenger blew up and suffice it to say my personal torment that day was completely overshadowed by the national disaster that was also taking place. I truely felt alone and I largely felt that my sons death meant little if anything to others given the circumstances of that fateful day that is etched so deep in my conscious.

Playing on your sympathy maybe I can convince you to give me that Lackey coin because of the torment I went through the day my son was called home. It is a coin I would personally love to own for myself. Even better yet send me some coins I can put in the wild or even better still coins to hand to new cachers face to face just so I can enjoy their reaction.

Seriously though . . . . you keep that coin and enjoy it. Feel blessed that someone with a very kind heart gave you that coin and treasure it. Just quit talking about your deafness, I for one am tired of hearing about it. (No pun intended). I am sorry you are deaf, we all get dealt the cards we get dealt. If this seems insensitive, so be it but trust me this is not my intention. The point I am desperately trying real hard to impress upon you is we all l have our crosses to bear and we all have our personal torments that need to be dealt with, so get on with it.

So now go out and geocache, it is a fun sport, find caches and be grateful you are able to "walk" to them and even "see" them. Find coins and TB's in caches you can move and be grateful you can "handle and feel" them and have the mental capacity to log them. Unlike you, I don't see your deafness as a handicap or an obstacle to participating in geocaching in the least bit. So find a geocaching event in your area and get hooked up with some fellow geocachers you can go out geohunting with, whether they can hear or not.

Peace

jAY miLLS

sORRY TTO HEAR THAT :laughing: I AM VERY SORRY . I have should not say that i am verydisgraace wheen i saya that please forgive my heart.

Peace

jAY miLLS

sORRY TTO HEAR THAT :laughing: I AM VERY SORRY . I have should not say that i am verydisgraace wheen i saya that please forgive my heart.

Don't be sorry we all got to deal with life on lifes terms. You miss the point of my post. Go out and live and enjoy geocachign without putting the emphasis on your deafness. At least you are able to participate in geocaching. NM, I am sorry you got off on the wrong foot here. I don't think there is anything I can say that hasn't already been said. Good luck.

Peace

jAY miLLS

Peace

jAY miLLS

Don't be sorry we all got to deal with life on lifes terms. You miss the point of my post. Go out and live and enjoy geocachign without putting the emphasis on your deafness. At least you are able to participate in geocaching. NM, I am sorry you got off on the wrong foot here. I don't think there is anything I can say that hasn't already been said. Good luck.

Peace

jAY miLLS

you say what i have on my hand now is my ?

Peace

jAY miLLS

Peace

jAY miLLS

you say what i have on my hand now is my ?

What you try to say ?