north florida style cache

buggydawg

I don't know but the ones here seem much like the ones in Biloxi that I did :blink:

I'm hoping that was meant to be complimentary. :laughing:

I looked at your 3 Biloxi-area finds, and 2 of them were quality non-micros in one of our nicer parks (I just found 'em last week myself), and the other was a multi-micro I haven't done yet, but was hidden by one of our best hiders in a great location (the Katrina Memorial).

We do have a hider who has been placing micros in less-than-interesting locations, but you didn't do any of that person's hides while you were in town.

I have not visited North Florida, but ran across a reference to this type cache. I was wondering if there is a listing of different types of caches available. Where might I find them and what is a Florida Cache?

Hmmm, whoever referred to a "North Florida style cache" could have been referring to Jacksonville, or Pensacola. I'd guess Jacksonville, since that area is more well-known for being the home of LOTS of every different kind of cache, but specifically a large population of micros...while Pensacola doesn't really have a particular known "style" that I'm aware of.

I have not visited North Florida, but ran across a reference to this type cache. I was wondering if there is a listing of different types of caches available. Where might I find them and what is a Florida Cache?

It's meaningless (except perhaps, in the mind of the person who wrote it). I've seen lots of references to _______ style caches (fill in the blank with the town/region of your choice), but you'll never get a consensus on what it means.

In defense to the OP... I have also heard of the "North Flordia" style of caches, but I have no idea what is different about them because I have never found them.

When I think about North Florida, I think 4WD, mud, water, and ennnnnndlessss palmettos. :laughing:

Florida Style has always been in, on, around, under a palmetto.

In defense to the OP... I have also heard of the "North Flordia" style of caches, but I have no idea what is different about them because I have never found them.

When I think about North Florida, I think 4WD, mud, water, and ennnnnndlessss palmettos. :laughing:

Florida Style has always been in, on, around, under a palmetto.

The palmettos weren't endless, we got out of them after 10 hours of caching :blink: . As a North Florida cacher, "North Florida" style might be refering to one of our many over-the-top camo caches (both micro and full sized) or it might be a reference to what we refer to locally as "Jacksonville style" (think statuary proctology). But as stated earlier, there is really no consensus anywhere on what an "X" style hide means.

Ha, my first ever cache WAS in a palmetto :laughing: I was FTF on it, too.

As for my comment about the caches in Mississippi, they were fine. The Katrina Memorial cache was really cool and the two I found in the park was fine as well. Well, one of them has since been moved, and that's the one you commented about.

I just got back from Florida a few weeks ago and I will tell ya...those florida caches are tough.

Up north here in Massachusetts most hides 95% are hidden under a pile of rotting sticks or logs or in a rock wall.

I visited an area where it was loaded with micros. Port Charolette. I thought I wouldnt enjoy easy lame micro hides but you know what.....Most of them were not your average micro. Certainly not lame either. I saw hides that I have NEVER seen before in my life...very tough caches to find if you have never seen that type of hide before...great camo and lots of DNF's for me. A total of 14 DNF's (how embarrasing!) I dont give in easily...each DNF cost me about 1 hour of my time.

The ones I did find I was simply amazed. The thought and energy that went into these micro caches were incredible. Lots of custom made cache containers. Smaller than a nano cache! Needle in a haystack.

Fear the Florida Micro! :)

I just got back from Florida a few weeks ago and I will tell ya...those florida caches are tough.

Up north here in Massachusetts most hides 95% are hidden under a pile of rotting sticks or logs or in a rock wall.

I visited an area where it was loaded with micros. Port Charolette. I thought I wouldnt enjoy easy lame micro hides but you know what.....Most of them were not your average micro. Certainly not lame either. I saw hides that I have NEVER seen before in my life...very tough caches to find if you have never seen that type of hide before...great camo and lots of DNF's for me. A total of 14 DNF's (how embarrasing!) I dont give in easily...each DNF cost me about 1 hour of my time.

The ones I did find I was simply amazed. The thought and energy that went into these micro caches were incredible. Lots of custom made cache containers. Smaller than a nano cache! Needle in a haystack.

Fear the Florida Micro! :unsure:

Hello from a fellow Mass. cacher! I live in Carver and so far found 3 caches with one of my sons..

Ray

Fear the Florida Micro! :unsure:

Cool! I'm going to Florida next week for a golf outing, and figured on grabbing some micros in the off-course moments I'll have. Maybe they won't be so quick to grab after all! Either way, it gets me OUT of the snow in Michigan, yay!

Miz :grin:

:grin: