Milestone Congratulations

nikcap

:)

Don't blink an eye folks.. cause if you do then you might just miss him!!!

IMSpider blows right past #1300 on Monday, June 12th at RufusTFirefly & Spadge's "Holly's Kennel" (GCT724).

And get this.. the topic starter for this message thread - ekitt10 - started this less than 6 months ago when IMSpider was still at find #200. That's over a thousand caches found in less than half a year.

Like I said - don't blink.. cause ya might miss him.

Impressive -- CONGRATS!!!

:):):)

:)

Don't blink an eye folks.. cause if you do then you might just miss him!!!

IMSpider blows right past #1300 on Monday, June 12th at RufusTFirefly & Spadge's "Holly's Kennel" (GCT724).

And get this.. the topic starter for this message thread - ekitt10 - started this less than 6 months ago when IMSpider was still at find #200. That's over a thousand caches found in less than half a year.

Like I said - don't blink.. cause ya might miss him.

Impressive -- CONGRATS!!!

:):):)

And he's no youngster either......more power to him! I notice he's lately hitting caches here in Westchester County, I hope he gets to some of our hides (oh wait, he actually did get to one.....).

Edited by HaLiJuSaPa

rstefano52 hits a great milestone - #100 - today, July 4th, 2007. CONGRATS!!!

:unsure::)

I hope that I'm not messing this up but THANKS for the post! I didn't even realize this was here until it was pointed out to me. I want to thank all my "friends" who helped me along the way - I could not have reached this goal without their help and patience.

Check out CCCooperAgency (I hope I got that right!). You'll really be awed......

Sometimes, one must take some claims with a grain of salt. Sometimes, there is a credibility gap...

Stayfloopy, I trust. I even believe my brother with his over-4400 finds! (I've seen him at work. Of course, it would be quite different if he actually worked...)

Others? Well, that's up to you to decide. Wish I had the time and money. Oh, well.

rstefano52 hits a great milestone - #100 - today, July 4th, 2007. CONGRATS!!!

:(;)

I hope that I'm not messing this up but THANKS for the post! I didn't even realize this was here until it was pointed out to me. I want to thank all my "friends" who helped me along the way - I could not have reached this goal without their help and patience.

Congrats to you! We find by cute coincidence (such as this Labor Day weekend) that we share some "out of towner" logs with you on some Hazleton, PA area caches since like you we visit the area from time to time (you probably more often than us though). Our 50th (and first out-of-state find other than our very first 2 we did when intro'd to caching by family in NC) was at a cache over there back during the July 4 '06 period.

Edited by HaLiJuSaPa

Noticed while going through the logs of one of our hides that Behistun has hit #300! While he's not in the forums and probably won't see this, he's a very nice guy (met him at the Central Park event) who has become a major "find force" with his wife and nieces in the Bronx, Westchester and the lower Hudson Valley (I believe his 300th was at a cache in Fahenstock State Park in Putnam County); and has a large number of FTFs of Bronx and southern Westchester caches in the past year.

Congrats to you!

Edited by HaLiJuSaPa

I really don't want to blow my own horn but for what it's worth - I reached my 200th find over the weekend. I was out caching with my brother - who introduced me to this sport and we made sure that I was going to hit my 200th cache while we were out no Saturday. It was a good feeling and I hope to get more as time goes on. Naturally, I didn't stop and just yesterday, I have picked up 5 more so I'm on my way to the next milestone. This Thursday, I will be traveling to Salt Lake City to be with my wife at her nurse's convention - I hope to add a few SLC caches to my list of finds.

A funny thing happened over the weekend that I thought I would share and give you all something to think about. Without getting "preachy", when I was in church over the weekend the theme of the sermon had to do with how much effort we put into going after "perishable crowns" when we should be putting more effort into going after the "unperishable crown"! I will leave it at that but it's something to think about as we all go after these milestones!

CONGRATULATIONS SPIDER DAD!

Back when I lived in Caldwell, I would often take a walk on Garritt mountain on the weekends. Since Imspider lives on the mountain there were times I would meet up with him and we would walk together. One day I showed up at his house and he was so excited about something he had found in the park. We immediately set off to where it was located so he could share his find with me. I was curious; his enthusiasm was infectious. When he relocated the cache, with me as his part-time sidekick, he discovered the log and signed it. The addiction was born, and now it is far more exciting to go hiking with him on the weekends because it is always a new adventure.

I really don't want to blow my own horn but for what it's worth - I reached my 200th find over the weekend. I was out caching with my brother - who introduced me to this sport and we made sure that I was going to hit my 200th cache while we were out no Saturday. It was a good feeling and I hope to get more as time goes on. Naturally, I didn't stop and just yesterday, I have picked up 5 more so I'm on my way to the next milestone. This Thursday, I will be traveling to Salt Lake City to be with my wife at her nurse's convention - I hope to add a few SLC caches to my list of finds.

A funny thing happened over the weekend that I thought I would share and give you all something to think about. Without getting "preachy", when I was in church over the weekend the theme of the sermon had to do with how much effort we put into going after "perishable crowns" when we should be putting more effort into going after the "unperishable crown"! I will leave it at that but it's something to think about as we all go after these milestones!

Wow I was reading this and saying "didn't I just congrat about your 100th find with my comment on Hazleton, PA caches, etc."? That was less than a month (and 6 forum posts) ago! Well, congrats on #200! I guess next time I look at this thread I'll congratulate you on your 300th :lol: We're trying to get there ourselves, though our current estimate is sometime in early '08 at the current pace we're able to go out and find (200 that is, maybe we'll get to 300 when the kids are older :P:laughing: )

Edited by HaLiJuSaPa

Just out of curiosity - is there an easy way to "monitor" the numbers of my friends? I very often see congratulations posted and I don't know how people find out without actually going to view each person's profile. Is there a way to set up a notification when a milestone is reached?

As far as I know, no. But I'm not sure it's always people looking at profiles. It may be that someone who does a lot of caches is logging a cache you recently logged and they see a "milestone number" for number of finds next to your log (or one just past it, like say "1001 found" so then they go into the profile to figure out the cache that produced the milestone). I had become curious about your logs mostly because it was interesting to see someone else from the greater NYC area hitting caches in Rock Glen, PA etc. etc.