Paintball Event

How many ppl would be interested in a paint ball event? It would be held just outside Edinburgh

It could be a half day or a whole day and would cost about £35 for the full and £15 for the half day. For that price you would get:

Full day:

6 Games minimum**

Latest Semi Automatic Paint ball Gun

Free Gas

Full Camouflage Overalls

Goggle & Face Mask.

FREE Tea & Coffee

plus 400 PAINTBALLS

Half day:

6 Games minimum**

Latest Semi Automatic Paintball Gun

Free Gas

Full Camouflage Overalls

Goggle & Face Mask

FREE Tea & Coffee

plus 100 PAINTBALLS

Extra paintballs are £8 for 100

Smoke Grenades from £2.50 (Over 18's only)

Paint Grenades from £3.00 (Over 18's only)

Armored gloves £7.00

They can include a lunch for £5 each or you can bring your own..

If there is enough interest I will start getting it organized

CD

Sounds like fun but bear in mind it can't be classified as a Geocaching event so you won't get any smileys, just a few bruises :P !!

Can't we class it as an event if playing is optional but sitting around the hut out of the playing area is also an option?

Count me in, probably for a half day!

Link to the event page please :P

He is only looking for feedback at the moment, an event page may be a short while yet?

Sounds like fun but bear in mind it can't be classified as a Geocaching event so you won't get any smileys, just a few bruises :) !!

Can't we class it as an event if playing is optional but sitting around the hut out of the playing area is also an option?

That to me sounds as though it would be acceptable, how about it Mr Lacto Sir??

Link to the event page please :P

He is only looking for feedback at the moment, an event page may be a short while yet?

Sounds like fun but bear in mind it can't be classified as a Geocaching event so you won't get any smileys, just a few bruises :) !!

That to me sounds as though it would be acceptable, how about it Mr Lacto Sir??

Already been in e-mail contact with the OP and I reckon we've worked out a way of making it work :)

How about

Geocaching team 1 hide a large target cache as do geocache team 2. These will be difficulty 5 terrain 5 as each team will be able to shoot hunters to defend their caches.

There is a start time. Each team will have defenders and finders. If you are shot you have to retire (or have a timeout) The losing team has a DNF. The winning team is the 1st to shoot the opponants cache.

Cant attend owing to being Southampton based, but would if I could, sounds awesome

Adrian

How about

Geocaching team 1 hide a large target cache as do geocache team 2. These will be difficulty 5 terrain 5 as each team will be able to shoot hunters to defend their caches.

There is a start time. Each team will have defenders and finders. If you are shot you have to retire (or have a timeout) The losing team has a DNF. The winning team is the 1st to shoot the opponants cache.

Cant attend owing to being Southampton based, but would if I could, sounds awesome

Adrian

The paintball I've done around Edinburgh does this as a game - except the cache is a large barrel of several gallons! Great idea!

As per usual if the date agrees then I am in. Note for people with kids, it hurts like mad when you are shot, but it is loads of fun. A thick jacket and thick gloves help a lot.

I would be happy with either, but suspect that a half day may be more convenient for others?

Think I'd need the paintball equivalent of a cruise missile to hit you from down here, Dave. :P

Do you have to be over 18 to go paintballing? I don't think so but I am not sure. I would not let my kids go yet.

I can confirm what HH said it hurts like hell when you get hit, been there done that and I had the bruises for weeks to prove it. <_<

M ;)

I'm sure there were some girls (aged 14 or so) who were paintballing last time I was there. Ms Chizu won't want to actually go paintballing herself but is more than willing to look after kit and kids (and TBs and geocoins!) while other people are playing, if this is an issue. She runs a local guide unit so she's well qualified. Mr Chizu however will be getting covered in paint.

Edited by chizu

I'm not up for the paintballing itself - don' t fancy all the bruising! But if it's possible I will come along and help out in whatever way I can. Between Mrs Chizu and me, we should have enough qualifications to run a children's event! :laughing:

*Mr Chizu coughs and splutters* that'll be Ms, not Mrs Chizu :o

I'm not up for the paintballing itself - don' t fancy all the bruising! But if it's possible I will come along and help out in whatever way I can. Between Mrs Chizu and me, we should have enough qualifications to run a children's event! :o

Ditto re. bruising but Wee Man's Dad might be interested in representing me at such an event! And obviously I can provide a child for FoF and Ms Chizu to entertain :laughing:

Mr Incredible is definately up for it and I'd be willing to give it a go, bruises or otherwise. But to be honest if the boys are too young we'll probably pass. Can't see us getting away with leaving them out. Our oldest, age 11 and practising to be a teenager, is having a strop at the thought of being left out. As AB & FoF have had the pleasure of meeting our little darlings previously they are probably breathing a sigh of relief. :)

We'll watch and see what ends up being sorted out, there maybe a way for the sensible half of the team to get there without the youngsters.