yellowjacket992 ALERT!

GeoDiver/GeoGrammy

A "new" cacher that goes by yellowjacket992 has been logging caches in the Seattle/Tacoma area. Most of his logs are either derogatory or just plain "TFTC". His profile self-claims his high IQ and how this game will be really easy for him.

Several of us who have taken exception to his logs have chcked our caches that he claims to have found and so far, no yellowjacket992 signatures in the caches.

If he has found any of your caches, you may want to check the cache for a signature and then delete his log if there is no signature.

Just thought I'd let folks know this guy doesn't appear to be legit.

GeoDiver

OOPS! I noticed I spelled his name wrong in the topic header...it should be yellowjacket992

Edited by GeoDiver

Well....after looking at some of the logs, etc., there could be lots of scenarios taking place. He or she could be pre-teen, i.e. under 13 years old (from the level of maturity exhibited in his logs for puzzle caches). Or, this person has very low self-esteem (shown by his/her extreme need to impress his/her intelligence to anyone that will listen) - kind of a contradiction though, since most people with high IQ's tend to downplay their intelligence to others...in that case, this person needs sympathy and needs to realize that not everyone judges others poorly simply because they have average or below average intelligence. Anyone that manipulates their stats by logging illegitimate finds really does have low self-esteem and needs to impress anyone that will notice. Anyone that will slight a cache owner's puzzle making ability shows the need to feel superior to others, i.e., another indicator of low self-esteem. So sad :blink: ....frankly, I feel sorry for the little fellow/gal (there are no emoticons for "tongue in cheek").

That's messed up. But looking at it he did find some coins somehow so he had to do some i would think. Guess no one will ever see those coins again. There's always gotta be one in the crowd i guess.

Jayman11

Yes and he seems to have targeted Shebear & Storminn's coins. 4 out of 5 of them are theirs and based on the logs it doesn't look like he's going to let them go despite the rather prominent large font red post on the coins page.

"Thanks for the coin" INDEED

That's messed up. But looking at it he did find some coins somehow so he had to do some i would think. Guess no one will ever see those coins again. There's always gotta be one in the crowd i guess.

Jayman11

Yes and he seems to have targeted Shebear & Storminn's coins. 4 out of 5 of them are theirs and based on the logs it doesn't look like he's going to let them go despite the rather prominent large font red post on the coins page.

"Thanks for the coin" INDEED

And I believe someone generously left all those coins in one cache. yellowjacket992 took them ALL...not just one, leaving the rest for other cachers. That's in the spirit of geocaching...NOT! :blink:

He seems to be very pedantic. I hope he leaves mine alone, as I see he has "found" some of the caches that I have found. We probably should not let him have any attention. :blink:

He seems to be without wit or intelligence. He finished the Cemetery Quest without having logged any of the 10 caches necessary to find the final.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...75-c48e0b545ea4

cheers,

Poppa J

It appears the coins he took where from one of my caches. My condolences to the coin owner. Hopefully he still intends to release them. At least he actually found my cache so I guess not all of his logs can be phony.

Thanks for the warning about this guy Geodiver. One of my other nearby Pt. Defiance caches was muggled on the same day as his "legit" visit. Draw your own conclusions.

:laughing:

Edited by Blue Power Ranger

ya know...i went to see if he signed one of the caches i have done close by and the darn thing has gone missing (but AFTER his visit)...grrr...so im going to see if the other one up the hill from me has his john hancock on it...that would be a bummer if it turns out to be a fib. :laughing: im so sorry to hear about the coins too.

This would probably qualify as a new topic, but it does relate so I'll ask the question here (don't beat me up please). If I was to delete an online log because the finder didn't sign the physical logbook, does the "finder" get a notification that his log has been deleted? - Just curious...

This would probably qualify as a new topic, but it does relate so I'll ask the question here (don't beat me up please). If I was to delete an online log because the finder didn't sign the physical logbook, does the "finder" get a notification that his log has been deleted? - Just curious...

Yes. If you delete a log, the person that posted the log gets a notification.

Yes. If you delete a log, the person that posted the log gets a notification.

I believe I was the first to delete one of yellowjacket992's logs, knowing he would get an auto-notification. I received no response from him questioning why I deleted his log. Since then, many other cache owners have deleted his logs after verifying no signature in the cache. His find numbers have fallen from over 50 finds to currently 35 finds. To my knowledge, he has not responded to or questioned any of those deletions.