Why so long to approve new caches

nwjeeper

I have placed 3 caches now that are always on a favorite Jeep trail, out in the middle of nowhere, not near any railroads or dangerous areas, not on private land and it always takes 3 days for them to be approved. My wife has placed 7 caches, in equally safe areas and hers are always approved in about 14 milliseconds. What gives???? This sucks!!!! What is the hold up???? I usually place caches on a Wednesday and always hope that they will be published by friday so that those going out for the weekend will have a chance to get them. The newest one was placed on Wedneday, submitted on Thursday and still not published as of Saturday night!!! My wife puts one out and it is published about as fast as she can hit the enter key!!!!

Edited by nwjeeper

Obviously your reviewer doesn't like you and puts your caches off for as long as possiable. I suggest you pay them homage via paypal... :o

Actually I really don't know, it might just be that your reviewer only has time to review new caches at certain times of certain days and you happen to keep submiting on the off days. As suggested, you might want to just send them a nice email and ask. Maybe they'll explain their schedule so you can exploit it.

You placed a multicache and didn't put in any waypoints, and didn't include any coordinates in your reviewer notes.

Add your waypoints, be patient. It is a weekend and the volunteers like to ge out and play also.

As far as why your wife's cache get approved quicker, there is no information to base it on so I can only assume that she is better looking than you are. Or more likely a coincedence or your caches are more complex.

Yep, what the moose said. Just to make things even easier, I will paste in part of my little tutorial about additional waypoints.

Can you enter the coordinates for the different multi locations directly onto the cache page? I just want to review all of the points where the cache is located. If you look at the upper right menu of links, you will see "waypoints". Enter them there and make sure that they are "hidden" as needed. I can still see them if they are hidden.

Name each of them the GCXXXX waypoint of the cache followed by "Stage 2", etc., as in "GCXXXX Stage2". Then name the final location's waypoint "GCXXXX FINAL". The Waypoint Lookup Code should be "Stage2", "Stage3", "Final" and so on. The Prefix Code should be something like "S2", "S3", "FC" and so on. Then, make sure you hide the waypoint.

You can also enter parking coordinates or other special places and leave them available for view and people will be able to download them from the cache page and/or get them in their pocket queries.

I have placed 3 caches now that are always on a favorite Jeep trail, out in the middle of nowhere, not near any railroads or dangerous areas, not on private land and it always takes 3 days for them to be approved. My wife has placed 7 caches, in equally safe areas and hers are always approved in about 14 milliseconds. What gives???? This sucks!!!! What is the hold up????

I recommend you contact your Reviewer, and tell him in no uncertain terms how irritated you are with him. Use lots of punctuation and capital letters to really get your point across.

Unpaid volunteers just love it when strangers take them to task for not working fast enough.

As I said in my post in the NW forums on the same subject. It's been a crazy few weeks with the end of summer, the start of school and an exceptionally nice summer. Cache submissions have been running at an all time high. We spent last weekend camping with the family and attending a GeoEvent. I was finally able to sit down and look at caches after we put the boys to bed.

As mtn-man & Moose Mob said having your cache ready for review will certainly speed up the process that includes adding in the additional waypoints, double checking your cache page to make sure everything looks right and checking your coordinates with the maps to make sure they agree. You wouldn't believe how many times we have to change coordinates on caches for people who fat finger the numbers when submitting the cache page.

It may not seem fair that your wife's caches are posted quicker but when we have a large volume of caches in the queue we will clear up the easy ones first and then move on the the harder caches. That allows us to get the bulk of the caches posted first then we can settle in and work on the ones that will take more time.

Edited by Team Misguided