2006 Jeep Tb Rules Discussion

WxGuesser

Ok.. so from reading the rules... i have deduced that:

you can not enter multiple photos of (the same) one jeep for the different months. meaning that for each submission for aug.. it must be different jeep in each photo. ( i suppose they will verify by your logs from the website). and that for the months following august.. you have to take pics of different jeeps... not the one(s) from aug.. am i right?

i have a question... Does the jeep tb tag have to be in the pic? ( ofcourse not the tracking #) I can't find that anywhere.. and i can't find pics from last years contest.

Edited by WxGuesser

I don't think it matters if the TB tag is in the photo or not, but if you are staging a 4-wheeling photo the tag kind of takes away fom the concept.

The Green Jeep Tag number in the photo on all the jeep TB pages is to a Jeep page that has been locked. You cannot log that one. Logging any TB virtually (using the number, never having seen the jeep) can result in a TB page being locked. Do not post photos showing a TB number. Do not give the TB number to someone who will never see the bug.

I don't think it matters if the TB tag is in the photo or not, but if you are staging a 4-wheeling photo the tag kind of takes away fom the concept.

The Green Jeep Tag number in the photo on all the jeep TB pages is to a Jeep page that has been locked. You cannot log that one. Logging any TB virtually (using the number, never having seen the jeep) can result in a TB page being locked. Do not post photos showing a TB number. Do not give the TB number to someone who will never see the bug.

ooh.. daughter was cruising the jeep site and thinks there's some already doing that, sending numbers not the jeep due to distances and time involved.

oh my.

got a question.. about how it says "Take a photo of your travel bug with the goal for the monthly contest in the photo." which to me means the goal needs to be displayed in the photo, but I am assuming what they actually mean is the photo needs to express the goal? (based on photos seen so far)

Edited by laughingcat

Ok.. so from reading the rules... i have deduced that:

you can not enter multiple photos of (the same) one jeep for the different months. meaning that for each submission for aug.. it must be different jeep in each photo. ( i suppose they will verify by your logs from the website). and that for the months following august.. you have to take pics of different jeeps... not the one(s) from aug.. am i right?

i have a question... Does the jeep tb tag have to be in the pic? ( ofcourse not the tracking #) I can't find that anywhere.. and i can't find pics from last years contest.

yeah but.. what if you took the photos then held them until (IF, considering some are sending them out of country etc) you find another jeep, you have a photo ready to go..

Hmmmm??

and yet again..

okay.. I know my son took a photo but it is way bigger than 4MG, so do I need to make him redo that, or can he downsize the photo but otherwise not alter it? Would downsizing it count as altering in other words.

I have no idea why he took a 6MG photo for this. Nidjit. ;)

and yet again..

okay.. I know my son took a photo but it is way bigger than 4MG, so do I need to make him redo that, or can he downsize the photo but otherwise not alter it? Would downsizing it count as altering in other words.

I have no idea why he took a 6MG photo for this. Nidjit. :laughing:

Not a problem, not sure what application you are using to veiw the pic, but you can easily resize the photo and also the quality/resolution. Just save the attempt to resize as a different name, then check the file to see how you did. Just takes some practice.

:laughing:

Lets say I log a GJTB tomorrow but don't submit it until until next month's photo contest (with next month's theme). That doesn't seem to be against the rules. As long as I only enter that bug once it doesn't seem to specify I have to enter it the same month I found it. Anyone interpret that differently?

My personal reccomendation to everyone would be to hit your local Wal-Mart and get your own Green Jeep Rescue from the 'Kids Connection' 2 pack. That way you can have a photo double and take the pics at your liesure without keeping a GJTB out of circulation while you imagine,stage and execute your photo op.

Lets say I log a GJTB tomorrow but don't submit it until until next month's photo contest (with next month's theme). That doesn't seem to be against the rules. As long as I only enter that bug once it doesn't seem to specify I have to enter it the same month I found it. Anyone interpret that differently?

My personal reccomendation to everyone would be to hit your local Wal-Mart and get your own Green Jeep Rescue from the 'Kids Connection' 2 pack. That way you can have a photo double and take the pics at your liesure without keeping a GJTB out of circulation while you imagine,stage and execute your photo op.

IGJoe

That is what I plan to do unless anyone can tell me I can't. No matter how confused I am.

I am taking a GJTB I was sent, take a picture of it now, but enter it in next months theme. You can only submit one picture per TB # but it does not say it has to be submitted in the same month you took the picture.

My question is How many people are going to hord them?

I've seen some hoarding going on already. I've seen a few people that have 3 or more in their possession. The one I received, I released immediately and was hoping whoever grabbed it would do the same, but no luck. It's unfortunate, but what can you do? Some people don't play the game fair. All I can do is if I come across one and grab it, is to release it as soon as possible and give others the opportunity to find one.

How can you possibly call it hoarding when the rules that we signed when receiving the jeep clearly states: two weeks from the begining of the contest, that would make it Aug 14. On my calendar that has not happened yet. And yes ,some of us went to events and received additional jeeps not just the mailed ones. And CoreyNJoey you did not even take a photo to submit to the contest . ( Which is the reason for the jeep contest, you can not win if you do not take a photo) Some of us might be waiting to take that creative photo in order to play the contest game by the rules and figuring out just what photo fits this months theme. Remember the jeeps are the reason for the contest, they are not just ordinary TB's you are supposed to enter photos into the Contest. READ THE RULES. TO TAKE PHOTOS and submit those photos once a month as we find jeeps. Lets get real, and not label anybody as hoarders when the contest has barly begun. Gez get a life, or go caching.

Edited by chstress53

How can you possibly call it hoarding when the rules that we signed when receiving the jeep clearly states: two weeks from the begining of the contest, that would make it Aug 14. On my calendar that has not happened yet. And yes ,some of us went to events and received additional jeeps not just the mailed ones. And CoreyNJoey you did not even take a photo to submit to the contest . ( Which is the reason for the jeep contest, you can not win if you do not take a photo) Some of us might be waiting to take that creative photo in order to play the contest game by the rules and figuring out just what photo fits this months theme. Remember the jeeps are the reason for the contest, they are not just ordinary TB's you are supposed to enter photos into the Contest. READ THE RULES. TO TAKE PHOTOS and submit those photos once a month as we find jeeps. Lets get real, and not label anybody as hoarders when the contest has barly begun. Gez get a life, or go caching.

Well look at the last 2 contest. that is what I'm going by. :huh:

Edited by Buddaman

Wow, did I strike a nerve? Feeling guilty?

Anyhoo, I did submit a photo. My photo was one of the first photos on the site. I released the jeep and got a photo, all on the first day of the contest. Why? So other people who didn't get a jeep in the mail would have a fair chance of playing.

If people want to wait to get that perfect picture or wait to place it in the perfect cache, I have no problem with that. I'm all for people being creative and having fun.

If people want to hoard the jeeps, they're perfectly allowed to do so. There's no rule against it. That doesn't mean I have to like it.

I see a couple questions above and I also don't find the answer on the jeep site. That is do you actually have to have the jeep in your possesion during the month you submit the photo? From other postings I've gathered that the jeeps from last year lasted only for about 4-5 caches so it would seem that the last couple of months it would get hard to find them. So in the next couple of months if I find the 5 different jeeps and take pics can they be submitted in subsequent months? I haven't yet found where they say definitly that you can't.

I have a question - I'm trying to upload a photo of a jeep I received in the mail and put in a cache. When I type in the TB number, it won't let me finish it. For example: if the number was tb11jep, all I can enter is tb11je - it leaves the last letter/number off. Any clues? I've only been caching a few months and thought maybe I missed something. Help! Thanks!!

I have a question - I'm trying to upload a photo of a jeep I received in the mail and put in a cache. When I type in the TB number, it won't let me finish it. For example: if the number was tb11jep, all I can enter is tb11je - it leaves the last letter/number off. Any clues? I've only been caching a few months and thought maybe I missed something. Help! Thanks!!

Are you trying to upload a contest picture or just a normal bug picture?

I haven't tried to upload a contest picture myself but in going to the jeep page and selecting "Upload a Contest Photo Entry" I'm not seeing a place requiring that you enter the tracking number.

"Twin Peaks (UT)" Green Jeep Travel Bug , correct?

For regular photos you can post a new log or select [visit log] on an old posting and then you will see the option to 'upload image'

Otherwise you'll need to tell me where you are entering the number.

Thanks

I see a couple questions above and I also don't find the answer on the jeep site. That is do you actually have to have the jeep in your possesion during the month you submit the photo? From other postings I've gathered that the jeeps from last year lasted only for about 4-5 caches so it would seem that the last couple of months it would get hard to find them. So in the next couple of months if I find the 5 different jeeps and take pics can they be submitted in subsequent months? I haven't yet found where they say definitly that you can't.

LadyBee4T, I don't know, but I have to assume that they aren't really concerned about the fact you found a jeep in August, took a picture, released the jeep and then submitted a picture in September for September's theme. As long as it's one submit per /month/user/etc.

You'd have to ask Jeep for clarification.

Are you trying to upload a contest picture or just a normal bug picture?

I haven't tried to upload a contest picture myself but in going to the jeep page and selecting "Upload a Contest Photo Entry" I'm not seeing a place requiring that you enter the tracking number.

"Twin Peaks (UT)" Green Jeep Travel Bug , correct?

For regular photos you can post a new log or select [visit log] on an old posting and then you will see the option to 'upload image'

Otherwise you'll need to tell me where you are entering the number.

Thanks

When I logged the jeep find (or placement, in this case), below "log your find", was the Upload a contest photo entry link. After clicking on it, I typed in my personal info... name, phone, etc..., clicked submit, and the next page asked for the tb number for verification. It sounds as if I may be able to skip this, right? Thanks for your help!

I don't know, I've never tried it. But according to the rules you can submit a photo without actually finding the Jeep. Of course you have to jump through a few other loops, but you are not going to have the tracking number in that case.

Maybe someone who's submitted one knows. (Maybe they want the reference number?)

So people doing the virtual logging from across the country can get the jeep TB's here locked? :D That just don't seem right. I've seen 1 guy that has virtually logged 14 green jeeps all across the country including here

edit: fat fingers

Edited by TeamBarstool

So people doing the virtual logging from across the country can get the jeep TB's here locked? :D That just don't seem right. I've seen 1 guy that has virtually logged 14 green jeeps all across the country including here

Well, he's cheating. And it's abuse of the system. I don't think they are about to start locking all Jeep TB pages, but the one used in the advertisement was locked because the number was on display. I have no control over owner maintenance of logs on the Jeep TB, I am not about to go searching and guessing which ones are bogus. If there is something blatantly bogus, I would be able to delete the log, but I am not going to become the TB police either, that would be a full time job, with overtime and no holidays and no vacation! It's up to us to be honest in life. Cheaters never win and winners never cheat. When you see him you can take the Jeremy hand signal, turn it sideways so the back of your hand is against your forehead and give him the signal. It should look like a capital L when done properly. :)

So people doing the virtual logging from across the country can get the jeep TB's here locked? :) That just don't seem right. I've seen 1 guy that has virtually logged 14 green jeeps all across the country including here

Well, he's cheating. And it's abuse of the system. I don't think they are about to start locking all Jeep TB pages, but the one used in the advertisement was locked because the number was on display. I have no control over owner maintenance of logs on the Jeep TB, I am not about to go searching and guessing which ones are bogus. If there is something blatantly bogus, I would be able to delete the log, but I am not going to become the TB police either, that would be a full time job, with overtime and no holidays and no vacation! It's up to us to be honest in life. Cheaters never win and winners never cheat. When you see him you can take the Jeremy hand signal, turn it sideways so the back of your hand is against your forehead and give him the signal. It should look like a capital L when done properly. :)

Thats cool. I really don't care if someone is virtually logging them.I don't get the point though. :D

I would hate to see the tb's around here get locked because of some loser 1500 miles from here.

Thanks for clearing that up for me :D

I found my first green jeep today and came on here for information as to the best way to enter and move it along. I will take a picture this weekend (without the # showing) and get it back into the the hunt. I did enter the contest and have logged the find. Cladius Playing fair in MA.

How can you possibly call it hoarding when the rules that we signed when receiving the jeep clearly states: two weeks from the begining of the contest, that would make it Aug 14.

Interesting..you can spout the rules to everyone else, but you don't have to follow them? It's well past the two week period and someone still hasn't released their jeep......

Just in case you guys haven't gotten around to voting for August photos, I wanted to show you my photo and tell you how lucky I was in getting this shot through a magnifying glass, please consider voting 4 it!

[http://www.geocaching.com/track/log.aspx?luid=97b108fc-af71-4239-b897-a607b4bf947b&IID=e28d3fd4-40fb-4ece-b84e-b41cde32bcb4

THANKS!!!!

team Rocket Dog

Well, he's cheating. And it's abuse of the system. I don't think they are about to start locking all Jeep TB pages, but the one used in the advertisement was locked because the number was on display. I have no control over owner maintenance of logs on the Jeep TB, I am not about to go searching and guessing which ones are bogus. If there is something blatantly bogus, I would be able to delete the log, but I am not going to become the TB police either, that would be a full time job, with overtime and no holidays and no vacation! It's up to us to be honest in life. Cheaters never win and winners never cheat. When you see him you can take the Jeremy hand signal, turn it sideways so the back of your hand is against your forehead and give him the signal. It should look like a capital L when done properly. :D

Thats cool. I really don't care if someone is virtually logging them.I don't get the point though. :D

I would hate to see the tb's around here get locked because of some loser 1500 miles from here.

Thanks for clearing that up for me :D

I really don't see what difference it makes if people are logging the TB numbers as finds since the contest is not about finding as many Jeep TB's as possible. They can't enter the photo contest unless they go to the actual cache where it's supposed to be located and take a picture of their GPS with the coords on it if they don't have physical posession of the Jeep. Then they also have to take a picture of the theme without the TB in it and submit it for the contest. It seems like Jeep would WANT the TB # showing in the photo to prove it wasn't an imposter. Also, since people are in the habit of logging TB's as finds even if they didn't come from a cache as was apparent from the recent picnic in our area, it seems like it would likewise be reasonable to log a Jeep that way. At the picnic there was a whole table of TB's and people were just copying the #'s down to record as finds. Seems silly to me since there isn't exactly a challenge involved in picking them up off the table rather than out of a cache, but whatever.