Pocket Query Que

Giggety

I'm new to this pocket query stuff. I realize that geocaching.com has dedicated servers to generate the pocket query, but how long does it usually take to get your first one generated? Mines been queing for almost a day and still nothing.

I'm new to this pocket query stuff. I realize that geocaching.com has dedicated servers to generate the pocket query, but how long does it usually take to get your first one generated? Mines been queing for almost a day and still nothing.

Normally the queries get generated faster than that. Are you sure you checked the box corresponding to the day of the week that you wanted the query to run?

I selected the option to "run once then delete". How long has the PQ system been acting like this?

But did you *also* select the current date as the date for it to run? You have to do both. In the list, does your query appear with a red checkmark next to the requested day? That means it hasn't run yet, in your case, since it should delete after running.

Other common troubleshooting tips: be sure to request your query results "zipped" and check your spam mailbox, spam filters, etc.

I selected the option to "run once then delete". How long has the PQ system been acting like this?

But did you *also* select the current date as the date for it to run? You have to do both. In the list, does your query appear with a red checkmark next to the requested day? That means it hasn't run yet, in your case, since it should delete after running.

Other common troubleshooting tips: be sure to request your query results "zipped" and check your spam mailbox, spam filters, etc.

Ok got them all checked for today. Hopefully this works.

As Keystone said:

Are the line items BOLD with a run date? That means that they ran, and that they should have been sent to your e-mail box.

Edited by Markwell

They just generated! Took them 4 hours from when I check marked the "day to run box". I guess I'm too impatient.

Not really. For a new Pocket Query, the time it takes to be generated depends on a few factors, such as how many other PQs are regularly submitted (Fridays are a bad day because everyone wants a PQ for the weekend.) Also, the general health of the PQ server is a factor. Sometimes, it will get hung, backing up all of the PQs in the queue. In general, if I create a new PQ, it will arrive in about 15 minutes (or much less) from when I submit it, if everything is going smoothly. If it is a previously run PQ, then it depends on how long it has been since it was last run. If the PQ was run the day before, it can take many hours before the PQ server decides it has time for my lowly PQ. :laughing:

--Marky

Still no luck! It's been several hours since I check marked the box for Thursday and still nothing. I did though get the pocket query of my found caches (within 30 minutes).

Glad your found caches PQ ran fine for you. It's been broken for me and a few other people I know for almost a month! I've put in 3 help tickets and it is still not repaired!

Edited by Wacka

Still no luck! It's been several hours since I check marked the box for Thursday and still nothing. I did though get the pocket query of my found caches (within 30 minutes).

Glad your found caches PQ ran fine for you. It's been broken for me and a few other people I know for almost a month! I've put in 3 help tickets and it is still not repaired!

I am having the same problem, very hit or miss when a PQ is going to run. I have been using it for a couple years now and lately its been very flaky, but the long since the last time it ran, the more likely it will run fairly soon. Something in the logic determining when a PQ should be run is not quite right.

I checked a couple that I hadn't run since early May and the ran fairly quick. My queries that I like to run daily or a couple times a week haven't been running when they are checked.

Guess we just need to be patient.

I have many 500-cache PQs in my list. They are overlapping circles that might look like this.

fc75b3e0-5c6f-4132-8164-b4074fb881e2.jpg

I only run one or two when I'm heading out in one direction or another.

Consequently, I can run one that hasn't run for a week or even longer and still get the data I need. I'm not sure this will work for everyone, but by doing this, my requested PQs usually run very quickly.

I have been using it for a couple years now and lately its been very flaky, but the long since the last time it ran, the more likely it will run fairly soon. Something in the logic determining when a PQ should be run is not quite right.

Actually, you just described the exact logic used in queuing the PQs and, based on your experience, it is working as designed.

I have been using it for a couple years now and lately its been very flaky, but the long since the last time it ran, the more likely it will run fairly soon. Something in the logic determining when a PQ should be run is not quite right.

Actually, you just described the exact logic used in queuing the PQs and, based on your experience, it is working as designed.

I'm still waiting for my Thursday queries to run this week.

dave

Been using a PQ for my hides to keep my GSAK database up-to-date.

I run it about once weekly. Tried yesterday, and received the email

but the file was empty. Did a preview on the PQ page and my caches

showed up. Anyone know WHY they weren't in the PQ email??

Been using a PQ for my hides to keep my GSAK database up-to-date.

I run it about once weekly. Tried yesterday, and received the email

but the file was empty. Did a preview on the PQ page and my caches

showed up. Anyone know WHY they weren't in the PQ email??

Ran the PQ for my hides and it worked fine and the file received also

contained my caches. Oh well, must be the "hot" weather bug. :D

I'm still waiting for my Thursday queries to run this week.

Update: After writing that post, I clicked "Friday" as well and they eventually ran late Friday night. So I guess the Thursday version of the PQ was just not run. All my Sunday PQs ran fine, so maybe there was just a ghost in the machine late last week. (Perhaps related to the machine upgrade that Jeremy mentioned in the Announcements forum. ?)

dave

No problems receiving the PQs on my end, but I've noticed other, more subtle problems that may be hard to detect.

Few of the cache listings are not up to date, so I ended up with 1 or 2 disabled caches, even though their current status is active. Some of the newer caches never ended up in the PQ, even though they show up on the preview. For example, I received 249 caches, even though I requested 250.

So I'm not going to discount people saying they "feel" something isn't working quite right.

What happens if they don't make it through before the end of the day??
Any left over at the end of the day don't run.

Actually we have a PQ Generator that runs to catch any that didn't get finished the day before and to process them as well.

-Raine

Actually we have a PQ Generator that runs to catch any that didn't get finished the day before and to process them as well.

-Raine

Cool.

-Raine

That explains why sometimes when I schedule something to run a week in advance on the day of the week prior to the current day, it will run immediately. Sometimes this has been frustrating since it uses up my PQ count for today.

That explains why sometimes when I schedule something to run a week in advance on the day of the week prior to the current day, it will run immediately. Sometimes this has been frustrating since it uses up my PQ count for today.

Wait a day. :)

Raine,

Any progress in fixing the "My Finds" PQ at the bottom of the listings? I click it, says it is scheduled for that time, and never runs. Not in spam or virus filters. The indicator of when it was last run resets overnught to 6/16 , which is when it last run successfully. Digitalfish is another cacher who has the same problem.

-Raine

Hmm, good idea, but somehow at least one of my small daily queries (new caches) is slipping through the cracks. It's scheduled daily, but hasn't run for 4 days now. I tried rescheduling it, changing it a bit and resaving, etc with no effect. I've set it up for weekly now; maybe it will do better next week.

I've just encountered a problem that I've never personally encountered before, though I've seen others mention it: I have two recurring queries that were generated a little over an hour ago, but have never arrived in my mailbox (a gmail account).

I just created a new query for something different and as expected, it came within minutes (to my regular isp account associated with my profile).

Any suggestions on how to figure out what happened with to two that just 'disappeared' into cyberspace?

**edited to add something else I just realized:

For quite a while, I've had they two queries run daily, and experienced the expected later delivery time each day as I fall down the que, then get bumped to the top again....to help lessen this a bit, I recently set them to run only four of the seven days (Sun, Tue, Thur, Sat). Today, when the site shows they were generated but never arrived, they weren't even supposed to run?!? Is this perhaps a 'catch-up' of an old query that didn't run? Before today, the 17th was the last time these queries were generated, even though I had them set to run daily.

Edited by gnbrotz