Thanks To My Wife

Mykul

I had mentioned that I would like a GPS so that I wouldn't get lost (again) when off roading. So this Fathers' Day she got me one. After taking to a guy at the local Radio Shack about Geocahing, we're hooked!!! I'm aready looking up caches to find on our way to Oregon this summer.

P.S.

What's the rule on reststops? Are there caches at them? Seems like a good place to me!!

Nice to see someone new. I can assure you that most reststops in AZ have been covered cache wise. As has most off ramps once you get out of the city. Good luck on the hunt. Try to get to some of the events, most of them are on your side of town and you will get to meet some intresting people with lots of stories. I have been to several and if you don't go you will be missing out, trust me. These are also the people who hide the caches you did or did not find. I have gotten many clues from them, and learned about some great caches that I want to visit. The bonus round is if you can get to go on a caching run with them, you learn alot about hunting and hiding caches.

What's the rule on reststops? Are there caches at them? Seems like a good place to me!!

Yeah, you bet there are. Just...please don't tell my dad. He's already convinced geocaching is an international conspiracy to lure middle-aged women into the woods for immoral purposes. If he knew I was getting out of the car at interstate rest stops to poke around in the woods...wheeooo!

Yeah, you bet there are. Just...please don't tell my dad. He's already convinced geocaching is an international conspiracy to lure middle-aged women into the woods for immoral purposes. If he knew I was getting out of the car at interstate rest stops to poke around in the woods...wheeooo!

Woh! Time to place some more caches! :D

And welcome to Geocaching, man with a nice wife!

I'm gonna have to place a new cache for you now. I never knew they had an alternative purpose. :D

I had mentioned that I would like a GPS so that I wouldn't get lost (again) when off roading. So this Fathers' Day she got me one. After taking to a guy at the local Radio Shack about Geocahing, we're hooked!!! I'm aready looking up caches to find on our way to Oregon this summer.

P.S.

I found two reststop caches along I-8 in AZ. There is also a cache at Dateland and another full-sized cache near the Picture Rock campground.

If you are headed for the coast to escape that AZ heat, there will be several caches for you to find along your route.

Welcome to the addiction! :lol::P

Oh I am so sorry, but I just have to inform him.

Yes there are caches at rest stops that you can find. And in Colorado, I am not sure about elsewhere, but there are also men at those rest stops looking for men with or without a gps. Be Very Careful out there, as the world is getting very weird.

Yep. A number of cachers have made the mistake of asking a stranger "Are you looking for the same thing I am?" :D

Not long ago, while on a cache run with another cacher, we stopped to do a roadside reststop cache. It only occurred to me afterwards what it looked like when two grown came out of the bushes at a rest area on the interstate,

Oh I am so sorry, but I just have to inform him.

Yes there are caches at rest stops that you can find. And in Colorado, I am not sure about elsewhere, but there are also men at those rest stops looking for men with or without a gps. Be Very Careful out there, as the world is getting very weird.

Yep. A number of cachers have made the mistake of asking a stranger "Are you looking for the same thing I am?" :)

:):):D Sir, would that be the "Pickle Park cache?" :cry::cry::cry:

Edited by Colorado Cacher