Asking Others To Put Out TBs For You...

NWMOhunter

I am a partner in another web site that deals with hunting and fishing. We have a couple of members who do GCing, but not very many. Since most of us are waterfowl hunters, we were going to try to get a couple of travel bugs out into the different flyways and see how far they go and to what flyways (alot like they do with bands on ducks and geese).

Would it be taboo to ask others here on the GCing forum to put out tb's for us? We would purchase the dog tags and fix up the tb, all we would do would be to mail the tb to those who want to help and ask them to "release" them into their area.

I wanted to check to make sure this wasn't against the rules or unethical before we got to work on it.

Thanks!

I am a partner in another web site that deals with hunting and fishing. We have a couple of members who do GCing, but not very many. Since most of us are waterfowl hunters, we were going to try to get a couple of travel bugs out into the different flyways and see how far they go and to what flyways (alot like they do with bands on ducks and geese).

Would it be taboo to ask others here on the GCing forum to put out tb's for us? We would purchase the dog tags and fix up the tb, all we would do would be to mail the tb to those who want to help and ask them to "release" them into their area.

I wanted to check to make sure this wasn't against the rules or unethical before we got to work on it.

Thanks!

Your bug mail it wherever you want to..... In fact I am willing to help you release one in central california if you want.

I'm going to edit that thread title for you. It said "Asking Others To Put Out Caches For You..., Is it taboo?" When you meant "Asking Others To Put Out TB's For You..., Is it taboo?" Which is a different ball of wax. I hope you don't mind.

I woke up to a reported post in this thread. Someone clicked the wrong button. (I get that a lot, hehehe)

Anyway, here's the reply they meant to post:

"hi Bournesniffy here in UK !!! any time you want to do a postal swap i'm your man . drop me a line !!!! "