Geocache America! Coins: Made In The U S A

YemonYime

My fellow Americans...

After getting many emails about these coins, I felt it was easier to point everyone in the right direction. I've noticed that some popular icon lists have "YemonYime" associated with the icons for these coins, so I wanted to clarify that these are not my personal coin, and I do not have any to trade. I'm just the artist guy. <_<

I was deeply honored to be asked to design these coins, and I'm happy to provide links to where they can be had:

265.gifAntique Brass

264.gif.999 Pure Silver

Thanks for the offers, but I'm just a Yankee Doodle Dandy. :mad:

I'm going to have to pass on being the "spokesmodel" for these coins. Partially because you wouldn't want to see me modelling anything... <_< ...but mainly because I don't have all of that information. They are being sold by Coins And Pins, so inquiries could head that way.

I have a question about this coin, especially the silver edition, in the photo of the pure silver we see the blue of the felt behind the coin, is this coin actually transparent or holed?

gcamer-sil-in-box.jpg

It's the reflection of the felt front on the highly shiny coin... tee hee hee! ;)

A geocoin made of a previous metal, nice!!! But ouch on the price :(

Got a giggle out of the misspelling there. :ph34r:

Email sent to Anthus on their question.

And to confirm what Mandollyn said, yes...the silver coin is that highly polished. It's also got a very classy reeded edge like currency coins.

I have a question about this coin, especially the silver edition, in the photo of the pure silver we see the blue of the felt behind the coin, is this coin actually transparent or holed?

I agree with Mandollyn, the coin may just be showing a reflection, like other silver 'proof' coins do.

Very nice design work Yime, they're beautiful. It's cool that they were made in America too (event hough that increases the price!)

Thanks HB! Yup, the American mint certainly does cost more. But it's all worth it when I can gaze upon the reflection in its shiny surface, and accurately count the exact number of Oreo crumbs on my lips.

You just go ahead and try that with any other geocoin...I dare ya.

A geocoin made of a previous metal, nice!!! But ouch on the price :o

Makes th3 20.00 for the Alaska Silver seem cheap by comparison. The US American Eagle Silver Proof is 27.95 and it's not trackable. The highly polished finish on the photo Yemon Yime posted indicates that it proably has a proof like striking process which is more involved than standard. But that would need verified. The Standard American Eagle "Bullion" coin is about half that depending on where you buy it and the price if silver. They don't have the same shiny finish.

Wow! Just received my coins in the mail this morning, very nice, the antique gives the coin a good look with the hard enamel colors, the photos don't do the coin justice. Hadn't seen any photos of the back before, so I was curious what was on it, the outline of the U.S. with the 4 colors, the symbol and the phrase is cool! Have to get a few out in circulation in my area with Memorial Day and Independence Day coming up quick.

Edited by TMOCM

Can't believe I see people buying these on Ebay for almost double the price when they are still for sale on the Coins & Pins website. I know some people may not visit the GC forum, but a few people I saw bidding frequent the forum. Go figure?