Garmin Gpsmap 60csx Where Is The Cheapest One In Uk

Garmin GPSMap 60CSx Handheld GPS Navigator Where is the Cheapest one in UK?

I can find Ebay @ £359.95 + £6.95 p+p = £366.90 (seller I bought my last GPSr from)

globalpositioningsystems @ £398.94 inc p+p (0% for 6 months).

mynewcheap.co.uk @ £394.99 inc p+p

I might also be tempted to upgrade if anyone is interested in

making me a serious offer on my 8 month old 60cs.

Cheers

Dave

Edited by The Mars Bars

...and having just upgraded to a Vista Cx, I will soon be flogging off my old Vista C.

It will have a fully legal copy of City Navigator Europe V7 that is unlocked to the internal serial number with it. Full autorouting in a wee hand held unit down to street level for the whole of Europe. I am waiting to upgrade to CN8 before selling the Vista C with its CN Europe V7.

I have the (emailed) blessing of Garmin themselves to "split" my two Garmin units, a StreetPilot 2610 and the Vista C that both use this software. Garmin will transfer registration of one of the two available "unlocks" to the new owner of my Vista C.

Anyone interested, PM me for details rather than bore the pant off everyone with the details.

I see everyone raving about the 60csx and would love to get one but I need more ammo to convince Mrs Bolas Heathens. We have an eTrex Yellow and a BT338 that I use with my Palm. We also have a TomTom Go 300 loaded with all UK caches in the car for navigation to caches.

Can someone sum up why I might need a shiny new 60csx so I can work on her :D

Edited by The Bolas Heathens

I see everyone raving about the 60csx and would love to get one but I need more ammo to convince Mrs Bolas Heathens. We have an eTrex Yellow and a BT338 that I use with my Palm. We also have a TomTom Go 300 loaded with all UK caches in the car for navigation to caches.

Can someone sum up why I might need a shiny new 60csx so I can work on her :ph34r:

I need to do the same on Mrs Geo-Kate!

We have the 60c, and Im despertae to upgrade it even though it is only a few months old!

My biggest reason is not the expandable mermory via the card slot, or nort even the stupidly sensitive reciever that can lock signal indoors (!) but the speed of it.

I have recenlty installed TOPO UK, and due to the increased map detail, it has madu the unit too slow for practcal use as a sat nav for in-car.

Reasons to upgrade

Better reception

Faster map drwing

Expandable memory idead for going onholiday with pre-loaded aread you want

Electronic Compass - no need to walk a feww feet just to find out which way is which. It knows!

Barometric Altimiter

USB power

You want one! :D

There is a very good review (already referenced on this forum somewhere) here

What is a 6 month old GPSmap60C worth to anyone?!

Opinion

I think that there is a GPS obsession here, so will we be wasting another £350 - £400 when the SiRFStar IV chipset is released?

I beg to differ here.

I wanted to upgrade my Geko as it was hopeless in the trees (excellent on my kite buggy as a speedo on the beach :) ) So I sold a load of stuff on eBay and as people seem to get carried away when bidding for old stuff, I found myself with £400 to spend :laughing:

I usually make do with things in my life, but thought, sod it treat yourself. I knew that if I didnt, I would keep seeing people posting about how good they are :huh:

I am really pleased with it and would recommend one to anyone, the speed it locates satellites, and the way it keeps them in heavy cover is superb.

So go on buy one, I guarantee you wont regret it :anibad:

Aspidshop are terrific (no, I don't have shares). They don't always have everything in stock - with the 60csx that's a lottery eveyrwhere :laughing: - but their e-mail support during the ordering process is excellent.

anyone notice the price and tax ? £306.44 ( £370.79 with 21.00% tax )<< unless vat gone up from 17.5% to 21%

or am I missing something here 21%?

Aspidshop are terrific (no, I don't have shares). They don't always have everything in stock - with the 60csx that's a lottery eveyrwhere :laughing: - but their e-mail support during the ordering process is excellent.

anyone notice the price and tax ? £306.44 ( £370.79 with 21.00% tax )<< unless vat gone up from 17.5% to 21%

Because the shop is in portugal and the shop is assuming you live in portugal?

Edited by wizard1974uk

UK pay 17.5% Portugal pay 21% different countries pay different rates of sales tax.

I've done the deed and ordered one - from the Portuguese shop - will be with me on Monday. I can't wait :unsure:

£367 ish inc pp from GPSonline they sell through ebay or direct. Next day delivery included.

Based in Leeds, I bought my 60cs from them and picked it up from their shop as I was travelling to Harrogate that day. They operate from a soft furnishings shop, which confused me somewhat when I got there. :unsure:

Cheers

Dave

Not a bad price. I'd have had next day delivery had I ordered it earlier in the day but I was out caching so could not order it until 5pm (ish). Looks like a great unit :unsure:

I've done the deed and ordered one - from the Portuguese shop - will be with me on Monday. I can't wait :lol:

£367 ish inc pp from GPSonline they sell through ebay or direct. Next day delivery included.

Based in Leeds, I bought my 60cs from them and picked it up from their shop as I was travelling to Harrogate that day. They operate from a soft furnishings shop, which confused me somewhat when I got there. :unsure:

Cheers

Dave

Hmmm, was about to buy from the place in portugal, but got a shock when it jumped from 441 euro to 550 euro after tax and shipping!

Especially when http://www.navifuture.de sells it for 499euro incl. tax and shipping (at least within Germany). Not worked out if this is a Euro or US version though - is there a major difference?

I also successfully broke the php code on the Portuguese website, so will hold off for a bit.

Based in Leeds, I bought my 60cs from them and picked it up from their shop as I was travelling to Harrogate that day. They operate from a soft furnishings shop, which confused me somewhat when I got there. :)

Cheers

Dave

Yes, top peeps to deal with, they really know what they are talking about.

I can't recommend them highly enough :unsure: