Icon Ho!

Moose Mob

There is a travel bug running around called Icon Ho! It's purpose is to share a collection of geocoin icons with cachers around the world. As the name implies, it is about the icons. The goal is to have each icon represented in the pages inside this travel bug. It is about the numberts, if that offends folks, I am sorry.

With the release of so many geocoins with unigue icons, it is impossible to keep an accurate track of which icons exist. This is where you come in. If you have a geocoin that has an icon not represented in this travel bug, let me know. You own it, you maintain it's web page, it exists as if you released it to the wild. You understand that it can become lost as with any TB/coin released to the wild. The difference is that it will travel hand to hand from place to place.

So, if you have a coin that you would like to travel with this pack, send me an e-mail. I will check the list of offers for each icon to determine who should represent this icon (predominant cacher, reviewers, coin designer, or just a well written TB page will take presidence).

Once a source is selected,

- You will activate the coin and create the page (if not already done so)

- Take it to a local cache for a visit, (log it in/out, take pictures, etc)

- Ship it to me and I will ensure it catches up with the Icon Ho! travel bug.

The route and specific destinations will always be kept secret. The current holder will post a note if it's going to be in your area soon.

Please do not contact the current holder of the Icon Ho! travel bug with questions. Chances are they have already shipped it to it's next meeting or will be unable to answer them.

Thanks and happy caching! :)

I think this is a neat idea.......However I could think of lots of questions regarding this kind of TB......But if I am ever lucky enough to see it then my questions will be answered..........

It was in Tuscon about a month before you were. :) Keep your eyes open, it's not that far away right now.

I was lucky enought to view and log the "Icon Ho' binder... It is awsome!... I liked it so much I stole the idea and started my own... They have traveled to several events and gatherings together... We continue to add coins and have had a blast doing it... It gives cachers a chance to view coins they never would have a chance to see normally... Thanks Moose Mob!!!... The binder itself is a TB which you can log and then you can log each of the coins in the binder............. Triffid

I like this idea! I have all my own trackable coins in a binder that I take to events. Folks can then log the coins (I hand out a little sheet -- there are 49 coins!). I never thought to have them log the binder.

Of course, my binder won't be going hand-to-hand like this one will :) My attempt at a geocoin travel bug is the "Learn to Log a Geocoin" TB -- it's cache to cache though.

It sounds like this is a good companion to the Icon SP account. http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?u=iCON+SP

Perhaps the OP can send any numbers he has to the Icon SP account to help keep it current.

I have done a pretty good job keeping it current with the help of many great cachers. But every extra person helping out will keep it even more current.

I will do that! I have Icon SP bookmarked for reference, but I tend to be about 2 weeks behind in detecting new icons! I will share the actual numbers if the coin owner agrees. Of course, you are welcome to link to the Icon Ho! TB page.

Neat idea. :} I added it to my watch list, so hopefully it can makes its way up to Washington sometime in the future.

One thing I noticed is that Icon SP's account isn't indicitive of which icons you get from Icon HO. I counted the coins (listed) on the page and only came out to 24-ish, where SP has almost 60. It was a bit of a disappointment, but I'd still like to get it.

Neat idea. :} I added it to my watch list, so hopefully it can makes its way up to Washington sometime in the future.

One thing I noticed is that Icon SP's account isn't indicitive of which icons you get from Icon HO. I counted the coins (listed) on the page and only came out to 24-ish, where SP has almost 60. It was a bit of a disappointment, but I'd still like to get it.

re: visit to washington state. It's currently on the east coast, destined for europe before too long. it will be headed to the west coast once it returns to the states.

re: icon count. That is why this thread was started. It is a nearly a full time job keeping track with all the new icons and who created them. I am hoping that the icon/coin owners will step up and add thier masterpiece to the collection. if you know of some, please let them know this exists.

thanks!

I got the see this travel bug today. I'll be logging it shortly :D

Good at least I know the person who's holding it made it there safely. He's one of my caching buddies! :lol:

Yep Huggyd was fine and dandy. Enjoyed meeting him and his traveling partner (geonick escapes me at the moment). I think he was expecting warmer weather when he arrived down here. It was a nasty day today. I only logged a few of the coins in the binder... mainly the ones that were owned by people I know from this coin addiction, including your coin :lol:

THERE all logged.

Now did you have to pick through anything gooey and nasty in the trash to log that? :lol:

LOL, no that was a fresh trash bag in the can by the desk. I emptied it before I left for the meeting earlier today. Now if Robert had waited to start sniveling tomorrow, then um, ew, well you get the idea :lol:

triffid, that's cause you had every icon I was missing and one I hadn't even seen at all yet. Your binder was like a gold mine. You have NO idea how badly a certain HO (*cough* team pez *cough*) was green with envy. That's what he gets for cutting out of the meeting early to cache :D

Edited by AtlantaGal

THERE all logged.

Now did you have to pick through anything gooey and nasty in the trash to log that? :anicute:

LOL, no that was a fresh trash bag in the can by the desk. I emptied it before I left for the meeting earlier today. Now if Robert had waited to start sniveling tomorrow, then um, ew, well you get the idea :cool:

triffid, that's cause you had every icon I was missing and one I hadn't even seen at all yet. Your binder was like a gold mine. You have NO idea how badly a certain HO (*cough* team pez *cough*) was green with envy. That's what he gets for cutting out of the meeting early to cache :P

ARGH!!!!! there were 8 caches calling my name and i just had to go get 'em! perhaps next time, AG!

-TP