Geocoin Convention

cqdx

Has there every been a Geocoin convention? If not is it worthwhile to investigate the possibilities. Would you travel a few states away? Could there be enough programs to fill a day? Combining this with a geocache convention would be a good idea. Thoughts anyone? I can just see the trading floor now!

There will be coin trading and shows at the 2006 Midwest Open Geocaching Adventure, March 25-26, at Pere Marquette state park. Each night after the activities there will be a social with hot drinks, good food, coin swapping and story telling. There will be several big collectors with their coins there. We will have a trader-ree each night (Friday and Saturday).

For more information about MOGA 2006, visit the links in my sig line..

Mike

I just seen that in your sig line and you beat me to the punch on this one Brawny.

I will be there for sure.

There will be coin trading and shows at the 2006 Midwest Open Geocaching Adventure, March 25-26, at Pere Marquette state park. Each night after the activities there will be a social with hot drinks, good food, coin swapping and story telling. There will be several big collectors with their coins there. We will have a trader-ree each night (Friday and Saturday).

For more information about MOGA 2006, visit the links in my sig line..

Mike

I posted the plans for one on 12/22 in the Bay Area complete with Geocoin for attendees :mad:.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=117143

The GW4 was posted on 12/29.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=117922

I only suggested the Bay Area since A) this is where I live and :huh: a chance to get a 'free' Geocoin. It seems the SC Fire Geocoins are creating little Mini-Events for FTFs :mad:.

The only reason I never went forward was we had a little one which prevented me from doing the planning, which I wanted to do.

As for Vegas!!!! Um YES! I think just about everyone in the US can get Cheap Flights into Vegas and if you do it off convention, you can get good room pricing. Let me know if I can help!!! Looking forward to it. Would love to see one in Asia and Europe as well :mad:.

nielsenc

We are having one at GW4, I am heading it up and we are having a coin made for the first annual event. This was talked about in an earlier thread with details. A search may find it.

When you say the first annual event, are you talking about GWI in Louisville? Or.. are you talking about the 1st annual geocoin trade at GW4?

If it is a coin from GW I, I will certainly buy a few..

Mike

It was going to be the 1st annual Geocoin Convention at GW4 and a coin in in the works for it to anwser your question, but since Nielsic says it's his idea and people wanting it in Vegas, I don't know now what to do.

Edit: Took out content and adding that Will (9Key) will be handling this from here.

Edited by Ladycacher & Boys

After seeing the success of Geowoodstock I could see this happening. Make it in Vegas so I can attend and make it a business write off! :mad:

Did someone say VEGAS!! I will be there in just 7 short weeks. YES lets all go to VEGAS, Momma needs a new pair of shoes......

I will be in Vegas in about 7 weeks as well! :mad:

It was going to be the 1st annual Geocoin Convention at GW4 and a coin in in the works for it to anwser your question, but since Nielsic says it's his idea and people wanting it in Vegas, I don't know now what to do.

Edit: Took out content and adding that Will (9Key) will be handling this from here.

I would still go through with it.. There are many conventions for anything tradable. Look at real coins and sports memorabilia. There are shows all over the place. Have it and call it what you want to.. I will be at Woodstock 4 and would love to see a huge trader-ree...

I would still go through with it.. There are many conventions for anything tradable. Look at real coins and sports memorabilia. There are shows all over the place. Have it and call it what you want to.. I will be at Woodstock 4 and would love to see a huge trader-ree...

No worries! We'll definitely have a coin trading / viewing area at the event. Has Monty Hall used to say "Let's meake a deal!" :D

I just said I put up the information and the time line. Like I posted in an earlier thread (about 'stealing coin ideas'), just because it isn't posted, doesn't mean people haven't thought about it or talked about it with others. I am sure there was talk before hand. I wanted to do it but with the new baby, and other commitments, I don't have time to pull it off :D.

Geowoodstock would be a great place to have a meet and greet for Geocoins and trading. I don't know about the rest of you, but my *trading* shipping/handling cost are exceeding hundreds of dollars. That doesn't account for the lost in the mail coins!!! I would rather spend $200 on a plane ticket and meet the rest of you in person!!!

I am up for A Geocoin trading event at Geowoodstock and also an event in Vegas :D I will make both!!! Vegas is much closer for me and I need an excuse to go, haven't been for over two years :D.

nielsenc

No worries! We'll definitely have a coin trading / viewing area at the event. Has Monty Hall used to say "Let's meake a deal!" :D

Good. Many of us are looking forward to this added bonus of attending Geowoodstock this year. Don't change a thing!

No worries! We'll definitely have a coin trading / viewing area at the event. Has Monty Hall used to say "Let's meake a deal!" :)

Good. Many of us are looking forward to this added bonus of attending Geowoodstock this year. Don't change a thing!

Yep, we're coming for the caches AND the coins :huh:

For me it's an added benefit, since I was born many moons ago in Fort Worth. I plan to make a little side trip for myself while we're there.

T1

GWIV geocoin event would be the best and than see if it has enough life to hold a late fall/winter type event in a cool spot with cheap airfares.

And keep the trip to Rome in August out of your heads, after living in Napoli for 3 years, i know that most of the country is on vacation that month and it is the hotest/dustiest time, so it wont be as fun.