Volunteer Geocoin

CCCooperAgency

Trading is fine, but many many site volunteers are attaching "no sale" restrictions to their volunteer geocoins. And those who have received one by gift or trade have tended to hold onto them.

Probably one of the easiest ways to get a volunteer coin is to be on really good terms with a site volunteer in or near your home area. Someone who truly appreciates everything that you've done for the sport, and that you've done for that volunteer personally. Then, they'd just give you one out of the goodness of their heart, having nothing to do with the geocoin market, the value of the volunteer coin on eBay, whether it's a two-for-one trade, etc.

I wonder if you know anybody like that. ;)

I happen to be one of a few lucky people recently to add this coin to my personal collection and I think it is down right low and cheap to sale this particualr coin anywhere. I was happy and surprised to receive it and will show it the proper respect it deserves.

Just wondering since they came from Groundspeak could they not deactiviate the coin in question on that other site?

The Volunteer Geocoins were given as *gifts* to those volunteers who were active as of December 2005. They are the individual's coins to do with as they wish.

I happen to like my method for getting a coin to CCCooperAgency better than I like the former UtahAdmin's method. But that is just my personal opinion.

I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about it. :D

I am happy that I am fortunate enough to get a Volunteer geocoin as a surprise from a volunteer (reviewer). He stated he appreciated my contributions in my area.

My question is: Why does my Volunteer geocoin not seem to track miles. I have logged it into and out of caches I haven taken it to for a personal log of miles. However, it does not show any miles logged.

Anyone know why?

Thanks,

samirsky

If it's the Groundspeak Volunteer geocoin, it should already be activated. Do a trackables search using the tracking number to see if it's already activated.

It is unactivated. It was donated by IowaAdmin to a CITO event last year for a prize drawing. I won it, and forgot about it until a few days ago when I found it in a box. Now I just need to know how to activate it.

If it's the Groundspeak Volunteer geocoin, it should already be activated. Do a trackables search using the tracking number to see if it's already activated.

It is unactivated. It was donated by IowaAdmin to a CITO event last year for a prize drawing. I won it, and forgot about it until a few days ago when I found it in a box. Now I just need to know how to activate it.

Giving this thread a bump because I have an unactivated 2005 Volunteer coin as well. Anyone know how to get the activation code?

Ya know if somone give you somthing and asks you not to sell it you should honor that.

But for people to say it should not be sold, or can't be sold, or gets up set it is being sold is just silly, you give me anything and i decide to sell it then by god im going to sell it and theres nothing anyone can do to stop you from selling your own property! And id like to see somone try!

But like i said, you shouldn't sell something if your asked nicely not to. I know I hold on to my coins TIGHT that are rare like the volunteer coins.

Ya know if somone give you somthing and asks you not to sell it you should honor that.

But for people to say it should not be sold, or can't be sold, or gets up set it is being sold is just silly, you give me anything and i decide to sell it then by god im going to sell it and theres nothing anyone can do to stop you from selling your own property! And id like to see somone try!

But like i said, you shouldn't sell something if your asked nicely not to. I know I hold on to my coins TIGHT that are rare like the volunteer coins.

Yep, it's that kind of attitude that has made the new LACKEY coin activated by Signal...can't sell what isn't yours and it's pretty obvious it's not yours if it's activated by someone else. It's that kind of attitude that likely made the coins which are highly sought after come activated (Moun10Bike, Jeep'n Jumpers etc).

There are ways to stop sales, but you'd hope people would have the integrity to just do as they're asked!

This is completely confusing to me.

First you say that you should honor a "no sale" request.

Then you say that people that say "no sale" are silly and people can do whatever they want with it?

Very true, But ya know HAHA ive even seen the new Lackey coins be sold, People just dont care anymore.

All being owned by signal did was stop people from having the icon.

Me, i'd never put a dont sell issue on a coin because it just does no good.

If the frog is watching, those sales get shut down!! :ph34r:

This is completely confusing to me.

First you say that you should honor a "no sale" request.

Then you say that people that say "no sale" are silly and people can do whatever they want with it?

No, I don't get upset. I am never surprised that dishonorable people to lie to get what they want and then make excuses for their actions. Just disappointed.

The world has always allowed those who lie and deceive to cry foul when called out for it.

I say lean closer and whisper me your objections, brother.

Edited by BlueDeuce