I Have Called It A Day With Geocaching

Nette

I am sorry to say that i will not be doing an more caching after recent events that toke place in october. i am very upset that so called friend could do what they did and blame my husband who does not ever know i have done this as he has gone on a cache. when i joined in i thought it would get me out of the house more and it was. but after what has been said and the people know who they are. there is just one more thing i wish to say is, Dave has never back in october or ever threatened anyone over a cache or anything else i know this man and he did not say he was going to physical harm to anyone and thr ones who said it know who they are as they have ruined a good hobby for me but you will not ruin it for dave. he thinks things should be left alone but you put your self in my place and you would want to say your peace and that is what i have done. i will be going to the overton meal as it was booked before this happened but i will not be attending anymore as a cacher if i do come it will be as a non cacher. hope you are all proud of yourselves and don't take what i have said out on dave he wont kno till he sees it on thr forum himself.

NETTE :ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja:

ok this is the first thing i have ever seaid and ever will on this subject ....................................................................................................

this happened ages ago most folk have left it alone

we seem to have fallen out that is WE no one else

if you give up caching i personly think it will be a lose to geo caching as a whole

if WE have fallen out then lets leave it at that and say no more

there is no point carying on a silly littel row

i like caching and you like caching we live many miles apart our paths may never have to cross unless you or i want them to there are enough caches orund for us to avoid each other if that is what it needs so come on here is my olive branch

I AM SORRY

lets just get on with the game our own way please

Edited by fruity&doggit
I am sorry to say that i will not be doing an more caching

nette please do not give up geocaching.i have told you all along not to give it up,you like it to much.don't let what happed stop you doing something you like.

sarahjayne

p.s if you still want to stop caching then that is up to you and no one else.

Plenty of people have been upset by this situation, not just the OP. Those who have not been involved are best staying out of it if they don't know all sides of the story.

The best thing to do is for everyone to move on. I don't think opening up old wounds on the forums is the best thing to be doing, and certainly will not help everyone get over it.

Nette, I don't know what has happened, but one certain cacher sent me an email nearly a year ago, saying in a round about way that I was threatening to hit him if I ever met him. This was something that was totally made up in his head, and sure enough when I did meet him the next time, despite there being a dislike between the two of us, there certainly wasn't any arguments let alone punch's being thrown.

I did not let this empty accusation stop me from doing what I enjoyed. Don't let someone else who is pointing a finger spoil the fun for you.

Those who have not been involved are best staying out of it if they don't know all sides of the story.

Regrettable as this situation is, if you bring it up on a public forum then by definition, it's open to public debate.

The OP obviously wanted to make her views and situation known to the geocaching public at large and must therefore be prepared for their views, whatever they may be, to be made public too.

Just to clear up what Nette posted about. I in a email was accused in Clear language of "threatening violence against another cacher". the sender then queried about when was I coming to commit violence against the writer! As I have no idea about when and how I was supposed to have made these threats, I tried to find out. I also offered to go to the Police and make a statement over these threats, and asked that the person who received them did the same! If the person who is supposed to have been threatened wishes to make a formal complaint to the Police I am prepared to make a statement myself, and allow them access to my PC, email accounts and Mobile phone account, as I have not been informed as to how I was supposed to have made these threats. Nette was extremely distressed by the accusation that I'd threatened violence against someone, and about nothing else! Hence her OP. Once again I will repeat that the Original Post was about her distress at me receiving in "Clear" English the accusation that I had threatened violence against someone! All copys of sent and received emails have been saved in my internet email account, and I am quite prepared to allow the Police full access to them if the person who originally is supposed to have received the threats, wishes to go to the Police and make a formal complaint.

Dave

Does anyone else agree that this topic should be locked?

I'm not comfortable with three teams of cachers airing grievences in public like this.

Yes lock and delete!

This is personal between the parties involved, the rest of us have no need to know any of this.

Milton (aka Moote)

I think you may find that the words used were 'threats were made' not that you made the threats.

Using cache pages and the geocaching email facility to air personal grievances has already been discussed with Groundspeak after you carried on sending emails after being asked to stop. This was reported at the time and I was asked to follow it up with them if it started up again.

I consider this to be further abuse of the facilities provided, as the discussion has gone way beyong geocaching.

Please will someone lock this thread before it all gets out of hand (again!).

I tried to keep this thread alive as, in my opinion, no guidelines were broken by the OP. Unfortunately things are starting to get more personal and I have to agree that little purpose is being served by letting the argument develop here.

Should the people involved want to continue the debate then please do so offline. I am closing the thread now. :)