San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

Our plan is to be at "First Time" around about 8:50am. This is a close to the low tide for tomorrow. We'll probably play things by ear after that (taking in the rest of the Scuba Steve caches and Whale Poop as well as a few others...) Anyone that wants to hook up with us is welcome to do so. Zap us an e-mail if you want our phone number.

I've done First Time, but I'll try to get down there to laugh at you guys trying :rolleyes:

Will see you at Pass the Grass around 9.30 if I don't make it to First Time before you leave. Look out for the Boggis-mobile, or give me a call on 858-699-3486.

:anibad: :)Hey, This is Kwver and we would like to meet you and go on the Proctor Valley Monster cache trip tonight...Let us know..Jim and Denice :)

Great. I have to check to see when it gets dark. I think we'll be coming from opposite directions ( we'll come from the Jamul side of PVR) so we'll probably need to meet at the cache coords to park. more later, jl

soo, will your bring up the log for those of us who can't dive that far? I may need to show up. Should I bring the kayak? I only have a 2 person kayak.

It remains to be seen if we can dive that deep... :anibad:

We are not taking a kayak (even though we have one). The swim isn't that far...

It looks like I was more worn out than I thought I was. I ended up sleeping in so I didn't make it. I guess I will have to find someone else to retrieve that cache for me. :)

Believe it or not John and I have not gotten Proctor Valley Monster and we live so close. We are going tonite. If anyone is interested let us know. Hey Duganrm..do you need any caches down this way? Nite caching? I'll check later to see if anyone interestd in PVM. r/ jl

I'll have to see if Rogue will let me out tonight. I expect it won't get dark till around 8.

soo, will your bring up the log for those of us who can't dive that far? I may need to show up. Should I bring the kayak? I only have a 2 person kayak.

It remains to be seen if we can dive that deep... :)

We are not taking a kayak (even though we have one). The swim isn't that far...

It looks like I was more worn out than I thought I was. I ended up sleeping in so I didn't make it. I guess I will have to find someone else to retrieve that cache for me. :)

Funny! I did the same thing! Miragee is talking about the Lagunas next week if it isn't too hot up there.

Now I'm watching USA vs. Italy in cool inside of mi casa. Go USA! :anibad:

:) :)Hey, This is Kwver and we would like to meet you and go on the Proctor Valley Monster cache trip tonight...Let us know..Jim and Denice :)

Great. I have to check to see when it gets dark. I think we'll be coming from opposite directions ( we'll come from the Jamul side of PVR) so we'll probably need to meet at the cache coords to park. more later, jl

:anibad: Sunset is 7:57 or so . Let's meet at 8:00 pm. If we have to wait a few minutes for it be be "dark enough" that's ok.

:) :)Hey, This is Kwver and we would like to meet you and go on the Proctor Valley Monster cache trip tonight...Let us know..Jim and Denice :)

:anibad: Sunset is 7:57 or so . Let's meet at 8:00 pm. If we have to wait a few minutes for it be be "dark enough" that's ok.

looks like I won't make it. We just got home from the afternoon at the beach and are just pulling out the BBQ.

looks like I won't make it. We just got home from the afternoon at the beach and are just pulling out the BBQ.

BBQ???

Cool...I am on my way...with the beer!

soo, will your bring up the log for those of us who can't dive that far? I may need to show up.

It remains to be seen if we can dive that deep... :o

It looks like I was more worn out than I thought I was. I ended up sleeping in so I didn't make it. I guess I will have to find someone else to retrieve that cache for me. :P

Sometimes a cache is easier than advertised....this puppy was only 6 feet deep when we found it. :blink:

Not wanting for the next finder(s) to feel cheated by the ease of retreival, we moved it back down to the bottom where it belongs. :o

So where are we going on Saturday? I have to drop my wife and daughter off at the airport at 7:30AM but after that I'm game! :D

There's a virtual at the airport (west terminal) if you haven't gotten that one yet...

Caching on Coronado! Or am I the only one that hasn't done that yet....

Been there, done that...but there are some new ones that have sprung up since we were there last -- and then there's that blasted cache at the Ferry Landing that everyone but us finds easily... :D (I'm thinking conspiracy...)

Edited by Let's Look Over Thayer
So where are we going on Saturday? I have to drop my wife and daughter off at the airport at 7:30AM but after that I'm game! :D

There's a virtual at the airport (west terminal) if you haven't gotten that one yet...

Caching on Coronado! Or am I the only one that hasn't done that yet....

Been there, done that...but there are some new ones that have sprung up since we were there last -- and then there's that blasted cache at the Ferry Landing that everyone but us finds easily... :D (I'm thinking conspiracy...)

I found some caches around the airport a while back including Pushing Tin. I also have some more solved puzzles to find in that area. If it isn't going to be too hot Saturday I still need to venture inland and find Indiana Ed's and some others in that area. Just brainstorming at this point....

Been there, done that...but there are some new ones that have sprung up since we were there last -- and then there's that blasted cache at the Ferry Landing that everyone but us finds easily... :anicute: (I'm thinking conspiracy...)

It looks like that cache is missing at the moment. 2 people mentioned looking where it should be. It looks like the owners are not local so it will probably be archived unless someone wants to replace it for them?

and it was an easy find. :anicute:

Okay, here a a closer view of the caches I haven't found up there. I looks like some will be nice walks, and others will be close to the dirt roads.

c78b2999-afe0-46e2-aae0-15eda62e61c8.jpg

That's a cool area! I thought "Champa" was missing last time we were there?

Cat and I will be camping at Laguna campground, so if we see some suspicious folks wandering around looking at thier cell phone, we will know it you guys and say hello.

Cat and I will be camping at Laguna campground, so if we see some suspicious folks wandering around looking at thier cell phone, we will know it you guys and say hello.
We will look forward to maybe meeting you! :D

I guess you guys would be the ones next to a tent that are watching us but not wondering what we are doing? :D

Edited by TrailGators
Okay, here a a closer view of the caches I haven't found up there. I looks like some will be nice walks, and others will be close to the dirt roads.

Nope , air conditioned travel trailer with a cool lemonaide, we plan on caching many of these early in the morning to avoid the heat.

Nope , air conditioned travel trailer with a cool lemonaide, we plan on caching many of these early in the morning to avoid the heat.

Sounds like my kind of camping! Portable hotel room with A/C, a bed and a shower! :D It's only supposed to be in the mid 80s so that isn't too bad!

Sounds like my kind of camping! Portable hotel room with A/C, a bed and a shower! :D It's only supposed to be in the mid 80s so that isn't too bad!

Hope to meet you, have a great day caching

Look for a red Durango...that would be us! :D

Look for a red Durango...that would be us! :D

Sites 36 & 39 are us (showing friends what caching is)

There was a nice breeze up here today, and the elevation in the Lagunas is even higher. I think that is a good idea. I'll be there . . . but, 8:30 a.m. :D

J/K :D

Where is this Park and Ride located? I have all of the kids including Ivy, but if I can get a babysitter... I can make it. :D

Which forecast are we supposed to go by? Weather.com now says 81 tomorrow!

cb84b7f7-aadd-46b5-8445-9441fc89871a.jpg

Here's Mt. Laguna from the NWS site - says 93 (and I'm assuming since it says "Mount Laguna" it means at high altitude).

Amazing how two sites can be so different! :ph34r: Anyhow, we will be in an air-conditioned vehicle going for fairly easy walks to find the caches we need in that area. But I guess we better do any longer walks first thing in the morning!

Edited by TrailGators

Here's Mt. Laguna from the NWS site - says 93 (and I'm assuming since it says "Mount Laguna" it means at high altitude).

Amazing how two sites can be so different! :P Anyhow, we will be in an air-conditioned vehicle going for fairly easy walks to find the caches we need in that area. But I guess we better do any longer walks first thing in the morning!

At least it isn't Palm Springs! :ph34r:

The NWS was wrong and weather.com was right. It was in the low 80s pretty much all day in the Lagunas today! :grin:

We'll have to keep an eye on those rascals and see if this is a trend! :(

The NWS was wrong and weather.com was right. It was in the low 80s pretty much all day in the Lagunas today! :grin:

We'll have to keep an eye on those rascals and see if this is a trend! :(

The cloud cover really helped! I think the NWS forgot about that! :)