New Category Wineries

I would like to support a new category for "wineries" under the "places" category. I have traveled the world and always try to visit at least one winery in the area. It is very interesting to see the differences the regions make to the various wines. I would be willing to be the administrator and can add quite a few points I have already visited.

Thanks

Jim

I would like to support a new category for "wineries" under the "places" category. I have traveled the world and always try to visit at least one winery in the area. It is very interesting to see the differences the regions make to the various wines. I would be willing to be the administrator and can add quite a few points I have already visited.

Thanks

Jim

Yes that would be an excellent category and I know you would get loads of support from Southern Ontario as it is home for countless wineries, many of them with International awards.

I can see the popularity being enough that you may want to create "Wineries" as a second level under "places" and then having multiple sub-categories such as;

• Large with nationally marketed labels
  • Medium with product on shelves of regional/state/provincial only
  • Small who sell only from their own retail outlet
  • and if you feel ambitious a sub for those store-front places where customers make and bottle their own

I'll be watching for your proposal and in the meantime I'll start accumulating data and info for creating waymarks for you.

Cheers, Olar

This would be one I would most certainly create waymarks for or log finds of the waymark. I too visit wineries whereever we go. I even have the passports that some stats print up where for visiting there stats wineries you get a stamp in your passport, how cool would that be to add to my Waymarking.