Cats

bobuk

As a cat owner I find this offensive and supportive of animal cruelty

This has Nothing to do with Geocaching and the IMO OT comment does not defend it at all

Dog owners replace all refs to Cat with dog ... now does it read funny to you ???

Parents Replace cat with child ... now is it funny ?????

A fire fighter is working on the engine outside the station when he notices a little girl next door in a little red wagon with little ladders hung off the sides and a garden hose tightly coiled in the middle.

The girl is wearing a fire fighter's helmet. The wagon is being pulled by her dog and her cat.

The fire fighter walked over to take a closer look. "That sure is a nice fire truck," the fire fighter says with admiration.

"Thanks" the girl says.

The fire-fighter looks a little closer and notices the girl has tied the wagon to her dog's collar and to the cat's testicles.

"Little Partner", the fire fighter says, "I don't want to tell you how to run your rig, but if you were to tie that rope around the cat's collar too, think you could go faster."

The little girl replies thoughtfully, "You're probably right, but then I wouldn't have a siren."

S&G Davison - might it have been a joke ?

Have you never come across this

And yes, I have a child, and access to a dog, and had in the past 3 very much loved cats

civilised

edited: I'm really sorry about getting your name wrong - I know how annoying that can be - sorry again

Edited by civilised

We can see it was meant as a joke, but there are other forums on this website for posting off topic stuff, such as here:

Off Topic

The thing is, if everyone chips in with a reply or anecdote, the threads end up miles long, usually completely irrelevant and of no real use to anyone wishing to discuss Geocaching.

Edited to add link and correct spelling.

Edited by leecee

please please please tell me that that ghastly bonsai page is just a sick joke and horrible digital technology because at the moment i am feeling very sick and upset (you may think I am overreacting) and I don't want to offend anyone who is saying about site for just geocaching but right now I wish I had never seen that link

Edited by Andys101 & Miss Redfrock

Andys101 & Miss Redfrock: do not fret - it is indeed a spoof and quite a well known one - I'm really sorry if I have distressed you - but the internet is a wild and wonderful place and most things should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Again, my apologies

civilised

Andys101 & Miss Redfrock: do not fret - it is indeed a spoof and quite a well known one - I'm really sorry if I have distressed you - but the internet is a wild and wonderful place and most things should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Again, my apologies

civilised

i do normally but I am a sensitive sole and i just couldn't be certain - thanks for putting my mind at rest

claire

S&G Davidson - might it have been a joke ?

Have you never come across this

And yes, I have a child, and access to a dog, and had in the past 3 very much loved cats

civilised

FWIW Davis(NO D)on ..... :blink:

Yes I have seen Bonsai Kitten (and FWIW the subsequent animal welfare sites which shown it was a fake).. However it was on a "humour" / "shock" site ... ie if you go to a humour shock site be prep'd to be "shocked" .. (try www.kontraband.com some time)

My comment was triggered by IMHO this subject has nowt to do with ( a ) United Kingdom or ( b ) Geocaching hence should not be on this forum ...

As Lychee said If it had been here ... http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showforum=37 I would have ignored it ....

Edited by S&G.Davison

Bonsai kitty - oh yea, that well-known urban myth...!

Here's a picture I came across once - maybe the cats got their revenge?!?

bonsaiwoman.jpg

Complaints to whichever Sunday paper originally published the picture.

Edited by Hampk
Wooops sorry please delete....it seems to offend to many

Bob

I saw your edit re deleting the post .. I thank you for that

If this post had been in the off topic Forum I'd never have said a thing ...

Maybe the "Eckythump" or "Lacto thingy Copper guy" may lock this one off ???

Bobuk, if you want to lock this thread then as original poster you can do so by posting a reply. On the left in the Reply window you'll find "Post Options", where you can close or lock the thread.

Having said that, I found the links above very amusing...

---

Unoffended past owner of many cats and a dog. :blink:

I do realise that this has nothing to do with geocachin' ....but I think it will put a smile on a face or two ;)

cat bathing

Enjoy

B.

Wooops sorry please delete....it seems to offend to many

B.

Ok, Ok I realise many people have taken offence to this link but the thought of even attempting anything like this with one of our two little moggies brings a smile to my face!! Just the look I know I would get from the little lad would keep me going for a while!! I think the fact that it is such a daft thing to attempt makes it obvious that it's not being at all serious.

I didn't see this last night so only now am I having a laugh about it. I don't find the Cat Bathing, nor the spoof "Bonsai Kitten" offensive.

However I do agree that this is a little too far "off topic" to have a place in the UK Geocaching forum so I'm closing it. You might like to post similar topics in the GCUK Jokes forum

Thanks for the morning smile ;)