What Is Your Favorite Geocaching Memory?

That's hard. Maybe when Bjorn74 hosted a multi-cache troubleshooting event in a Columbus neighborhood and 8 or 10 of us spent a couple of hours figurin' clues and "bar-hoppin'," our way around a Tour of Grandview. Or maybe it was a long uphill walk to Scook's Up Ferguson Way cache with my Father, Sister and Cousin. It might be the first time an out-of-town group logged almost all my caches in one day. not sure.

My Favorite geocaching memory has to be meeting 2 fellow cachers while in FL for job training. I was hundreds of miles from home, thrown in a hotel with no means of transportation and the dynamic duo of Burgi Dad and Yuzawa Kat came to my rescue. The first night out with them made me realize what wonderfull people are involved in this sport / hobby. I doubt they will truely realize how much I appreciated their generosity of their time but it can't be put into words.

I have had some great cachin' experiences that have turned into fond memories. Surprisingly, a few near the top of the list are DNF's.

I'd hafta say though that Geocaching Events rank highest of all. I just attended Sax Man's Campout as my 40th event attended and the one before that was GW3.

I can't determine which one of the 40 was best. Some were clearly better than others, but few actual caches measure up to the fun of an event. For me anyway....

There are many, MANY caches that stand out in my mind... but there are Two events that take the cake. The very FIRST meet & greet, planned by myself and three others, where the AGA (Alabama) group was born, and the "Goodbye Joefrog" Meet & Greet that was thrown for me when I was moving to NY. Geez, but I miss those people... :huh:

The day I opened up my email and saw and email from FallenFaery. It was sent out of the blue and she asked if I would like to go caching with her sometime. Innocent at the time but it ended up developing into a real solid realtionship that I hope lasts forever. Sappy? Yes! But it's my favorite. :huh:

Hey Ed, share some of the spotlight, I got that e-mail once as well. I still cached with her, but I was already taken.

My best memory: Probably the day I spent with Genius Loci doing Paddle Your Canoe, Alot followed by Fox River Cache.

There have been so many great memories of caching with cachers (Greg, Brad, Carlos, Jim, Mike, Dan, Ed, Amy, George) and with my family that those are almost always the ones that stick out.

As far as a caching experience where I caches solo that stands out... here's my log for the Great Village of the Maramek Cache, even though it turned out I was not alone. Still the experience of that cache, rather than the experience of having another cacher there, was what tickled my fancy.

Edited by Markwell

Gee, so many to choose from...every trip is a new set of memories. Spending time with family and friends. Enjoying the desert flowers from high up on Fremont Peak. A whirlwind 130-find day. Chasing down virtual after virtual on the Las Vegas Strip. Finding yet another neat, out-of-the-way spot to hide a cache. Discovering a new hiking or 4X4 trail to explore. Sharing a pizza and a pitcher of beer at another great event cache. Crawling through a treacherous tunnel to reach the Chamber of Secrets. Caching through Phoenix with 114° weather and a busted air-conditioner. Meeting new buddies.

What's not to love? :huh:

My favorite day was the first day Mrs. Bahamadiver went out with me and Geoprincess (our 7 year old daughter) on her first find. It was great to have everyone together and out doing something we never thought would be possible again. For those of you who don't know us, my wife and I were hit by :huh: a drunk driver on our motorcycle three years ago and almost killed. They told us that if I did survive, I'd never walk again. I beat the odds as did she and although we are badly handicapped, this new adventure and sport has given us new meaning to our lives as well as good excercise and education for our child. Not many 7 year olds can understand Lat and Long. as well as read topo maps!

Thanks to all of you that have made this sucha great sport!

Bahamadiver family