Nurse To The Ape

Nurse Dave

Gracia (the coordinates MA gave in his death march list) is just a spot on the logging road where the Iron Horse trail crosses it. Without blocking the trail I think you could probably park 8 vechicles. Of course there is bound to be 1 or 2 others with the day off up there as well.

Would there be a park-n-ride near I-90 and I-405 that would have room for several vehicles to park that we could use to meet and then car pool up the hill? That might be a better option since most people would be coming from that area or beyond. I know there is one at 112th where Park n Hoot used to be, but I don't know how full that gets on a work day.

Eastgate P&R

14200 SE Eastgate Way

SE Eastgate Wy & 141st Ave SE

The Eastgate P&R has a new parking garage that I drive by regularly and I have yet to see it full. The top level is almost always nearly empty.

And there is always the Factoria Mall, the back lot is nearly empty this time of the year.

On Saturday at the cache machine I did a face plant on the beach and banged up my knee and it's been Really bothering me since Sunday. Went to the doc this morning and it looks like I hyper extended it so I'm iffy for the walk on the 6th. I'm not totally ruling it out but the possibility is there.

Oh well it doesn't look like it's going anywhere for a while. I Allanon's foot isn't better perhaps the 2 of us can catch it later.

Ya, that's what we want to do. Just waiting for you locals to stop yappin' about a meeting spot and pick one. :D

Actually, I don't want to make a big production out of it, so maybe we just meet at the $5 spot and if people want to arrange car pools, even starting from Seattle then you can.

Ya, that's what we want to do.  Just waiting for you locals to stop yappin' about a meeting spot and pick one.  :D

Actually, I don't want to make a big production out of it, so maybe we just meet at the $5 spot and if people want to arrange car pools, even starting from Seattle then you can.

Too late it's already been made a big production, we're just getting started and we still have two weeks to make it an even bigger production. :D

Too late it's already been made a big production, we're just getting started and we still have two weeks to make it an even bigger production. :lol:

And in that spirit...

O.k. so - did I hear mention of "Frito Pies"??? No? Well we surely can't have out-of-town guests and not serve them the local delicacy, now can we? I'll bring the chili and the fritos, if others can bring the toppings and a stove.

And meanwhile, adding evermore to this DreamWorks production - LandRover, gg's callin' shotgun - just let me know where best to meet you, yes?

O.k. so - did I hear mention of "Frito Pies"???  No?  Well we surely can't have out-of-town guests and not serve them the local delicacy, now can we?  I'll bring the chili and the fritos, if others can bring the toppings and a stove.

I have a propane camp stove (4 in fact of different sizes etc.) none of which you would want to lug around the woods. I too have been curious as to the local "Frito Pie" thingy.

Edited by CENT5
Well if you all are interested in a late lunch picnic after we emerge from the tunnel, I found out we can borrow the bigger car for our adventure. So we can bring a cooler full of drinks.

Even if my foot isn't ready for a 6 mile walk, if I can get the time off I'd be up for meeting everyone on the parking lot end of the tunnel...If we end up getting permission from Nolenator to do the Frito Pies, I can probably get that started as well.

And I'd definitely like to go on the Runhills cache afterwards. :lol:

O.k. so - did I hear mention of "Frito Pies"???  No?  Well we surely can't have out-of-town guests and not serve them the local delicacy, now can we?  I'll bring the chili and the fritos, if others can bring the toppings and a stove.

I have a propane camp stove (4 in fact of different sizes etc.) none of which you would want to lug around the woods. I too have been curious as to the local "Frito Pie" thingy.

In my vast Frito Pie experience, all two of them, Frito Pies have been a tail gating activity so there is no need to lug all the equipment and fixins on our backs.

My plan for doing the Runhills cache, which is a drive to cache, is to do it after the now planned post hike lunch so that those who want to do it can and those who don't can read about it in our logs.

GG has called shotgun in the LR so I still have two open spots in the back seat.

And the production continues to grow :lol:

In my vast Frito Pie experience, all two of them, Frito Pies have been a tail gating activity so there is no need to lug all the equipment and fixins on our backs.

I'll bring the stove. What do I need for "Cooking gear"?

Shall I bring a boat or canoe or 3 and jack this production up another notch. :laughing::yikes:

I'll try to arrange a marching band and cheer leaders to perform at out tail gate party. Like Allanon I'll attend for the after hike activities and Runhills if my knee isn't up for an extended hike. I'll also bring a Costco-sized bag of shredded cheese.

(Assuming I still get to go...my boss is sitting on my request for time off...sheesh)

I'll bring the stove. What do I need for "Cooking gear"?

Shall I bring a boat or canoe or 3 and jack this production up another notch. :laughing::yikes:

If not mistaken, and I frequently am, a pot to heat up chili and a dispensing utensil will be all that is required, oh yeah and something to light the stove with. :lol::lol:

There are two nearby island caches on Lake Keechelus, but the requirement for a boat varies with water level of the lake.

There are two nearby island caches on Lake Keechelus, but the requirement for a boat varies with water level of the lake.

I'll toss a canoe on top and grab some PFD's just in case anyone is interested.

I'm coming out of Burien about 9:15 if anyone needs a lift.

I'll toss a canoe on top and grab some PFD's just in case anyone is interested.

If there is enough interest I'll toss 2 canoes on the truck capable of holding 3 each and I have enough PFD's to go around.

And the production gathers speed. :laughing:

Edited by CENT5

I'll take one of LR's back seat positions. I can meet you at the P-n-R at 112th and 405. Got an estimate of time for that spot? I'm thinking maybe 9:45 to 10:00. I will plan on being there by 9:45. I will email you my cell number.

Edit to add, I can pick up eating utensils. Do we need bowls or plates? Spoons or forks? Since I have not had the pleasure of the frito pies, I have to ask.

What else do we need?

Edited by WeightMan
Edit to add, I can pick up eating utensils.  Do we need bowls or plates?  Spoons or forks?  Since I have not had the pleasure of the frito pies, I have to ask.

What else do we need?

Great WM - paper bowls are best, and just spoons. If Recdiver brings the cheese, than all we need now is... chopped onion, jalapenos and... sour cream is awfully nice too!

And as far as getting the Peace Monger's permission for the Got Pies? - heck, no doubt he'll be there in spirit, if not in person!

Well heck, if there's stuff going on afterward, I'm in after you return from the tunnel! (I've already done the Iron horse/tunnel/ape)

As an experienced nolenator apprentice, I'm happy to help with the frito pies. I'll even email His Peacefulness for dispensation. :laughing: To put 'em together we'll need:

A camp stove - Cent5

A flame source - Cent5

A pot and spoon - Cent5

Chili (and a can opener unless we're lucky enough to have Ray the homemade chili demigod attend) - GlobalGirl

Fritos (regular size, not the big dip chips) - Global Girl

Grated cheese - recdiver

Chopped onion

Sliced jalapenos - Prying Pandora

Bowls - Cent5

Spoons or forks - Cent5

Hungry cachers

I'm happy to provide any of the above that someone else doesn't want to bring.

Edit: D'oh! I can't believe I forgot the fritos! Thanks GG.

Edited by Prying Pandora
To put 'em together we'll need:

A camp stove - Cent5

A flame source - Cent5

A pot and spoon

Chili (and a can opener unless we're lucky enough to have Ray the homemade chili demigod attend)

Grated cheese - recdiver

Chopped onion

Sliced jalapenos

Bowls

Spoons or forks

Hungry cachers

Welcome aboard PP - but errr... you forgot to list the most important ingredient - the "F" word, yes?

And I already offered to bring both the chili (sorry, likely not homemade, but then... you never know what might move the gg's spirit...) and plenty of the f-word.

Oh, and... though not "officially" part of the original "Got Pies?" - a dollop of sour cream can be a most delish finishing touch.

A camp stove - Cent5

A flame source - Cent5

A pot and spoon

Chili (and a can opener unless we're lucky enough to have Ray the homemade chili demigod attend) - GlobalGirl

Grated cheese - recdiver

Chopped onion

Sliced jalapenos

Bowls

Spoons or forks

Hungry cachers

Edit: D'oh!  I can't believe I forgot the fritos!  Thanks GG.

I have the pot, stirring spoon, and can opener covered as well as bowls and utinsels.

Edited by CENT5
To put 'em together we'll need:

A camp stove - Cent5

A flame source - Cent5

A pot and spoon

Chili (and a can opener unless we're lucky enough to have Ray the homemade chili demigod attend)

Grated cheese - recdiver

Chopped onion

Sliced jalapenos

Bowls

Spoons or forks

Hungry cachers

Welcome aboard PP - but errr... you forgot to list the most important ingredient - the "F" word, yes?

And I already offered to bring both the chili (sorry, likely not homemade, but then... you never know what might move the gg's spirit...) and plenty of the f-word.

Oh, and... though not "officially" part of the original "Got Pies?" - a dollop of sour cream can be a most delish finishing touch.

Like I said, I have bowls and spoons. If people want forks they can bring their own.

On another note, has anybody kept a count of how many cachers we are talking about?

Hey PP, I have done the caches, but want to walk along just to see them try Dirty Fingers. That alone will be worth the walking.

OK, here's what we have so far:

A camp stove - Cent5

A flame source - Cent5

A pot and spoon - Cent5

Grated cheese - recdiver

Chopped onion

Sliced jalapenos - Prying Pandora

Bowls - Cent5

Spoons or forks - Cent5

Hungry cachers

Hey PP, I have done the caches, but want to walk along just to see them try Dirty Fingers. That alone will be worth the walking.

Hmmm...

A camp stove - Cent5

A flame source - Cent5

A pot and spoon - Cent5

Grated cheese - recdiver

Chopped onion - Landrover

Sliced jalapenos - Landrover

Sour Cream - Prying Pandora

Bowls - Cent5

Spoons or forks - Cent5

Hungry cachers - everybody

It looks like we're covered!

Two things:

1)  If consume Frito Pies and I am not at the event your guts will fill with enorumous amounts of gas and explode.

2)  The World as Runhills Sees It is not really a "drive by" but a "drive to", a destination of sorts.

Peace, Nolenator

I did say that The World as Runhills Sees It is was a "drive to", not a "drive by". From the descriptions & pictures that have been posted The World as Runhills Sees It is looks like a very nice destination whether there was a cache there or not, plus I get to drive the Land Rover up some rough roads again.

PP just filled the last of the availabel LR seats, so the pit crew is now set. :laughing:

Almost First To Find:

:laughing: July 20, 2001 by EraSeek (959 found)

#2. We came in second place on this one. WE WERE SO ON IT! We had this one nailed! But alas, it was not to be. I had never really looked at the APE project until yesterday. I noticed a post from Kansas (I think) where a Geocacher made predictions on the Tunnel of Light. “This sounds familiar”, I thought, so I checked and noticed that it was going to be in a state that started with a “W”. I knew right away where it was going to be! I did a little research and figured it was going to come down today and so started watching the site from 6am. When it was posted we were on the road in 5 mins flat. The funny part is this was going to be my day away from Geocaching; a day to get my life back in order. No way!

It was SO cool! The day was not foggy but there was a cold fog rolling out of that dark tunnel. “My Son Josh” and I kept up a good pace and half way through the tunnel we see lights behind us. Agents from the other side! we thought. Could it be? Now they are running! Gaining on us! They catch us. “Geocachers,” we ask them, “yup”. It was Avalanche and his buddy, on the run after seeing our lights. “My Son Josh” is no sprinter so we play it like the tortoise and the hare. But the hares won this one. But that’s OK, they had a lot of desire and had been on this thing for months. Plus we got to see and hold the artifact. Major cool!

They took it, we took the train software they left behind (the 3 kids will love it) and we left a large tube of, well, special effects for the next finder, plus a floppy disk with some shocking information on it from Sluggo’s UFO Cache in Kennewick. You could say Sluggo and the APE project have joined forces here. Whoever accesses the information on this disk please let Sluggo know where it has gone next. Watch your backside. Cache on!

Two things:

1)  If consume Frito Pies and I am not at the event your guts will fill with enorumous amounts of gas and explode.

2)  The World as Runhills Sees It is not really a "drive by" but a "drive to", a destination of sorts.

Peace, Nolenator

I did say that The World as Runhills Sees It is was a "drive to", not a "drive by". From the descriptions & pictures that have been posted The World as Runhills Sees It is looks like a very nice destination whether there was a cache there or not, plus I get to drive the Land Rover up some rough roads again.

PP just filled the last of the availabel LR seats, so the pit crew is now set. :yikes:

The drive-by was Stuffed-with Fluff, sometimes it is a boat-by.

Now I was driving my truck, not the van, on the road to the Runhills cache and there was some nervous tension from the passengers on the way up. On the way down L&R actually bailed out prefering to be thrown from an open bed of the truck rather than be trapped in the back seats :lol: .

I can hear the screams now coming from the back seats of the LR :laughing:

Hmm... this is getting interesting. I may have to go along just to show where a mini van can make it. After some of the "roads" we traveled to get some of the oldies on our vacation (and logs mentioning 'ATVs') there's not much I'd skip (& no you don't have to test me, I do know my limits - and they're a lot farther then my wife's!).

The drive-by was Stuffed-with Fluff, sometimes it is a boat-by.

Now I was driving my truck, not the van, on the road to the Runhills cache and there was some nervous tension from the passengers on the way up.  On the way down L&R actually bailed out prefering to be thrown from an open bed of the truck rather than be trapped in the back seats  :lol: .

I can hear the screams now coming from the back seats of the LR  :laughing:

I have running boards and hand rails they can hang from if it gets to scarry, they've been used before :yikes::lol: .

Now I was driving my truck, not the van, on the road to the Runhills cache and there was some nervous tension from the passengers on the way up.  On the way down L&R actually bailed out prefering to be thrown from an open bed of the truck rather than be trapped in the back seats  :lol: .

I can hear the screams now coming from the back seats of the LR  :yikes:

:lol::laughing: