Ftf Prizes

Just being FTF is prize enough. :laughing:

I got some beads out of my one and only FTF. I don't think they were the most valuable item in the cache, but they appealed to me, and I put them on my hat so I can remember what a feat it was to make that three mile hike to be FTF. :)

Something I thought about putting in or would like to find as a FTF prize would be a coupon with an e-mail address or phone number on it, where when you were FTF and contacted the owner to let him know you were FTF he/she would buy you like 2-3 months worth of membership on GC.Com. I don't know if it's technically possible to buy an account for another player or not, but I'm sure it could be set up.

Other Things: Mini-Mag lights, DVD's, GC.com swag, T-shirts, $$$, Special sig items, Small handheld videogames, Diecast cars/motorcycles (larger than hotwheels), Compass's, pre-paid phone calling cards.

Just put the kinds of things that YOU would like to find as the FTF'er and you should be fine.

We've only been FTF on a few caches, but just the fact we're FTF overides just about anything we could find in the cache.

Ohgr

I had some oval stickers printed up that have FTF in the middle and around the edge is "A CUB CACHE." In caches that are large enough I place them inside the container, on micros I e-mail the FTF and let them know I will give them the sticker at the next event. There's a few cachers running around here proudly displaying the stickers. I got the stickers at a local print shop for about a 1.40 each.

Edited by cudlecub

I rarely put FTF prizes in caches, but the few I have included a pair of binoculars, a few geocaching.com hats, a Petzel Micro headlamp.

In micros I often leave collectible coins like Indian head pennies, merc dimes, buffalo nickles, Eisenhower dollars and Kennedy halves. I don't leave them specifically as FTF prizes but the FTF takes them more often than not.

FTF "prize" for one of my micros includes the name of a great H.O.T. cacher, who was first to find on this cache.

The entire name uses the cacher's name and is a pun on the cache's location. Some folks that logged the cache caught the subtle humor, some didn't get it at all.

This FTF prize wasn't inventive at all, since it was an idea I blatently stole from a similar thread to this one a few months ago. I did a search and turned up a couple more parallel threads like this one and this one. Links provided for great ideas that folks may not be in the mood to repost again on this one. It is certainly a worthy topic!

The best FTF prize I found was a twenty dollar gift certificate to Petsmart.

I'm working on my first "5/5" cache and FTF will get their choice between a piece of fossil amber (complete with insects) or a late 1800s Morgan Silver Dollar. All the trade items in the cache will have a value of $10.00 or more. Items included will be one or two Mini-mag lights, and some Craftsman tools. There will be no 99 cent store "made in china" junk in this cache.

Edited by Kit Fox

We put two lottery tickets in for ftf and stf. I can't remember the demoninations but I think one was $10 and the other was $3.

----------------------

Hey Fergus, let me know when you place a cache with one of those chainmail candle holders in the Ann Arbor area!

I've only ever gotten 2 FTF prizes. One was a really cool small bead that looked like a globe. I'm sure it was not expensive, but I like it. The other was a trail book & topo maps of the Finger Lakes trail/region in NY. I've got a soft spot for the Finger Lakes, so some friends and I kind of went out of the way to be first on that cache. I'm sure that was more around $10-15.

As for ones I left, I've only left a FTF prize once. It was a CD with pictures I had taken while caching on it. The guy who took it never looked at them... :laughing: but subsequent ones that I've left in caches have been well received. I'm actually going to start leaving 2nd and 3rd to find prizes (instead of 1st) in my caches this summer, but I haven't decided on just what they will be.