What Are Your Coordinates?

DieselNut

Cool. Now next time there is a caching event in your area, all I have to do is check the logs to see if you're going to attend, then I know when your house will be vacant so I can clear it out :ph34r:

Now, *I* wouldn't do that. But do you know that the 15,000 other people reading these forums won't?

Cool. Now next time there is a caching event in your area, all I have to do is check the logs to see if you're going to attend, then I know when your house will be vacant so I can clear it out

So by that logic nobody with an 8-5 job should be in the telephone directory, because then the thieves know where and when to strike?

I think this is an excellent example of why these forums drive people away - a knee-jerk argumentative nonsensical post that does nothing to help anything.

33° 32.020N

086° 42.625W

1512 Monticello Road

Irondale, Al. 35210

205-956-6814

Y'all call or stop by if you're in the area!

Ed

Edited by TheAlabamaRambler
I dont know why or what Baywood is, I noticed it today on my GPS, I must look into that

As a kid, I used to always ask my dad why the road my Grandma lived on was called "Woodstock Cuba Rd." and he never knew the answer. On my last trip, I was looking at the map and saw that it is the road that runs between Woodstock and Cuba( which I guess used ti be town names before Millington gobbled them up. If you look at the city list in your GPS you'll find that a lot of neighborhoods are listed as cities themselves. Like Baywood, NY and nearby Dix Hills, NY

Good solution for the paranoid:  Just give your coordinates to the nearest or last minute.  That's accurate enough to give people the general area, but not enough to pinpoint exactly where you are.  A minute of latitude is a nautical mile of distance; a minute of longitude somewhat less, depending on your latitude.

With that in mind, here's my location, to the nearest minute each way:

N 38° 34'

W 121° 29'

Cool. Now next time there is a caching event in your area, all I have to do is check the logs to see if you're going to attend, then I know when your house will be vacant so I can clear it out :D

Now, *I* wouldn't do that. But do you know that the 15,000 other people reading these forums won't?

true,

but with an address and an autorouting gps I can get there anyways.

For a class we had to look up quite a bit of information on our professor including banking information, house pictures and value, his personal salary, ext...

It took about two hours. I'm not too worried about giving out coordinates

But why make it easy for them, so I won't

I live north of Pittsburgh in a rural area called west deer. I'm about a mile west of deer lakes high school living at the end of a private drive, and on a ridge.

anyone want to try and map it out?

Cool. Now next time there is a caching event in your area, all I have to do is check the logs to see if you're going to attend, then I know when your house will be vacant so I can clear it out  :D

true,

For a class we had to look up quite a bit of information on our professor including banking information, house pictures and value, his personal salary, ext...

I live north of Pittsburgh in a rural area called west deer. I'm about a mile west of deer lakes high school living at the end of a private drive, and on a ridge.

Do you live here?

433f368c-2c76-422f-b49d-6a578de7699b.jpg

DM03us in the Maidenhead grid system used by Ham radio operators.

The Mike makes it in the south part of the continental USA. The Delta makes in the western states. Delta-Mike makes it in the Southwest. The 3 makes it in the lower latitudes, the 0 makes it in the far western end. DM03 makes it in southern California near the coast. (The "us" is the subgrid making it in the northeast part of the grid.)

If you have a Garmin, which has Maidenhead Grid, enter DM03us in your GPSr,it will show the SW corner of the subgrid, about 2 miles from my house.

With a description like that, it says "A gun also lives here" Do you have any cold beer in the fridge?

With a description like that, it says "A gun also lives here" Do you have any cold beer in the fridge?

Yes, we have a case in the mud room fridge, and hat door is never locked.

COME ON IN!!!

Oh, and we do have guns. So unless you shout "I"M A GEOCACHER" it might be a bit scary.

Cool. Now next time there is a caching event in your area, all I have to do is check the logs to see if you're going to attend, then I know when your house will be vacant so I can clear it out  :rolleyes:

true,

Do you live here?

433f368c-2c76-422f-b49d-6a578de7699b.jpg

Very close.

I gave you bad directions. It's closer to a mile and a half and south west. Didn't ave the gps when I posted the other day.

I'm right here

4b3a3f57-b363-42d6-9253-978412c7c297.jpg