A Watched Cache...

I've been thinking about buying one of those camouflaged motion sensing cameras that hunters use to photograph game. I've seen these in sporting goods stores. Strap it to a tree near your cache and point it in the direction of ground zero. You may get some entertaining pictures, maybe some shots of some neat animals, and it would also be a way to see who visits the spot and doesn't log it. (I have one nasty hide out there that I know is getting DNFs but they're not being logged.)

Like this:

Stealth camera

These go on sale from time to time...I may have to buy one.

I've been thinking about buying one of those camouflaged motion sensing cameras that hunters use to photograph game. I've seen these in sporting goods stores. Strap it to a tree near your cache and point it in the direction of ground zero. You may get some entertaining pictures, maybe some shots of some neat animals, and it would also be a way to see who visits the spot and doesn't log it. (I have one nasty hide out there that I know is getting DNFs but they're not being logged.)

Like this:

Stealth camera

These go on sale from time to time...I may have to buy one.

You'ld use up a whole roll of film on just me. I tend to walk past the actual cache dozens of times in a futile attempt to find it :D

You'ld use up a whole roll of film on just me. I tend to walk past the actual cache dozens of times in a futile attempt to find it :D

Actually, I thought about that. It looks like you can set the number of pictures these things take. (something like 1 to 6) It takes the set number of pictures and goes into "hibernation" for 120 minutes. If a cacher is STILL there after 120 minutes when the cam wakes up then I would get some more pictures. (probably real funny ones after a 2 hour search.)

Now, keeping this topic on track...

Most of my urban caches are close to my home or work coordinates. When I'm out, I'll usually go a little out of my way to see if anybody is looking for them. I've never "caught" anybody but a co-worker saw someone near one with a hand-held device of some type...

I have a few caches that are either in very public locations downtown near where I work or are on a route I travel regularly. The caches downtown are usually found while I’m inside working or after hours so I have not seen anybody at them but I do look when going by. There are 2 caches, GC953C & GCAD25, I have stopped at to watch and meet cachers when I was in the area.

I don’t dare stop at my newest hide, GCMC58, because it is too high of an area to get thrown off!