Would It Be Bad Etiquette To Have A Memorial Bug?

Honest John & Suzies Jule

Would It Be Bad Etiquette To Have A Memorial Bug?

What I would like to know (Your Opinions) if it would It be bad etiquette to have a Memorial Bug?

My Grandmother recently passed away.

I have an astrology coin with her sign on one side, and Her name, and birthday on the other.

The coin is the size of a silver dollar, in a bezel with a loop, to easily to hook a Travel Bug tag to.

I would name it after Her and it will mean a lot to me to see Her still kicking around the world as she did like to travel.,

Your comments are appreciated.

seriously- I think you could even put some ashes in a small container and make that a bug. Just think how much she could get around then. sounds funny, but there are stranger memorial services like the company that sends an ounce of ashes into low earth orbit.

Uncle Elwyn is like that..

You're supposed to scatter this dude's ashes around every state.

He's even made it into canada.

I maintain a memorial travel bug. Check out Phantom Menace. A memorial to Capt Ed DeBee.

I highly recommend the practice. His family loves it. It has been muggled once, and lost for 2 years, but now it is circulating again. During the "lost" period, it was in the hands of a soldier deployed overseas so it wasn't really lost.

I'm currently planning some more.

:blink:

Check out TBB637.

This little guy has travelled nearly 10,000 miles since he was released in March of 2004. We were privileged to carry him around for a couple of days, and took lots of pictures.

I thought it was really cool that he had been travelling for 4 years.

I'd like to think that memorial TBs would be less likely to go missing... but there are times when human nature disappoints, so be sure to be aware of that possibility.

I've found memorial TBs before and think they are a good idea. Although as has already been mentioned, TBs do sometimes go missing, due to inexperienced cachers or caches getting muggled, so be prepared for that to happen.

I found a TB that was the collar of somebodys dog who died, to be honest I thought that was a little creepy, especially as it was all worn and dirty, but a coin or plaque of a relative would be appropriate.