New Fun Item I Discovered

Preesi

What are Gnomads?

They’re adventurous pocket-sized gnomes who love to travel. Once upon a time they were happy to hang around your garden or front lawn, but now they want to see the world and it’s up to you to send them on their way and document their adventures!

Each Gnomad has a tracking number that guides you to its own unique webpage journal. Once registered, anyone who encounters your Gnomad on its travels can add photos to the journal and write about your Gnomad's exciting adventures.

Check out The GNOMAD website and get your own:

http://www.gnomads.net

I just dropped one in a cache today!

I DO NOT SELL THEM!

did you say gonads? <_<

I had to read it twice to get it right.

These are like travertags only like the first Fords. Any Travel Bug you want as long as it's a Gnome.

You know, someone should bring back pet rocks and put numbers on them. Then you can trow them in the dirt, in the river, wherever. When someone else finds arock with a number on it they can track it's travels. Then again, no.

Edited by Renegade Knight

I think the idea comes from the French Movie "Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain" or "Amelie" in its English subtitled version.

Amelie's father always stays home and only dreams of travels. To inspire him to actually go ahead and travel, Amelie steals his gnome in his garden and sends it all over the world with her flight attendant friend who takes picture of the gnome in different countries and sends them to the father.

Cool that someone thought of doing it for real! :blink:

They are free for 1 yr to track then there's a catch!

Track your Gnomads adventure online through stories and pictures posted by GUARDIANS* to your own, secure home page - It's FREE for ONE YEAR ($3.99 thereafter)!

But if they have the same half life as our TB's have, they will only collect about 20 bucks from the 4 owners who still have active Gnomads after a year.

thats so cool. I wonder where the idea came from?

The orgional traveling Gnome started in England a number of years back. It seems some pranksters took a large garden nome and some how convenced folks to take it on travels around the world. There are picture of it all over and a webpage devoted to its exploits. The gnome is still out ther some place.

cheers

thats so cool. I wonder where the idea came from?

The orgional traveling Gnome started in England a number of years back. It seems some pranksters took a large garden nome and some how convenced folks to take it on travels around the world. There are picture of it all over and a webpage devoted to its exploits. The gnome is still out ther some place.

cheers

Yah, I remember that!

I bought one of the Gnomads while Christmas shopping, and I do plan on adding a TB tag instead of relying on their system -- we'll see how far he goes!