Caching Bags.

Jagman714

Depends on what you are carrying and the type of caches you are doing. If you are just doing drive and dumps, you probably don't need a bag. If you are mostly doing caches that require a half mile walk, then a fanny pack, shoulder bag or VOMP (vest of many pockets) will do fine. If you prefer caches that involved longer hikes, then a decent daypack is in order. Here is a recent thread that has a lot of good info.

Edited by briansnat

I don't claim it's the best solution, but I had it around and it works for me. I carry a simple denim bag with shoulder straps. It has one large compartment and one smaller side compartment/pocket. Both close with zippers but I rarely close the main compartment. I keep batteries and other small items in the side pocket and everything else in the big one. I don't walk more than a mile one-way.

Depends on what you are carrying and the type of caches you are doing. If you are just doing drive and dumps, you probably don't need a bag. If you are mostly doing caches that require a half mile walk, then a fanny pack, shoulder bag or VOMP (vest of many pockets) will do fine. If you prefer caches that involved longer hikes, then a decent daypack is in order. Here is a recent thread that has a lot of good info.

Ditto:

For the most part I use a fanny pack just to store the equipment I've accumulated that may come in handy even for park and bags. Longer outings require a larger bag, or camelback etc.

padded straps are nice, and strong stitching is good.

I used cheap ones, (like one dollar at a garage sale cheap) they work ok. But after you use them to lug an ammo can around before hiding a couple times, the straps rip out.

anyone know how much weight / stress a camelbak can take?

The problem with the 'spike', as it were, is that it tends to sink a little too far in the grass/sand/mud to make egress as nice as it could be on, say, and 4" wedge heel with a 3/4" platform.

Now, I wouldn't know how this relates to caching, per se, but I do love 4" wedge heels with those 3/4" platforms.

And they would be easier to accessorize with my new (I wish) Coach Soho Suede (caching) Tote in Berry.

Rockports are for old farts, aren't they?

-=-

michelle

Most folks in our area of the country have no "bag" at all that they lug around. All of us have a tool box or something akin to that in our vehicles that hold all geocaching supplies. When we arrive at the starting point(or should I say walking point) we have a fairly good idea of the distance and terrain and put in our pockets what we need. In my case, I have plenty of pockets as I use a safari photo vest from Vestmate that seems to have thousands of pockets both small and large. I rarely go to a cache over 1 mile from where I park so I never felt the need for a backpack and the fanny packs never seemed to hold all I wanted to carry.

Rockports are for old farts, aren't they?
I resemble that remark!! ;)

I got a VOMP at WalMart that works very well. I couldn't find anything at all at Academy or other places. The vest was in the fishing section, and marked with a New tag, but on sale. It actually rang up at $2, but I think that was a mistake in the store computer.