Haggis Hunter's Caption's!!

After reading this very funny caption thread I started wondering if the hours I spend searching for photo's is worth my while. I put the caption's up for the exact same reason as I believe Snaik had, to bring some light hearted humour to the forum.

So in the case that I may upset someone who doesn't appear to have a sense of humour and wants it to be strictly Geocaching that we talk about, I am not going to waste my time looking for anymore pictures to post here, just for someone to complain that it isn't exactly talking about Geocaching.

Whatever happened to the British sense of humour????

:rolleyes::lol::lol::lol:;);):(:(

Edited for spelling mistakes.

Edited by Haggis Hunter

HH,

Speaking as one who has both contributed and laughed at these caption threads I urge you to re-consider.

All of us play the game differently and all of us like to use the forums differently too. I like to read all posts, however if threads were kept strictly to geocaching 100% of the time I doubt the forum would stay alive for very long! I know a lot of us like a bit of light relief and as long as the humorous threads do not become the main reason for the forum, I cannot see how anyone can be so serious as to object to the minority that these threads make up.

As long as threads are titled properly, so that those who do not wish to read them can avoid them, I see no problem at all with caption threads.

Team Clova

Team Clova, Thankyou for your kind comments.

The thread that I have listed above was exactly as you have said, listed correctly. When I went into it I had no doubt that I was going to see a picture and that there was going to be funny comments on it.

However it looks like some people don't think the same way that you, I and possibly lots of others do. :rolleyes:

Has there been any complaints when the photo was of someone out geocaching?

Perhaps in that lies the difference.

As the person who complained about the other picture caption thread, I can live with your geocaching ones.

Yes, they are funny, amusing or whatever, and they also do have some relevance to the subject to the geocaching forum. So I don't have a problem with those.

We all love Geocaching, so why can't we all love each other? Bagsey a pretty blonde one with big...ambitions.

As a past 'victim' of HH's caption pictures, as well as a contributor, I'd say I enjoy them as light relief from tales of lost TBs and the like. It's a broad forum and I'm sure it has the scope for all sorts of Geo-stuff, from well done to whoever on their 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/900th find to 'Have you seen a mexican while Geocaching' type threads. The only thing which irks me (and I'm not pointing any fingers here, I'm just *saying*) is when a public topic becomes a private 'you said I said' argument - or should I say animated discussion - and derails the thread so far off topic it collapses. It doesn't happen very often though, so it's not a big gripe about what, after all, is a free service to the UK caching community.

Back on thread: I say long live Geo-captions - especially featuring UK cachers!

Wasn't Kinghouse Hotel!! it was the Barrowland Ballroom 1969!!

:lol::o:lol:

Now how did you know I worked in Barrowland?? :rolleyes:

Mark you it was from 1954 to 1956 just before it burned down (if my memory serves me correct) ...however I was asked to resume my employment when it was rebuilt :lol: It was observed I enjoyed my work!!!

Bible John the famous Glasgow Barrowland serial killer was knocking about at that time and even an upstanding citizen like myself was questioned by the boys in blue ;)

:o:o:o:P:(:(;)

Ullium.

PLEASE PLEASE Dont stop the captions ! I log on every morning about 5.30 AM(before going to work) to see if there is another one. They are so funny and have me giggling all day whilst working.I have a job that although very fullfilling is extremely sad at times and the captions make a great start to my day.

Keep em coming :laughing:

Nes (from Gaz,Nes amd Layla) xxxx

Well what can I say?? It looks like as though I had got hold of the wrong end of the stick, please wait one whilst i wipe my hands..................................................................

..................................Ok I'm back now hands nice and clean :laughing: . I will go with everyone's nice comments and keep the caption's coming. The next one will even be of me, just so that you can take the mickey out of my foolishness :):huh: .

Nice one HH, keep adding those funny pics, they are great and we enjoy a giggle or two.

Perhaps If anyone else has any silly caching pics they can send them in to you to use, How about the one you put up on the Way of the Wild Geese??

cheers

PPs

That's a good idea PP's and I would welcome the links to the logs being sent to me. Stuey has already done so. But I am letting him stew (excuse the pun :) ) before I post his picture.

As for the picture I put on the Wild Geese this is one that I will do in due course. I've already subjected myself to the ridicule twice, how many more times do you want?? :huh::laughing:

Whatever happened to the British sense of humour????

:D:(:blink::P:D:D:(:(

Edited for spelling mistakes.

Was it hijacked? - Steady, now! I'm only joking.

Seriously, though. It is funny, isn't it?

Keep doing it until people stop posting captions. Perhaps every couple of weeks would prevent burnout for the caption writers and give the non readers a chance to not read something else. That way when they don't read the captions, they'll appreciate them more.